For those of us going through baseball withdrawal . . .

The power of pitching?

The Dodgers got to the seventh game of the WS as a team with great pitching.

The team did not have a player in the top ten in the selected categories of Offensive WAR, Defensive WAR, none in On-Base Plus Slugging, Runs Scored, Hits, Total Bases, Doubles, Triples, Bases on Balls, Strikeouts, Stolen Bases, Runs Created, etc.

The Dodgers did have #5 in Batting Average and #4 in On-Base% (Turner), and #10 in Slugging % with #6 in Home Runs (Bellinger).

And any way to avoid politics.

A strange thing to be addicted to such a boring sport. I've never really enjoyed baseball, though I used to follow it when I was a Giants fan. But when you win 103 games and don't make the pennant race, there is something messed up with the way its done.

However, if y'all MUST have some baseball, I prefer to have a little scenery to go with it.

"Jerry Coleman would hang a star on that one." Ah, the Colonel. RIP :salute:

That was a great sequence. Thanks. See, you can enjoy a baseball game.

My personal favorite.

To put this into context, the Reds were on a terrible losing streak and on the road in Philly. It was bottom of the 9th and the game tied with a man on second. The batter then hits a single into right field that should by all rights win the game for Philly, but the base runner lost sight of the ball and held up unbeknownst to Paul Oniel who bobbled the ball and thinking that the runner would score easily. Paul then kicked the ball in frustration. Fortunately, it was a perfect punt to the first baseman which saved the game......at least until the next inning where the Reds found another way to lose the game.

Hilarious.

Huge baseball fan my whole life. Driven out in 94 strike. Got Sucked back in about 2002?

Dont like what free agency has created, all the talk about contracts, DH, fixation on stats over short haul. Kershaw is racking up good little regular season numbers ....hmmmm? How bout postseason st $30mil salary?

Other than that......NL bsseball is a great game.

Forum List

Back