For those of impaired vision and thought. The govt does create jobs.

How bizare the republicans and consevatives have become.

Police do nothing according to them.

The soldiers in our military do nothing according to them.

The engineers who design our bridges do nothing according to them.

The construction workers who build our bridges do nothing according to them.

When was the last time a corporation arrested a criminal and kept him from harming you?

When was the last time a corporation fought and died for your freedom?

They have designed bridges after being paid buy the government to do so. That cost you extra money.

They have hired people to build our bridges and that cost you extra money.

You people refuse to accept that corporations add in profit and anything they do is MORE expensive than the government.

They are no smarter and no better.

All thoase govt workers also pay taxes.

:rolleyes:

Sure they do. However, every government worker is paid with money taken from the private sector first. All their money is taken from someone else first, including the taxes they pay.

That said there are legit jobs for government workers, the military, the police and the court system and all it entails. However there are tons more government jobs that ought to be done only by the private sector but sadly, are not.

What profit motive is involved with the government jobs you speak of?
And who pays the salaries of the folks that work for the government?
Other than tax revenue and user fees name one government entity that makes a profit and uses that model in your so called thesis of "government job creation"?
And are you trying to claim that the rise of the government work force helps the economy?
Sir, government did not create any of those jobs.
NOT ONE.
The MARKET creates those jobs and paid for them.
Government has NO $. ALL the $ they have is either printed, borrowed or FROM TAX $.
Those jobs are not as a result of supply and demand. They are a direct result of too much government.
Name one job in the government that was created as a result of the free market capitalist system demanding that job and the profit motive of the entity that created that job.
Governments do not create jobs. Never have and never will.

I am just curious, using your twisted thinking, would you mind defining a 'job'.

One man digs a hole, another woman fills it as it is a danger to pedestrians.

And the jobs report will say:

2 jobs were created today to protect the health and well being of Americans.

Last edited:
As I said this thread is not about the merit of the govt creating jobs, but the fact that it does.

The myth/lie about the govt not creating jobs is dead.

As I said this thread is not about the merit of the govt creating jobs, but the fact that it does.

Hell, POTUS is a job. (and a legit one too)

The myth/lie is that the government can create wealth. It can not. (that goes for any form of government btw and any party existing within)

See:
That Which is Seen, and That Which is Not Seen; by Frederic Bastiat
Re - "The broken window", "Public works", any section really...

Government Projects do not "Create Jobs" - Isaac M. Morehouse - Mises Institute

The myth/lie is that the government can create wealth. It can not. (that goes for any form of government btw and any party existing within)

See:

I did not say the govt creates wealth, although it does for some. The military industrial complex for example. And the approx 6 million individuals it employees either directly or indirectly.
Govt spending also boosts GDP. For whatever that is worth....

But it DOES create jobs.

At least this guy is making a distinction between govt creations and private creations. For years they told us that government creates jobs even when it is a non-government employer. I wonder if those that are employed by a private employer should thank the government for their job, employer, or the greed on wall street?

What profit motive is involved with the government jobs you speak of?
And who pays the salaries of the folks that work for the government?
Other than tax revenue and user fees name one government entity that makes a profit and uses that model in your so called thesis of "government job creation"?
And are you trying to claim that the rise of the government work force helps the economy?
Sir, government did not create any of those jobs.
NOT ONE.
The MARKET creates those jobs and paid for them.
Government has NO $. ALL the $ they have is either printed, borrowed or FROM TAX $.
Those jobs are not as a result of supply and demand. They are a direct result of too much government.
Name one job in the government that was created as a result of the free market capitalist system demanding that job and the profit motive of the entity that created that job.
Governments do not create jobs. Never have and never will.

As a general rule, government entities are not designed to be profit generating. And even if they were, then you'd be screaming about the private sector not being able to compete as the far right did during the healthcare debate. Besides, a blanket statement was made that the government doesn't create jobs. By your additional profit requirement, you're acknowledging that blanket statement was false.

This current Government only creates Government jobs. Millions more Government jobs will ultimately be a massive net loss for American Tax Payers. The Private Sector is in a hiring freeze or is laying off workers. I don't care how this White House tries to spin the numbers. Their numbers just don't add up.

School teachers.
Highway workers and engineers, etc.
Bus drivers
Garbage collectors
Military and their contractors.
Military and government suppliers.
Grant recipeints.
Fire
Police
EPA
and on and on.

Most govt projects are a waste of money and can't sustain themselves without govt's assistance because if people naturally wanted those then the fees those things charge would be enough to keep them going.

This current Government only creates Government jobs. Millions more Government jobs will ultimately be a massive net loss for American Tax Payers. The Private Sector is in a hiring freeze or is laying off workers. I don't care how this White House tries to spin the numbers. Their numbers just don't add up.

So the govt does not indirectly create jobs for Nrothrup-Grumman by buying their products and services?

Or for an asphalt plant or gravel quarry for road building/repair materials?

See:

You've exposed one of the major problems of the far right. Their inability to say what they mean.

See:

You've exposed one of the major problems of the far right. Their inability to say what they mean.

the far right just parrots what their pundit leaders say.
Understanding what they say is not required or encouraged.

In all fairness some on the left are this way as well. But the left is far less together on their views that the right is.

Last edited:

See:

I did not say the govt creates wealth, although it does for some. The military industrial complex for example. And the approx 6 million individuals it employees either directly or indirectly.
Govt spending also boosts GDP. For whatever that is worth....

But it DOES create jobs.

I'm not disputing what you said. I agree there is such a thing as a government job and even admit some of the jobs created by government are quite legit and needed.

I'm simply pointing out that government's can't create wealth. Also, fwiw, Government spending does not boost GDP. It's also important to note that that while the government does create jobs, it does so at the expense of private wealth and also private jobs that would otherwise exist. (in some cases that's OK, in most it is not)

See:

the far right just parrots what their pundit leaders say.

Yes they do.
But lets not forget...so does the far left.

Yes the Government does create jobs. I agree with this assesment. Unfortunately they only know how to create Government jobs though. Millions more Government jobs are a Lose/Lose for the American Tax Payer.

Yes the Government does create jobs. I agree with this assesment. Unfortunately they only know how to create Government jobs though. Millions more Government jobs are a Lose/Lose for the American Tax Payer.

so those in the asphalt plant are govt workers/employees?
Or those at Northrop-Grumman?

Yes the Government does create jobs. I agree with this assesment. Unfortunately they only know how to create Government jobs though. Millions more Government jobs are Lose/Lose for the American Tax Payer.
And in order for them to "create" a job for a bureaucrat, a job in the free marketplace has to be destroyed....Hence, no net employment increase.

Politicians love visible beneficiaries and invisible casualties.

Forum List

Back