For the 2nd time in my life...

May 11, 1970, s0ns. F-5, right through the middle of the city of Lubbock Texas. I was there, right in the path, on Avenue Q. Hiding under my uncle Johnny's pickup truck with my older half-brother, older sister, younger brother and older cousin Johnny. I was eight.

60 seconds of deafening hell followed by no hearing at all.... Then when hearing returned and all was relatively quiet, we came out.

The carnage and devastation you're seeing today is nothing at all new. I saw body parts. I saw sights unimaginable. I saw destruction, twisted, mangled anything under the sun.

I learned a lesson that day, the only one you can really, rationally take from such an event, and learned it well.

Mankind is insignificant on this planet. Understand that. Apply it.

That is all.

Glad you made it ok, Midnight. That was a horrible experience for any 8-year-old child.
You can't imagine. Human entrails wrapped around barber poles which are driven into brick facades..... Barber pole from blocks away. A severed arm, lying neatly on a porch as though someone put it there. The porch being, all that was left of the building that was just a minute ago, there.

Stop signs sticking out of the side of cars... the car on what was once the roof of a building that was several blocks away originally... A Sinclair gas station sign.... Sticking out of a 12th story window of a bank building. Nearest gas station was at least a mile away. We had just been there....

And yet, we just got back in the pickup and drove out. Yeah it rocked around during the event, but never really left the spot it was in when we bailed and got under it...

The kicker? We drove back to Tahoka to my uncle Johnny's house, where the rest of the family was - about 30 miles south of Lubbock.... The pickup truck bed was full of debris, the truck itself with severe cosmetic damage, no windows, no windshield... big slashes and scratches in the body....

And the fam? Didn't believe us! We were more than a hour late getting back, and my Uncle Johnny thought my older half-brother Billy wrecked the truck, and our "Tornado" story was just a cover! The fact that we all had the same story just further convinced them that Billy had rehearsed us! The butt-whooping we got that night was severe!

Lived through a F-5 tornado, drove through the carnage.... Only to get called a liar, get my butt whupped, and sent to bed without any supper!

It was not a good day overall.

I haven't seen it yet but softball size hail was just reported around me today.

softball-sized-hail.jpg

Good Lord is that real??
I mean, people photo shop shit every day, I have never seen a ball of hail that size in my life.
I'm sorry this is happening, and I hope everyone is weathering these storms without too much destruction.
I know hail can beat the shit out of your car, but better your car, than your life!
Stay safe everyone.

I haven't seen it yet but softball size hail was just reported around me today.

softball-sized-hail.jpg

Good Lord is that real??
I mean, people photo shop shit every day, I have never seen a ball of hail that size in my life.
I'm sorry this is happening, and I hope everyone is weathering these storms without too much destruction.
I know hail can beat the shit out of your car, but better your car, than your life!
Stay safe everyone.

I personally did not see this hail but it was reported on the news. That pic is from a storm last year that made this hole in a roof. Oklahoma City Roofs Damaged by Softball-Sized Hail

hail-through-decking.jpg
full_5919172-2195393.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have enough commercials, QUOTE]

yeah you do

they slow down every page

not to mention hat in hand on top of every page

so why get down on posters talkin' up weather, if it's all in your back pocket?

Try coughing up $15. per year and become a member. Or you could figure out how to use that thing in front of you called a computer and filter them out. Or can't you give up that one 12-pack per year long enough to do either?

This software wasn't miracled onto this site. It costs money.

But thanks for opening your flap and proving you're a fool instead of having people wonder about it.

Hey, Gunny, for 5 cents I'll give you a post you can post whenever you are here and then you will be able to stop thinking so hard.

You suck. Obama sucks. Fuck off!

Heck, you can have it for free.

Hey Ravi ... you're STILL an idiot. For free I'll point out the only person you expressed concern about in this thread is one of your leftwing, cackling hen cronies in your biddy committee.

Grow up and fuck off.

yeah you do

I haven't seen an advert online since at least 2003. Are you daft?

Just computer illiterate.
Total lack of self reliance. Bitch and moan to others about a problem instead of grabbing the bull by the horns and fixing it himself. He's a sheeple.:lol:

Hey, Gunny, for 5 cents I'll give you a post you can post whenever you are here and then you will be able to stop thinking so hard.

You suck. Obama sucks. Fuck off!
Heck, you can have it for free.

Hey Ravi ... you're STILL an idiot. For free I'll point out the only person you expressed concern about in this thread is one of your leftwing, cackling hen cronies in your biddy committee.

Grow up and fuck off.
That's what you think....you have no idea what I say to people via PM.

boo hoo, Gunny, boo hoo

I don't have enough commercials, QUOTE]

yeah you do

Try coughing up $15. per year and become a member. Or you could figure out how to use that thing in front of you called a computer and filter them out. Or can't you give up that one 12-pack per year long enough to do either?

But thanks for opening your flap and proving you're a fool instead of having people wonder about it.

I coughed up far more than that last year, Gunny.

I still have plenty of advertisements on my page.

Why?

there it is..

Damn, what a storm!
It's amazing isn't it....how people know it's a killer storm, and yet, so many will pull over to take pictures and stuff. Myself included I'm sure!
I would prolly risk it to try and get a couple of photos. While the storm is a nasty one, it also has a certain 'beauty' to it, they are remarkable to look at, and view pictures of.
You got a great shot there, and thank goodness you were not hurt.

Why?
Profits. This site is capitalistic, not communistic.

Why?

Because you are as old as I am or older and barely computer literate?:confused:

Try googling add-blockers, or PM midnight marauder. I do not handle the technical end of this site, nor the advertising. Not my call, and you are smart enough to know why the adds are there.

Forum List

Back