For The Record, It Was The Republicans That Started This Precedent

Because of their blood-lust and savage hatred for Clinton, the Republicans went gunning for blood. They pulled all the stops to get at Clinton. Gnawing and clawing at the law and morals to get at it.

I mean, you had the biggest hypocrite in Newt Gingrich, who was simultaneously publicly condemning Clinton for his affair while in the throws of his own affairs. In fact, multiple Republicans were, at the time, involved in affairs, as we later came to find out, while publicly attacking Clinton.

The Republicans opened the floodgates of this issue of using personal relationships, especially of the sexual nature to attack one's political opponents. This had never been done, to such a degree before. The precedent has been set, and I'm afraid there's no turning back.

Which brings us to Herman Cain, where these same Republicans are now seemingly wanting to forget that precedent and act as if sexual relationships are totally off limits. How does that work?

Yeah American politics are polar, however it started in 1796.

Well, I'm thinking Marilyn Monroe and Mary Jo Kopechne. Both died, both had stories to tell. It's a shame the "machine" sets out to destroy people based on innuendos and unprovable accusations. I'm also thinking that blue dress really did show Clinton lied under oath.

But hey, Herman now has 5 accusers with absolutely nothing but she said, he said evidence. Crucify him!!!!

Seems to me unless or until we get the equivalent of a stained blue dress, all the talk about Cain thus far is accusations. Whereas the dress turned Clinton into a cornered rat, and he himself eventually came clean about Gennifer Flowers.

And on a related note, be sure to let us know when some MSM outlet has the goods on Cain but decides to kill the story instead.

One thing that has changed today is the power of social media on reality. Whatever reality may be. Consider that George W. Bush and Deferment Dick were both draft dodgers, and yet John Kerry, who actually served during Vietnam was crucified by a kind of hatred that is hard to fathom. Figure that out.

Here's another, Hillary Clinton was the devil incarnate during the Clinton administration, but oddly today highly admired my most people of all political persuasions. Like Linda Blair the devil was cast out? Figure that out next.

So what is the point? Maybe the point is the power of media to manage the minds of the weak, and the money behind that media power only wants control no matter how it is gotten. Nor whether anything is truthful so long as it serves their purposes. BS has great power.

"It is just this lack of connection to a concern with truth - this indifference to how things really are - that I regard as of the essence of bullshit." Harry Frankfurt

Last edited:
Because of their blood-lust and savage hatred for Clinton, the Republicans went gunning for blood. They pulled all the stops to get at Clinton. Gnawing and clawing at the law and morals to get at it.

I mean, you had the biggest hypocrite in Newt Gingrich, who was simultaneously publicly condemning Clinton for his affair while in the throws of his own affairs. In fact, multiple Republicans were, at the time, involved in affairs, as we later came to find out, while publicly attacking Clinton.

The Republicans opened the floodgates of this issue of using personal relationships, especially of the sexual nature to attack one's political opponents. This had never been done, to such a degree before. The precedent has been set, and I'm afraid there's no turning back.

Which brings us to Herman Cain, where these same Republicans are now seemingly wanting to forget that precedent and act as if sexual relationships are totally off limits. How does that work?

What in the fuck are you babbling about now, you blathering idiot.

all demoncrats suck and blow. simultaneously. and that's just the way they roll.

Well, I'm thinking Marilyn Monroe and Mary Jo Kopechne. Both died, both had stories to tell. It's a shame the "machine" sets out to destroy people based on innuendos and unprovable accusations. I'm also thinking that blue dress really did show Clinton lied under oath.

But hey, Herman now has 5 accusers with absolutely nothing but she said, he said evidence. Crucify him!!!!

The last woman to surface allegedly has over 60 texts messages between her and Cain.

:cuckoo::cuckoo: Clinton didn't get in trouble for getting BJ's in the Oval office from a young impressionable woman--he got his ASS kicked for lying to a Federal Grand Jury--HUGE DIFFERENCE.

And he was convicted of it, Impeached, and was STILL allowed to remain president and finish out his term! Did the Senate have a democrat majority at that time?? (I really don't know), But how else did he get away with keeping his job?

:cuckoo::cuckoo: Clinton didn't get in trouble for getting BJ's in the Oval office from a young impressionable woman--he got his ASS kicked for lying to a Federal Grand Jury--HUGE DIFFERENCE.

And he was convicted of it, Impeached, and was STILL allowed to remain president and finish out his term! Did the Senate have a democrat majority at that time?? (I really don't know), But how else did he get away with keeping his job?

Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Senate later voted to acquit Clinton on both charges.[87] The Senate refused to meet to hold an impeachment trial before the end of the old term, so the trial was held over until the next Congress. Clinton was represented by Washington law firm Williams & Connolly.[88] The Senate finished a twenty-one-day trial on February 12, 1999, with the vote on both counts falling short of the Constitutional two-thirds majority requirement to convict and remove an officeholder. The final vote was generally along party lines, with no Democrats voting guilty, and only a handful of Republicans voting not guilty.[87]

And liberals don't preach values and morality? Give me a break. Albeit their morality involves the state's moral obligation to make sure everyone say the right things, eat the right foods, use the correct lightbulbs, drive the right cars, purchase health insurance, pay for others' housing, food, clothing, cell phones, utilities, etc.; all in the name of the greater good.

It may not be preaching morality, it is actually more insidious, it is the state imposing morality.

Last edited:
so Clinton set a precedent that perjurers and adulterers are capable of being President. What's the problem?

1857–1860 James Buchanan administration

Daniel Sickles (D-NY) shot and killed the district attorney of the District of Columbia[328] Philip Barton Key II, son of Francis Scott Key, whom Sickles had discovered was having an affair with Sickles's young wife, Teresa. He was tried and acquitted in the first use of the temporary insanity plea. (1859) [329]

1913-1920 Woodrow Wilson Administration
[edit] Executive Branch

* Newport Sex Scandal: Assistant Secretary of the Navy Franklin D. Roosevelt initiated an investigation into allegations of "immoral conduct" (homosexuality) at the Naval base in Newport, Rhode Island. After the report, the investigators themselves were also accused of homosexuality. (1919)

List of federal political scandals in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NOTE: FYI in above page 76 occurrences of (D- and 52 of (R- i.e. like this...
John Ensign (R-NV) the religious conservative resigned his Senate seat on May 3,
Walter R. Tucker III (D-CA) resigned from the House before conviction on charges of
extortion and income tax fraud while he was Mayor of Compton,

So by shear count Democrats outnumbered GOP in scandals, resignations,etc. almost 50% more!

Last edited:
The GOP held a slim majority in both houses of Congress during the last 6 years of Clinton's time in office. I think the repubs went after him for political reasons, but I don't think it ever got as vicious as MarkATL makes it out to be.

Do you really think that using sex and personal relationships to attack political opponents started with Clinton? Are you fucking kidding? Have you ever so much as bumped into a history book?

Post it please. Post a single example anywhere near the level of the Clinton Scandal.

Woodrow Wilson and Edith Bolling, rumors circulated that he was having an affair.

Franklin Roosevelt and his affair with a new social secretary: 22 year old Lucy Mercer. Eleanor threatened with divorce, and he ended his long affair.

And which of these folks committed perjury? That would need to be the case for you to cry hypocrisy since that is what Clinton was impeached for.

Vitter was in fact committing a crime at the time. Not perjury, but arguably something worse.

Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Senate later voted to acquit Clinton on both charges.[87] The Senate refused to meet to hold an impeachment trial before the end of the old term, so the trial was held over until the next Congress. Clinton was represented by Washington law firm Williams & Connolly.[88] The Senate finished a twenty-one-day trial on February 12, 1999, with the vote on both counts falling short of the Constitutional two-thirds majority requirement to convict and remove an officeholder. The final vote was generally along party lines, with no Democrats voting guilty, and only a handful of Republicans voting not guilty.[87]

Thank you for verifying what i didn't know (for sure)....just proves the point that Democrats care about party over country & morals. Here we have Cain, not even the president, and he's unfit to be president because of accusations and a possible affair. I can't figure out how that's so much worse than a president that used his power while in the White House to screw around with whoever he can get! :cuckoo:

Cain is a criminal, not a womanizer.

Pubs spent 92 million dollars for a witchhunt, found a BJ....I was always told a gentleman denies an affair, fot the good of the women. What a pile of gossip and Pubcrappe from a true bunch of hypocritical A-HOLES. Just like toady's BS paralysis of the gov't and country.

.....and then thebrainwashed moron Pub dupe fools.

Once again for the slow and stupid. Clinton as Governor and Clinton as President directly controlled whether the women he went after had jobs. That is criminal behavior UNLESS you are a Democrat right?
What CRIME(s) are those sir?

Again you are a fucking idiot.

Clinton Actually did have an Affair, and there is good evidence he committed Sexual Harassment. Then there is the Lying to us all, and Congress, and committing Perjury. Yet still with all that Clinton was treated rather well. Republicans did not attack him beyond the Very Real Things listed above.

On the Other Hand, Democrats hated Bush, and spewed nothing but hate for 8 years. With out an affair, or Perjury, or Sexual Harassment. They just spewed hate, Opposed everything he did. Obstructed, Filibustered Judicial Appointments, Made movies about Bush Dying, Called him a liar, and Traitor. So if you want the Truth, They started this so called Precedent.

Republicans worked with Clinton, Balanced the Budget, Reformed Welfare. Things were rather Cordial compared to the Bush and Obama years.

It takes balls for you Democrats to now try and blame this new era of Opposing everything your Opposition wants to do when you are in the Minority on Republicans. The Truth is it's only got real bad lately since Bush took office on up through today. Before Bush the Parties worked together better.

Some of it is simply that Clinton was a better leader than them, When it comes to bringing the Country together, and actually getting things done, things people actually want.

Today with the Issues of the Debt, spending, Income Equality, Entitlements, the 2 Sides are very far apart on their Vision of how things should be. It's not going to be easy to compromise when one side thinks we need to stop spending so much, and keep taxes low, and the other thinks we need to spend more to get the economy going.
What evidence sir? Was the evidence submitted in a Court of Law?

And it's absolutely laughable that you're suggesting that the Republicans "worked with" Clinton. They fought him tooth and nail every step of the way. Which brings us to Bush, which was AFTER Clinton...you know...AFTER the Reps spent 8 years attacking and demonizing a good Democratic President.

Snap out of it!

Fry_-snap-out-of-it.jpg

Ah so accusers alone are ok when it comes to Cain but not Clinton? Clinton had several chicks accuse him of harassment, Just like Cain.

Why the double standard?

Why do you think it is laughable to say Republicans worked with Clinton? Despite your attempts to revise history, they did. They balanced the Budget and passed Welfare Reform, all of which would never have happened with out Republicans working with Clinton.

Once Bush was Elected the Democrats never worked with him, subjected him to countless attacks, and tried to block everything he did.

If you can not see the difference there, I can not help you.

Clearly you can't considering you want to try and blame the Current Political Climate on Republicans back during Clinton.\

and you call me Laughable. You are a joke sir.

Do you really think that using sex and personal relationships to attack political opponents started with Clinton? Are you fucking kidding? Have you ever so much as bumped into a history book?

Post it please. Post a single example anywhere near the level of the Clinton Scandal.

Woodrow Wilson and Edith Bolling, rumors circulated that he was having an affair.

Franklin Roosevelt and his affair with a new social secretary: 22 year old Lucy Mercer. Eleanor threatened with divorce, and he ended his long affair.

MarcATL was pwned nine ways to sunday in this thread. He probably doesn't have the courage to come back.

Forum List

Back