For those cooking tomorrow...

JenyEliza

Princess of Rhetoric
Nov 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA, USA
What have you forgotten to get at the grocery store?

Me?

Green Bean Casserole shit
Apple Pie shit
Spices for turkey/dressing (poultry seasoning, etc)

I'm going to drag my ass out of this sorry apartment *again* tonight and go get the stuff I forgot last night, cuz I am NOT driving around town tomorrow trying to find a fucking grocery store open (and NO I will not go fight with the idiots at Wally World).

So...what do YOU have to go get?

Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce (canned, thank goodness) sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, apple pie, I hate thanksgiving.....just once I'd like to NOT be the one doing the cooking....

Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce (canned, thank goodness) sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, apple pie, I hate thanksgiving.....just once I'd like to NOT be the one doing the cooking....

You gotta go GET all that shit before tomorrow?

Good fucking luck. The stores around here were near cleaned out last night. I'm not too happy with myself for screwing up the way I did. Dammit.

You gotta go GET all that shit before tomorrow?

Good fucking luck. The stores around here were near cleaned out last night. I'm not too happy with myself for screwing up the way I did. Dammit.

Actually, I already got all that stuff, I still gotta cook the Turkey, green bean casserole, corn, crescent rolls, sweet potatoes, stuffing and mashed potatoes. Started cooking today....

I promised wild rice stuffing at one of the places we're going tomorrow, and guess what I forgot? Duh. But there's a grocery store open at 8 AM tomorrow. I'm lucky!

Nuttin'. I went back today to get stuff that I needed and that they were out of on Monday. Pumpkin pie is done and cooling; oreo parfaits are done. I might set the table tonight. Don't hate me because I'm a freakin' list maker, hate me because I'm beautiful. :D :lol:

I promised wild rice stuffing at one of the places we're going tomorrow, and guess what I forgot? Duh. But there's a grocery store open at 8 AM tomorrow. I'm lucky!

Well, at least I'm in good company! :D

I even had a list. But lists don't help when you forget them at home. :redface:

I HATE when I do that. A few years back we went cordless on the landlines and a wall in the kitchen was left with the phone jack just there. Hmmm, what to do. I bought a chalkboard, painted the frame to pop against the wall and hung it over the phone jack. We use it all the time. I no longer have to remember where I put a list or try and remember exactly what it is that I want to get at the store the next time I'm there. The kids have zero excuse for us running out of something they need too. Just go write it on the chalkboard. Then I can make a list for the store from the chalkboard and stick the list right into my purse. <sigh> I've still walked off without it but less frequently since we got the board.

My wife will be cooking all day tomorrow.

Which will make it very difficult (but not impossible) for her to iron my Thanksgiving shirt.

I'm going to set her alarm for 3:00am to make sure that she gets everything done for me when I wake up at 10:00am.

I HATE when I do that. A few years back we went cordless on the landlines and a wall in the kitchen was left with the phone jack just there. Hmmm, what to do. I bought a chalkboard, painted the frame to pop against the wall and hung it over the phone jack. We use it all the time. I no longer have to remember where I put a list or try and remember exactly what it is that I want to get at the store the next time I'm there. The kids have zero excuse for us running out of something they need too. Just go write it on the chalkboard. Then I can make a list for the store from the chalkboard and stick the list right into my purse. <sigh> I've still walked off without it but less frequently since we got the board.

If anyone could walk away without it, that would be me! :lol:

Good idea though, I might try that. We had a dry-erase board, but those NON-WASHABLE markers turned out not to be such a good idea in a house with little budding muralists.

I had a list. Even took it with me.

Left it in the car and I was too lazy to go get it. I figured how hard was it to remember thanksgiving shit?

Apparently for me, pretty damned hard! :(

The year before last I forgot stuffing shit, cranberry shit, and I think I might have forgotten Cool Whip and/or a pie.

My guest, who is also my babysitter, insisted we make a flying trip to Redmond (only about 100 miles each way, nothing to it) to purchase these things on Thanksgiving Day.

So I cooked, went on a long trip, shopped, came home and cooked some more.

This year, I forgot stuffing shit, cranberries, and undoubtedly numerous other things.

But one of my guests (well, the only guest for tomorrow) is shopping before he comes this way, so he's getting the marshmallows, the pie, a few other things. Rolls in case I don't feel up to making rolls.

Then on Day 2, my family is coming and they will be bringing all THEIR leftovers, and enchiladas, so we'll be gorging.

The year before last I forgot stuffing shit, cranberry shit, and I think I might have forgotten Cool Whip and/or a pie.

My guest, who is also my babysitter, insisted we make a flying trip to Redmond (only about 100 miles each way, nothing to it) to purchase these things on Thanksgiving Day.

So I cooked, went on a long trip, shopped, came home and cooked some more.

This year, I forgot stuffing shit, cranberries, and undoubtedly numerous other things.

But one of my guests (well, the only guest for tomorrow) is shopping before he comes this way, so he's getting the marshmallows, the pie, a few other things. Rolls in case I don't feel up to making rolls.

Then on Day 2, my family is coming and they will be bringing all THEIR leftovers, and enchiladas, so we'll be gorging.

"Stuffing shit" sounds so gay.

Literally.

Forum List

Back