For The Deficit Hawks Against Runaway Spending

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
The Current Reagan/Bush/Bush Debt is:

$12,863,374,454,272.40

which means that in a total of 20 years, these three presidents have led to the creation of....

93.22% of the entire national debt.

http://reaganbushdebt.org/

WELL DONE!!! :clap2:

BTW....This doesn't excuse Obama adding to this debt.

$12,863,374,454,272.40

which means that in a total of 20 years, these three presidents have led to the creation of....

ReaganBushDebt.org

Nope...Not a dime's worth of difference.

Ya, but we know where 93.22% of the blame lies.

$12,863,374,454,272.40

ReaganBushDebt.org

Nope...Not a dime's worth of difference.

Ya, but we know where 93.22% of the blame lies.

Right. Partly because the three were in office 20 of the past 22 years of that debt.

I'm not buying their methodology to calculate this.

While the these 3 certainly did add the majority of the debt, the 93% number is damn fishy due to their methodology.

$12,863,374,454,272.40

ReaganBushDebt.org

Of course it does.At least that's what you're trying to say,right? It's not Obama's fault,nothing ever is....:eusa_whistle:

$12,863,374,454,272.40

ReaganBushDebt.org

Of course it does.At least that's what you're trying to say,right? It's not Obama's fault,nothing ever is....:eusa_whistle:

Or, according to the methodology, Clinton's.

It says that under Clinton, 1.5T was added to the debt, but 2.7T in interest was paid off?

The final amount of the senior Bush debt was $4,174,218,594,232.91

The debt was at $5,727,776,738,304.64 on January 19th, 2001, the last business day before George W. Bush took the office of president.

But the debt didn't expand under Clinton?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

It says that under Clinton, 1.5T was added to the debt, but 2.7T in interest was paid off?

And don't forget that all of the money spent, even under Obama, is going to pay off "Bush's Recession", so none of that is Obama's debt.

And it lays all of the fault of the recession solely at the feet of W., which is :cuckoo:. This crap has been building for the last 15 years.

And don't forget that all of the money spent, even under Obama, is going to pay off "Bush's Recession", so none of that is Obama's debt.

And it lays all of the fault of the recession solely at the feet of W., which is :cuckoo:. This crap has been building for the last 15 years.

It's either the beer or that stat that's giving me a massive brain fart right now. Even if 2.7t of interest was paid off, the debt STILL expanded 1.5t when Clinton was in office... so I don't see how he can be absolved of adding to the debt.

Congress is probably more culpable in the growing debt than the Presidents.

It's either the beer or that stat that's giving me a massive brain fart right now. Even if 2.7t of interest was paid off, the debt STILL expanded 1.5t when Clinton was in office... so I don't see how he can be absolved of adding to the debt.

Nah, it's not the beer on this one.

Partisan hack site + partisan hack methodology =/= logic

Yeah my first post was a steaming pile of derp, so I was thinking there was something no clicking in my head on this. This phrase was telling:

Starting in 2003, George W. Bush destroyed the world economy...

Yeah my first post was a steaming pile of derp, so I was thinking there was something no clicking in my head on this. This phrase was telling:

Starting in 2003, George W. Bush destroyed the world economy...

Yeah, cause W went back in time in '03, making Rubin break down the barriers between commercial and investment banking, don'cha know.

And your point is?

Has anyone claimed that government spending isnt a bipartisan effort? Id like to meet that person.

Let's, for the sake of argument, accept your claim that Republicans are responsible for more of the debt. That would, of course, be ignoring that much of the spending has increased automatically because of the "mandatory" spending Johnson and FDR put into effect with their social programs that no one can touch. But let's say that Republicans have most of the blame.

So What? Whether Republicans spent more, or Democrats spent more, what does it matter? The problem is still here. We are spending money we don't have. Blaming a specific party doesn't fix the problem. The problem still exists regardless what party is to blame.

The question isn't who is to blame, but what we are going to do to fix the problem. And we have to fix the problem. And we need to fix it soon or our entire budget will be going toward interest payments and we will be spending $500 for milk every two days.

The political elites are creating a crisis to seize power from the people. Wake up or you may end up be building some useless pyramid.

Forum List

Back