"For The First Time In My Adult Life..."

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
You know the rest of Mrs. Obama's statement.

To you RWers, what really is so bad, wrong or Anti-American about her statement?

First put into context her statements. Remember, she's a woman, and she's black. Any of those things are enough and both combined a definite difference in her life and perspective.

Please make your arguments, because quite frankly the ones I've heard so far are nothing but Grade A nonsense.

Thanks.

I guess I could see how a worm would see this as bait.

I'll just wait for my fellow human beings to respond rationally.

*yawn...*

not-this-again.jpg

Old and tired subject.

How long ago did she say this and who really cares today?

I just saw a RWer post a YT of The First Lady saying that in one of their arguments.

So you people like to use it when you want to, but ignore it and bash it when you don't.

How typical of your ilk.

*SMH*
:rolleyes:

I too see this as old news.
I don't like Obama's policies, but I like him.
I have seen Mrs. Obama interviewed several times, and i think she always comes across as a real classy lady.
She always holds her own, and she never stoops, always takes the high ground.
I like the the Obamas, they are a great American family. That is different from the president's policies.

I have seen Mrs. Obama interviewed several times, and i think she always comes across as a real classy lady.
I like the the Obamas, they are a great American family. That is different from the president's policies.
Thank you for your candid and reasonable response sir.

However, I didn't post this to present news. After all, It is old news. I posted it to debate the premise that what she said was any of t hose negative connotations that I listed in the OP.

I'm not sure that has been fully and/or properly debated or resolved on here with any sincerity.

To you RWers, what really is so bad, wrong or Anti-American about her statement?

First put into context her statements. Remember, she's a woman, and she's black. Any of those things are enough and both combined a definite difference in her life and perspective.

Please make your arguments, because quite frankly the ones I've heard so far are nothing but Grade A nonsense.

Thanks.

Instead of blaming the entire American society for her problems she should blame those individuals who actually did discriminate against her. Why do the actions of other Americans that have treated her bad make her not be proud to be an American? I know some people have called me names like fat but I never hated being an American because most people in this society treat fat people that way.

WHO did The First Lady blame for her discriminations? And when? I don't recall her ever doing that?

Thank you for your candid and reasonable response sir.

However, I didn't post this to present news. After all, It is old news. I posted it to debate the premise that what she said was any of t hose negative connotations that I listed in the OP.

I'm not sure that has been fully and/or properly debated or resolved on here with any sincerity.

I am more than willing to overlook her opinion and focus instead on the positive i see in her.
My understanding is she said this awhile ago. Who among us has not said something that we later realized was stupid?

yeah, all of us.

Thanks.

Didn't Michelle recently kill a whale trainer at SeaWorld?

That's right. Here's the story:

Autopsy says SeaWorld trainer died of drowning, traumatic injuries -

WHO did The First Lady blame for her discriminations? And when? I don't recall her ever doing that?

She did not say that but another poster said it which makes me ask why should we hate our an aspect of our identity such as our nation of orgin because of the acts of others. I don't hate my American self because other Americans cut me off and gave me the bird so why should anyone hate any part of themselves because others who share the same aspect treats them badly?

Its a symptom of the problem with people on the left and that is collective thinking. Other Americans are racist therefore, I being an American, must also be just as bad which is why I hate my country.

Last edited:
I am more than willing to overlook her opinion and focus instead on the positive i see in her.
My understanding is she said this awhile ago. Who among us has not said something that we later realized was stupid?

yeah, all of us.
I think we can have a dialogue. Why do you believe that what she said is something that warrants needing to be overlooked?

yeah, all of us.
I think we can have a dialogue. Why do you believe that what she said is something that warrants needing to be overlooked?

Some people actually like themselves and all parts of themselves and don't have to say 'for the first time in my life...'. It implies that she did not like American up until that point. The question is why?

Forum List

Back