For the 2nd time in my life...

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
I watched a tornado go by...and man did we get hail...

Attachments

• $PIC_0133.JPG
    $PIC_0133.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 69
Man this could get crappy - the tornado is headed straight for Columbus IN...about 30,000 people there.

I don't have enough commercials, QUOTE]

yeah you do

they slow down every page

not to mention hat in hand on top of every page

so why get down on posters talkin' up weather, if it's all in your back pocket?

Hey, Gunny, for 5 cents I'll give you a post you can post whenever you are here and then you will be able to stop thinking so hard.

You suck. Obama sucks. Fuck off!

Heck, you can have it for free.

May 11, 1970, s0ns. F-5, right through the middle of the city of Lubbock Texas. I was there, right in the path, on Avenue Q. Hiding under my uncle Johnny's pickup truck with my older half-brother, older sister, younger brother and older cousin Johnny. I was eight.

60 seconds of deafening hell followed by no hearing at all.... Then when hearing returned and all was relatively quiet, we came out.

The carnage and devastation you're seeing today is nothing at all new. I saw body parts. I saw sights unimaginable. I saw destruction, twisted, mangled anything under the sun.

I learned a lesson that day, the only one you can really, rationally take from such an event, and learned it well.

Mankind is insignificant on this planet. Understand that. Apply it.

That is all.

May 11, 1970, s0ns. F-5, right through the middle of the city of Lubbock Texas. I was there, right in the path, on Avenue Q. Hiding under my uncle Johnny's pickup truck with my older half-brother, older sister, younger brother and older cousin Johnny. I was eight.

60 seconds of deafening hell followed by no hearing at all.... Then when hearing returned and all was relatively quiet, we came out.

The carnage and devastation you're seeing today is nothing at all new. I saw body parts. I saw sights unimaginable. I saw destruction, twisted, mangled anything under the sun.

I learned a lesson that day, the only one you can really, rationally take from such an event, and learned it well.

Mankind is insignificant on this planet. Understand that. Apply it.

That is all.

Glad you made it ok, Midnight. That was a horrible experience for any 8-year-old child.

Shit...we got injuries...missing people already.
The Mpls area got tennisball size hail last Friday with the storms that got REAL bad on Sunday. The damage along I 94 is pretty spectacular. Very lucky it was shut down at that time for spring maintenance. If it had been open, the area it hit would have caused more than just 1 death. It's not as bad as Joplin, but makes you go... wow. I only saw the wall cloud from that storm. Yikes.

We had tornado warnings for about an hour. Big wind and a heavy downpour. Everyone was out on their front porches looking to the west for the rolling dark cloud.

The wind was pretty bad for about 10 minutes.

Forum List

Back