For the converted and unconverted alike

Diuretic

Permanently confused
Apr 26, 2006
South Australia est 1836
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larisa-alexandrovna/our-cold-civil-war_b_67383.html

It's long but it's extremely interesting. I commend it to you. It's not just a Bush Bash (funny, that phrase means something completely different in Australia), it's actually more important than that.

t took me sometime to process the whole MoveOn.org controversy and I finally realized that something truly monumental has happened in our nation. While the coverage of the now world famous MoveOn.org ad has been wall to wall and spun and re-spun from every conceivable political and ethical angle, the most important developments of this whole story have entirely been missed.

In order to understand what has happened, really happened with the advertisement asking if General Petraeus was essentially acting as a Teflon vest for the Bush administration, we must first understand the context and the background.

Propaganda Presidency

The Bush administration has been using media outlets as cutouts for state sponsored propaganda since even before the unelected Bush was appointed to office by a politically motivated Supreme Court decision against the will of the people and the popular vote. The attacks of September 11, 2001 were not the singular, all-transforming event that changed everything. Rather, it was the Supreme Court decision of 2000 that changed everything, a consequence of that single monumental failure to protect the Constitution. It was in a more general way, really, the 2000 election cycle that showed us just how willing the corporate fourth estate bosses were to fabricate a myth of goodness and accomplishment out of a man so ill suited to be anywhere near government, let alone the presidency of the United States.

More at the link of course.

Good post. I wrote something years ago similar that I'll post under writing when I find it (End of Democracy).

The trouble though is the righties will not read this as it is tantamount to the cross being shown to the devil.

I wondered about the hissing noise, not sure if it was disapproval or boiling holy water :D

I do know one thing though. It's not over yet, not by a long chalk and it may not be over if Clinton wins the presidency.

Actually, democracy ended in 1960 when the Democrats stole the election from Richard Nixon.

Forum List

Back