For The NRA Freedom Means Being Heavily Armed And Scared To Death

List of people who give a shit:

Glad we cleared that up.

Forget it, he's a candy ass who thinks his shit doesn't stink. Like all Progs he knows better than anyone else about everything. Just ask him.
We definitely do know more lol

Of course you do, just ask you.
Yeah that’s the only advice I need on the matter

Advice? I wouldn't bother, you're too stupid.
But how can that be if I know so much?

But what will our schools look like when we are done? What will our schools feel like? Is this where we are to train and nurture a free society, in the midst of assault rifles and bulletproof armor? Those things signify and communicate something quite other than freedom.

They impose an environment of fear, which can be debilitating to our youth, whom we should want to be confident, open, honest and happy. These are not the kinds of things you see in a free society, but a society at war. How bizarre is it that we would willfully take on the trappings of a society at war, while countless nations around the world — embroiled in real, live civil wars — envy our peace?

This is madness, of course. The NRA’s logic dictates that we should make our schools look like war zones to accommodate unfettered gun rights.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...eans-being-heavily-armed-and-scared-to-death/

1940005_10201566424433655_1992569709_n.jpg

i was reading another posters post in this thread where a lib poster was talking about a dropped gun shooting him . ---------------------- Anyway , the thing that is funny to me is that all these ADULT libs are afraid of being shot . I say , just stay out of certain areas of Chicago and other big cities where criminals reign and you ADULT libs will be fine . School kids though are a different matter but thats because Adult and Political libs have engineerd that Schools are Gun Free zones . And Pro Gun people aren't Armed up due to fear as is often claimed . Pro Gun people are Armed up not because of fear but because they are either hunters , target shooters , collectors or they are doing their part to further Americas Second Amendment .-------------- just an observation and comment to no one in particular except this threads title .

Last edited:
But what will our schools look like when we are done? What will our schools feel like? Is this where we are to train and nurture a free society, in the midst of assault rifles and bulletproof armor? Those things signify and communicate something quite other than freedom.

They impose an environment of fear, which can be debilitating to our youth, whom we should want to be confident, open, honest and happy. These are not the kinds of things you see in a free society, but a society at war. How bizarre is it that we would willfully take on the trappings of a society at war, while countless nations around the world — embroiled in real, live civil wars — envy our peace?

This is madness, of course. The NRA’s logic dictates that we should make our schools look like war zones to accommodate unfettered gun rights.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...eans-being-heavily-armed-and-scared-to-death/

Not a pretty site, heavy armed guards. At the same time, tell the children and their families that in an era where mass shootings of innocents largely occur where the shooter has obtained the guns illegally, you are going to enhance the law to make it more difficult to purchase guns legally. You’ve barely moved the needle and have not closed the gap.

Blaming the NRA is not going to make children safer. It’s a multi-step approach.

The only reason leftists dragged the NRA into this is because they don't want to personally attack the millions of supporters they have. Attack the organization that had absolutely nothing to do with the shootings and convince the sheep the NRA is the evil one. In the meantime, hurt them financially like they are doing today. That will help (in their minds) reduce the campaign contributions to the Republican party and candidates.
No one is hurting the NRA financially. The relationship the NRA had with these companies is that the company would offer a small discount to NRA members. Usually the discount is 5 or 10 percent. They do the same for AARP or AAA. This is cosmetic and only good for a short time. Sooner or later some company will want that unserved market share.

It isn't as though anyone was joining the NRA because they REALLY wanted those discounts.
I didn't realize they existed until last week.

Not a pretty site, heavy armed guards. At the same time, tell the children and their families that in an era where mass shootings of innocents largely occur where the shooter has obtained the guns illegally, you are going to enhance the law to make it more difficult to purchase guns legally. You’ve barely moved the needle and have not closed the gap.

Blaming the NRA is not going to make children safer. It’s a multi-step approach.

The only reason leftists dragged the NRA into this is because they don't want to personally attack the millions of supporters they have. Attack the organization that had absolutely nothing to do with the shootings and convince the sheep the NRA is the evil one. In the meantime, hurt them financially like they are doing today. That will help (in their minds) reduce the campaign contributions to the Republican party and candidates.
No one is hurting the NRA financially. The relationship the NRA had with these companies is that the company would offer a small discount to NRA members. Usually the discount is 5 or 10 percent. They do the same for AARP or AAA. This is cosmetic and only good for a short time. Sooner or later some company will want that unserved market share.

It isn't as though anyone was joining the NRA because they REALLY wanted those discounts.
I didn't realize they existed until last week.

Me either.

Forum List

Back