For the liberals

They also want to pretend the sub $2 gas we had when he was inaugurated had been that way all along up and a sign of "better" times.

Their whole fuel prices and unemployment attack line is disingenuous to the umpth degree.

Truly, truly. It's hard to view reality when you're wearing bitter-ass colored glasses.

What's sad is that no matter how many times their nonsense is exposed they are sure to come back with the same tired shit as if yesterday never happened.

Like a really painful version of Groundhog's Day. :(

Why do you lie about unemployment? It went up during Obama's presidency.

The economy shed three quarters of a million jobs in January 2009.

Is it your assertion that that is something that can be turned around into a net positive instantly by an incoming POTUS?

It continued increasing long after January 2009.

The only thing I assert (and can prove) is that it is NOT true that unemployment has steadily declined under Obama.

Why do you lie about unemployment? It went up during Obama's presidency.

Is it your assertion that that is something that can be turned around into a net positive instantly by an incoming POTUS?

No, it's even better. Despite the fact that he was sworn in January 20th, they want to give him full credit for those 750,000 jobs lost.

Again: unemployment is higher TODAY than it was when Obama took office.

Take note also that i haven't blamed anybody for that. I'm just pointing out the fact. And proving that it is not true that Obama has brought down unemployment.

Personally, I believe that the President has only limited impact on unemployment and the economy in general.

They also want to pretend the sub $2 gas we had when he was inaugurated had been that way all along up and a sign of "better" times.

Their whole fuel prices and unemployment attack line is disingenuous to the umpth degree.

Truly, truly. It's hard to view reality when you're wearing bitter-ass colored glasses.

What's sad is that no matter how many times their nonsense is exposed they are sure to come back with the same tired shit as if yesterday never happened.

No, what's sad is that you are every bit as partisan and blind to the facts as those who hate Obama.

A few comments:

1) This is not a list of accomplishments but a list of things President Obama has done. Things listed here include giving a speech, appointing lots of people to newly created government positions, calling on other countries to do this or that, ...

2) Obviously he has done quite a lot of things during the last 3.5 years. Nobody could seriously claim otherwise. The question is how one judges the things he's done; Personally I would say it's too early to judge on many things.

3) Most fundamentally, what this list points to (and it's a criticism that can be levelled at many other Presidents as well) is the fact that President Obama has done way too much, created way too many new agencies, government positions, bureaucratic regulations, and unnecessary legislation.

1.) He's done far more then call on countries to do this or that. He reached an agreement with the Russians to reduce the amount of Nuclear weapons in the world. And working with the Russians and Eastern Europeans, the Obama administration locked down a good amount of loose nuclear material in the region.

2.) To early on some things, true. But others have been working pretty well. As posted above, UE numbers are going down. General Motors and most of the auto industry in this country are thriving. Manufacturing is up. And companies are making profits.

3.) Which flies in the face of actual employment numbers in the public sector. Those jobs have gone away by 600K...so government is actually contracting. The new "regulations" came in lieu of putting people in jail. But heck..most of them..were watered down.

You really have to get your facts straigth. When Obama took office the unemployment rate was under 8%. It climbed steadily to a high of 10% and only has been going down for about a year. It is now slightly HIGHER than when Obama took office.

Job loss:

Aug 2008: -84,000
Sep 2008: -159,000
Oct 2008: -240,000 <---- Market collapse
Nov 2008: -533,000
Dec 2008: -524,000
Jan 2009: -598,000 <---- Obama inaugurated
Feb 2009: -651,000
Mar 2009: -663,000 <---- ARRA (Stimulus) starts
Apr 2009: -539,000
May 2009: -345,000
Jun 2009: -467,000
Jul 2009: -247,000
Aug 2009: -216,000

Typical. President Bush hands off a big steaming pile of crapola to the new Administration and then right on que the pseudo-conned complain that President Obama stinks!

Here we go with the "1%" BS! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You want a translation for that?

Bush helped people WHO WORKED FOR A LIVING.

Obama helps people who THINK THEY ARE ENTITLED TO WHAT OTHER PEOPLE WORK FOR.

And it's pretty much obvious, on display, and disgusting the average American voter, especially the independents.

Why do you think Romney is ahead of Obama with independents in every poll that tracks "likely voters?"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry?

What do you consider work?

Ever met a CEO?

Notice when met with facts a liberal will fall back to his narrow minded sterotypes about "class envy and the rich."

That's because liberals don't want people to find jobs and better themselves they want "fairness."

Of course "fairness" is defined by liberals as taking away all the money and they distributing it "fairly," with, of course, a big slice off the top for their slush funds and vote buying.

Then the American people would get what's left, and that's their idea of "fair."

No wonder they resent it when people become CEOs and prove you don't need the government to do well.

Facts? Oh it's TPS.........Nevermind.

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

No, it's even better. Despite the fact that he was sworn in January 20th, they want to give him full credit for those 750,000 jobs lost.

Take note also that i haven't blamed anybody for that. I'm just pointing out the fact. And proving that it is not true that Obama has brought down unemployment.

Personally, I believe that the President has only limited impact on unemployment and the economy in general.

The economy is no longer lossing half a million jobs per month as it was when President Obama took office. What is true is that during President Obama's first term the job losses stopped and the economy is growing and gaining jobs.

The economy is no longer lossing half a million jobs per month as it was when President Obama took office. What is true is that during President Obama's first term the job losses stopped and the economy is growing and gaining jobs.

No that is not true. Job loss continued. Jan. 09 - 7.8%
It got as high as 10% in Oct. then went down to 9.9 % in Dec,

Right from the Bureau of Labor, brand new release. May 30, 2012

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

It has stayed pretty steady from 09 to just recently, but still the numbers are not good for all he has tried to do.

Last edited:

Actually the rate is now lower then when Obama took over

No that is not true. Job loss continued. Jan. 09 - 7.8%
It got as high as 10% in Oct. then went down to 9.9 % in Dec,

Right from the Bureau of Labor, brand new release. May 30, 2012

It has stayed pretty steady from 09 to just recently, but still the numbers are not good for all he has tried to do.
How nice of you to leave out the years of 2010 2011 and 2012. Why do you have to ignore 3 years to make your stupid point?

Obama’s success rate in winning congressional votes on issues was an unprecedented 96.7% for his first year in office

No shit??? With Dem-Majority in House and Senate?? :lol:

Sorry.
That's as far as I could go

:lol:
what Dem super majority for a year? Kennedy got really sick and then he died, a republican took his spot, scott brown.....

fyi-obama, who i did NOT vote for, did not have a super majority for a year.... that's just 'bull mal' as Strollingbones would say.... :)

And good morning Horty!
Ok, switch "for" for "in"

Dodd-Frank still passed with only 59
:eusa_shhh:

(ya have a nice holiday wknd?)

As for the rest....I see:

Spend
Create new agencies
Create new regulations
Spend

**repeat**

:eusa_shhh:

Except, unlike Bush, Obama's "new agencies and regulations" were funded and actually helpful to those in the lower and middle classes.

Bush's new "regulations and agencies", like the change in overtime rules, prescription drug benefit and department of homeland security..were largely unfunded and favored the 1%.

Funded?

Why such debt, then?
:eusa_eh:

I'm glad that I at least glanced at that list so that I could learn that Obama created more jobs in 2010 than Bush did in 8 year LMAO. The Nazis couldn't make better propaganda.

Obama has been successful in some areas and the mess created by Bush in 8 years will not be fixed over night.

If Obama has a big failing it was his bipartisan support for congress especially with a tea party house that spits on every offer to pass legislation the country need to work it's way out of the ditch it was forced into. I think Obama has learned from this and will be a much better president in his second term.

:eusa_hand:
:cuckoo:

And as far as "spits on every offer to pass legislation the country need to work it's way out of the ditch it was forced into" goes....care to compare the number of unpassed House bills on Reid's desk to the number of unpassed Senate bills on Boehner's????

:lol:

Anyone looked at the number of people on food stamps since Obama took office. The food stamp president has set his legacy. He is just right for the party of government dependency.

Well Boop had you not named this for the liberals I would have peeked in and spewed my tripe earlier. Had you not mentioned this in my thread I would have never found it as I'm not a liberal and it was addressed TOO LIBERALS.

Sadly its too late to check out your link but ill look tomorrow.

The truth is that the unemployment rate went up under Obama's presidency and is still higher today than when he took office. Look at the official government statistics. You really are blind.

Actually the rate is now lower then when Obama took over

No, it's not. It was under 8% in January 2009 and it is above 8% in the last published statistics.

Forum List

Back