For The Record, It Was The Republicans That Started This Precedent

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Because of their blood-lust and savage hatred for Clinton, the Republicans went gunning for blood. They pulled all the stops to get at Clinton. Gnawing and clawing at the law and morals to get at it.

I mean, you had the biggest hypocrite in Newt Gingrich, who was simultaneously publicly condemning Clinton for his affair while in the throws of his own affairs. In fact, multiple Republicans were, at the time, involved in affairs, as we later came to find out, while publicly attacking Clinton.

The Republicans opened the floodgates of this issue of using personal relationships, especially of the sexual nature to attack one's political opponents. This had never been done, to such a degree before. The precedent has been set, and I'm afraid there's no turning back.

Which brings us to Herman Cain, where these same Republicans are now seemingly wanting to forget that precedent and act as if sexual relationships are totally off limits. How does that work?

I have to agree. But then again, I'm not sure it really matters where it started. I think that our current political crisis was always destined to happen. I feel like it's a natural development and that we as a society have to grow through it and over come it so that we will be stronger for it in the long run. Some mistakes are inevitable, but can become the most valuable of lessons.

Because of their blood-lust and savage hatred for Clinton, the Republicans went gunning for blood. They pulled all the stops to get at Clinton. Gnawing and clawing at the law and morals to get at it.

They would have gone after any democratic president who ‘appropriated’ ‘their’ WH.

It was as much their lust for the power and influence of the Imperial Presidency as anything else.

I mean, you had the biggest hypocrite in Newt Gingrich, who was simultaneously publicly condemning Clinton for his affair while in the throws of his own affairs. In fact, multiple Republicans were, at the time, involved in affairs, as we later came to find out, while publicly attacking Clinton.

And which of these folks committed perjury? That would need to be the case for you to cry hypocrisy since that is what Clinton was impeached for.

The Republicans opened the floodgates of this issue of using personal relationships, especially of the sexual nature to attack one's political opponents. This had never been done, to such a degree before. The precedent has been set, and I'm afraid there's no turning back.

Which brings us to Herman Cain, where these same Republicans are now seemingly wanting to forget that precedent and act as if sexual relationships are totally off limits. How does that work?
Google "Politics of Personal Destruction" Marc and then get back to us.

Do you really think that using sex and personal relationships to attack political opponents started with Clinton? Are you fucking kidding? Have you ever so much as bumped into a history book?

Do you really think that using sex and personal relationships to attack political opponents started with Clinton? Are you fucking kidding? Have you ever so much as bumped into a history book?

Post it please. Post a single example anywhere near the level of the Clinton Scandal.

Cain's lawyer as much as said it was consensual and therefore no one's business.
Cons make up their own rules as they go along.

Last edited:
For the record you are full of shit.

This type of behavior and the resulting reactions to it have been going on since the beginning of time. Human beings being human beings. Or did self gratification and loathing just recently get invented?

Sex, lies and deception didn't begin when you were born numbnuts.

Dumb, thread is dumb.

Of course the FACT that Clinton did IN FACT use his office to seduce women that worked for him and then got CAUGHT lying about it has no bearing right?

And if you want to play the " who started what" game". Seems to me Clarence Thomas came first. Or did the Republicans lead that witch hunt too?

Post it please. Post a single example anywhere near the level of the Clinton Scandal.

Are you honestly this ignorant of US History?

:eek:

And which of these folks committed perjury? That would need to be the case for you to cry hypocrisy since that is what Clinton was impeached for.

Are you claiming that impeachment was the only 'attack' that Clinton was subjected to in relation to all the 'women stuff' that came up?

That's a good one, Corky.

Clarence Thomas.

It's been around forever.

The first president, George Washington, set a dizzying standard that few presidents have come close to equalling with the 'Washerwoman Kate Affair.' While the father of the nation was busy fighting the British during the War of Independence he had a congressman procuring for him young women to administer the comforts of love.

Among the congressman's hand picked comforters was Kate, who was not a washerwoman herself, but the washerwoman's daughter.

Washington, says the World's Greatest Sex and Scandal, had a reputation as a serial womanizer. His first lover was an Indian squaw. He went on to have a long affair with the wife of his best friend. During the War of Independence, he took an active inter-est in the daughters of the household wherever he was bil-leted.

Much of this was known at the time and used in the propaganda war. Rumours were spread that Washington had many mistresses, both black and white. Since he had no legitimate children it was even said that Washington was a woman in drag. Washington himself fondly imagined that he might one day start a family if his wife Martha died and he had a new young wife.

And, according to the distinguished historian, Arnold Toynbee, Washington died of pneumonia after catching a chill in the unheated slave huts during a passionate encounter with a black woman.

I wouldn't be too sure that the precedent for all this unpleasentness started a mere 20 years ago. Also not sure it matters, and Clinton did bring it on himself with his numerous alleged affairs.

Hey Mark, you might've overstated the case a little bit too. "Blood lust" and "savage hatred"? Isn't that a bit over the top? Look fellas, I don't think it helps one bit to use this kind of hyperbolic vitriol.

Lewinsky_dress.JPG

Come on guys. What is the point in pointing fingers when its clear that its the medias lust to get ratings that drive these stories to epic size.

Do you seriously think that had the media not covered the Clinton story it would have had the legs it did? Do you really believe Clinton was the first to have sex in the oval office and lie about it? What's different from when Clinton did it as compared to Washington?

MEDIA

Forum List

Back