For those of impaired vision and thought. The govt does create jobs.

Yes the Government does create jobs. I agree with this assesment. Unfortunately they only know how to create Government jobs though. Millions more Government jobs are Lose/Lose for the American Tax Payer.
And in order for them to "create" a job for a bureaucrat, a job in the free marketplace has to be destroyed....Hence, no net employment increase.

Politicians love visible beneficiaries and invisible casualties.

Wrong on several levels.

For example.
The govt spends to build a new section of interstate.
They also create jobs for the construction workers and the suppliers of materials for the project.
The govt does not only make jobs for bureaucrats.

Yes the Government does create jobs. I agree with this assesment. Unfortunately they only know how to create Government jobs though. Millions more Government jobs are a Lose/Lose for the American Tax Payer.

so those in the asphalt plant are govt workers/employees?
Or those at Northrop-Grumman?
The road builders would still be building roads were they privatized.

Were the military a private enterprise operation (not taking any side as to whether that is a good or bad idea here, just setting the premise) the jobs for military hardware would still exist.

So far, there's no net gain of employment in your Keynesian myth here.

Hell, POTUS is a job. (and a legit one too)

The myth/lie is that the government can create wealth. It can not. (that goes for any form of government btw and any party existing within)

See:
That Which is Seen, and That Which is Not Seen; by Frederic Bastiat
Re - "The broken window", "Public works", any section really...

Government Projects do not "Create Jobs" - Isaac M. Morehouse - Mises Institute

You've exposed one of the major problems of the far right. Their inability to say what they mean.

the far right just parrots what their pundit leaders say.
Understanding what they say is not required or encouraged.

In all fairness some on the left are this way as well. But the left is far less together on their views that the right is.

I've said exactly what I meant to say. I simply did not engage in the "govt does not create jobs" strawman.

I have no "pundit leader" but I do respec the two philosophers who's links I provided in the hope of creating clarity for those who cared to try and understand my own point of view. I've also made an effort to make my comments as simple to understand as possible.

Take or leave from them whatever you wish.

Yes the Government does create jobs. I agree with this assesment. Unfortunately they only know how to create Government jobs though. Millions more Government jobs are Lose/Lose for the American Tax Payer.
And in order for them to "create" a job for a bureaucrat, a job in the free marketplace has to be destroyed....Hence, no net employment increase.

Wrong on several levels.

For example.
They also create jobs for the construction workers and the suppliers of materials for the project.

That is the type of job we expect from our government.
I am OK with those jobs.

Wrong on several levels.

For example.
You're being willingly obtuse here, aren't you?

Where did the gubmint get the money to pay for the materials and employees for the project, Lucky the Leprechaun?

Yes the Government does create jobs. I agree with this assesment. Unfortunately they only know how to create Government jobs though. Millions more Government jobs are a Lose/Lose for the American Tax Payer.

so those in the asphalt plant are govt workers/employees?
Or those at Northrop-Grumman?
The road builders would still be building roads were they privatized.

Were the military a private enterprise operation (not taking any side as to whether that is a good or bad idea here, just setting the premise) the jobs for military hardware would still exist.

So far, there's no net gain of employment in your Keynesian myth here.

If a bullfrog had wings....

This is the way it IS though.

Wrong on several levels.

For example.
You're being willingly obtuse here, aren't you?

Where did the gubmint get the money to pay for the materials and employees for the project, Lucky the Leprechaun?

Printed it of course :)

But that is not the point of this thread.

Pundit parroting hack. :tongue:

I bet you'll be defending profits before long. :lol:

The problem with this Administration is that none of them have any real-life experience when it comes to business. Most in this Administration are spoiled Marxist-indoctrinated College Boys & Girls who don't know the first thing about economic issues. This President has absolutely no clue as to how business works. He spent most of his time in colleges teaching kids about the virtues of Marxism and how Che and Mao had it right. They're all just a bunch of spoiled College kids in the end. In fact his Secretary of Treasury Timothy Geithner couldn't even file his own taxes correctly using Turbo Tax. Do you really feel comfortable with him running our Economy? It's all just one big mess with this Administration at this point. Lets just hope & pray these three years fly by incredibly quickly.

The last administration had massive experience in failed business ventures.

but I digress, that has no bearing on the topic at hand.

Even a failed-businessman knows more than anyone in this current Administration. There just aren't enough people in this Administration with real-life business experience. How many have actually run their own business? The current Secretary of Treasury couldn't even file his own taxes correctly using Turbo Tax for God's sake. Pretty scary stuff no? You just can't get business experience teaching college kids Saul Alinsky's 'Rules for Radicals.' Way too many people in this Administration preaching to the country about business when it is clear they themselves know nothing about business. Like i said,lets just hope & pray these next three years fly by incredibly quickly.

The last administration had massive experience in failed business ventures.

but I digress, that has no bearing on the topic at hand.

Thus proving the superiority of the free market. But you digressed.

And so did you since that has no bearing on the topic at hand.

Much of the free market's profits depends on govt spending.

Only in the sense that government spending is in it's proper field (the protection of individual rights). The free market need be kept free from force and fraud via the police (keeping order) and courts (for contract disputes etc). Other than social order, the market only suffers from government spending.

I believe, as I suspect you may, in the separation of church and State. It just so happens that I also believe in the separation of economy and State. (and for the same reasons)

Forum List

Back