For The Modern GOP, It's A Return To The "White Voter Strategy"

jusat becaise some asshole on puffington post said it, doesnt make it so

So you're in denial of the fact that the GOP are a bunch of race baiters, that is the old guard that still holding sway? They're using race bating to try to block Sotomayor's confirmation as well as to gain opposition to Obama.

i'd say the asshole at the puffington post is the race baiter in this instance

I'm just tired of the racial holier than thou of the Democrats, hell there's just as many openly racist Democrats as there are openly racist Republicans. It seems that racial pandering is ok as long as it's done by the Democrats.

I'm just tired of the racial holier than thou of the Democrats, hell there's just as many openly racist Democrats as there are openly racist Republicans. It seems that racial pandering is ok as long as it's done by the Democrats.

hey! it's called "race baiting" CharlieBass was looking in the mirror when he started this thread.. just wink and nod..

I got a different opinion based from the same facts presented in the article. But I enjoyed his spin, although IMO it wasn't very close to the mark.

The appeal of the anti-Obama agenda has proven to be particularly strong among whites of low and moderate incomes. The Pew Center, tracking evaluations of Obama's job performance, found in a July 30 report that there "has been essentially no shift in opinion among affluent whites [but] among whites with annual family incomes of less than $75,000,

Translation: The middle class doesn't like the direction Obama is taking the country, So Bass thinks they must be racists.

To some extent, it's working. The party's opposition to President Obama's agenda -- particularly his cap-and-trade energy proposal and health care reform plan -- is resonating strongly with disaffected white Democratic voters.

Translation: Moderate Democrats do not like the way Obama is taking this country, so Bass thinks they must be racist.

ABC News polling similarly found in late June that the possible costs to consumers of cap-and-trade legislation "are particularly important to less well-off Americans. Among those making less than $50,000 a year, support for regulating greenhouse gas emissions drops by 17 points (from 75 percent to a still-majority 58 percent) if it raises prices; support if it costs $10 a month is 49 percent; and at $25, just 35 percent."

Translation: Those who have to watch every penny don't care for Obama spending their money like it was his. So Bass thinks they must be racist.

That about sum things up?

The appeal of the anti-Obama agenda has proven to be particularly strong among whites of low and moderate incomes. The Pew Center, tracking evaluations of Obama's job performance, found in a July 30 report that there "has been essentially no shift in opinion among affluent whites [but] among whites with annual family incomes of less than $75,000,

Translation: The middle class doesn't like the direction Obama is taking the country, So Bass thinks they must be racists.

To some extent, it's working. The party's opposition to President Obama's agenda -- particularly his cap-and-trade energy proposal and health care reform plan -- is resonating strongly with disaffected white Democratic voters.

Translation: Moderate Democrats do not like the way Obama is taking this country, so Bass thinks they must be racist.

ABC News polling similarly found in late June that the possible costs to consumers of cap-and-trade legislation "are particularly important to less well-off Americans. Among those making less than $50,000 a year, support for regulating greenhouse gas emissions drops by 17 points (from 75 percent to a still-majority 58 percent) if it raises prices; support if it costs $10 a month is 49 percent; and at $25, just 35 percent."

Translation: Those who have to watch every penny don't care for Obama spending their money like it was his. So Bass thinks they must be racist.

That about sum things up?
you covered that well

Bass hates white people and it could be because his wife left him for a white man. Oh and he was denied welfare... again.

the fact is that most of the Republicans I know happen to be White and most of them are sotto voce racists, too.

They don't hate Blacks, and they will befriend Blacks if they happen to meet some whose opinions are close enough to their own.

FWIW most White Dems I know aren't much different when it comes to how they view minorities.

Forum List

Back