CDZ For the 100th time, yes, you ARE coming after our guns.

Check with the police or the courts? Cruz had no record with the police or the courts. In fact, can you name one mass shooter who did?
If you're expecting anything that will prevent all mass shooting or any other type of violence you're dreaming. We have laws against speeding but it still happens. Gun control laws will give police the authority to act when they find someone in possession of weapons they are not allowed.

You didn't answer the other questions I see.
Their answers are the same, if a court psychiatrist rules you incompetent or decides you are irresponsible or a potential danger to yourself or others then no guns for you. Do you disagree?

the point is that these laws you and others propose won't stop anything at all. It only restricts the rights of the innocent. What happens after the next shooting? And the next , and the next?
In none of my examples is the subject 'innocent'. They have gotten into the legal or mental health systems prior to losing their gun rights.

Gun control laws will give police the authority to act when they find someone in possession of weapons they are not allowed.

We already have all the laws we need to do this.....all the new laws you are proposing only block normal people from buying, owning and carrying guns legally......

There is not one new law that has been proposed that will do anything to stop criminals or mass shooters.....all of them are simply geared to make it harder, and more legally dangerous for normal people to own a gun.

Check with the police or the courts? Cruz had no record with the police or the courts. In fact, can you name one mass shooter who did?
If you're expecting anything that will prevent all mass shooting or any other type of violence you're dreaming. We have laws against speeding but it still happens. Gun control laws will give police the authority to act when they find someone in possession of weapons they are not allowed.

You didn't answer the other questions I see.
Their answers are the same, if a court psychiatrist rules you incompetent or decides you are irresponsible or a potential danger to yourself or others then no guns for you. Do you disagree?

the point is that these laws you and others propose won't stop anything at all. It only restricts the rights of the innocent. What happens after the next shooting? And the next , and the next?
In none of my examples is the subject 'innocent'. They have gotten into the legal or mental health systems prior to losing their gun rights.

They already did this in Georgia ....with the teacher who locked himself in his classroom and then fired a gun....he was arrested 2 years ago....for setting his own car on fire, he had all his guns taken...he was put into a mental hospital.....and still got an illegal gun, since he couldn't legally own one....and went into a democrat, gun free school zone....

They had all the laws already to take guns away from this guy and to keep him from getting new guns......

The only thing that we need....get rid of democrat, gun free school zones so we can protect the kids from democrats like this teacher...

For the 100th time, the big WE are not coming after your guns.
immutable-truth-head-up-ass-buried-rectal-cranial-inversion-politics-1314793503.jpg

Conversations I've had with leftists over the past week. I know responders A and C, I do not know responder B.

Conversation originated with Rick Santorum saying that lack of a father is part of the problem. Here's a link to the article. Rick Santorum blames school shootings on homes with single moms

Me: He's correct, lack of a father IS a problem. The vast majority of mass shooters come from broken homes. The article tries to swipe this aside in the case of Cruz because his father died, rather than he came from a broken home. Intentionally missing the point, aren't they? Ricky completely and totally paints himself a moron when he says 'single mothers are breeding more criminals'. Dude, seriously?? If he meant that the majority of criminals come from fatherless and/or broken homes, then he should have said that or kept his mouth shut. Until we open our eyes to the problemS that are causing kids/young men to commit such horrific and unimaginable actions and do something to address those problems, nothing will change. It's a multi-pronged problem, decades in the making and it will not be fixed over night.

Responder A: Well, guns . . . they all have guns in common. Plus, most of them are white males.

Me (refusing to take the bait): An awful lot of them were on some kind of pharmaceutical as well. I'm sure there are more commonalities in these people. Spotting those risks when they are young and getting them help, rather then letting them fall through the cracks, is paramount in putting an end to these shootings, imo.

Responder B: I'm so glad you have this all figured out. Broken homes and pharmaceuticals? Maybe you should have our former POTUS know that "broken homes" breed mass shooters.

Me: So you don't think looking for common things among these shooters is a place to start? I never said broken homes breed mass shooters. Boys are dx'd with add all the time, parents are advised to put them on meds (pharmaceuticals). Might the meds be a contributing factor? The Florida shooter was adopted. I wonder do genetics contribute something to their behavior. I don't have anything figured out just opening up some conversation, sharing ideas, asking questions. I thought this would be something both sides could agree on (discussing the "why"). Perhaps I was mistaken.

Responder B: Clearly the commonality is unfettered access to firearms which no teen should have! Automatic weapons belong only in the trained hands of soldiers. YOU stated the vast majority of mass shooters come from broken homes - which btw, is an insulting term. The Columbine shooters did not and that was just the first one I looked up. Do you have facts to back up this statment? Mental health issues have always plagued us, its nothing new, and combining them with automatic weapons is a deadly combination. Santorum is a moron and to agree with him that family structure is playing part of this horrendous trend misses the real root of the problem.

Me: Automatic weapons were banned in 1934 and tightened up again in 1986. If they are being used by everyday people they are being obtained illegally. Yes, the majority of mass shooters come from broken homes (not the same as broken homes breed mass shooters). Absentee fathers can have devastating effects on at risk boys. https://ifstudies.org/.../school-shootings-fathers... I said majority, not all, shooters came from broken homes. Mental health issues have always plagued us. So what's different now? Why are these people committing such horrific acts now? That people believe ONLY guns are the problem is part of the problem. If guns are the only problem, why didn't we have these school shootings 30, 40 years ago? Boys would go to school and had gun racks on their trucks with their rifles on board so they could go hunting after school. How is banning the AR-15 (AR stands for Armalite Rifle for the company that originated the design. It doesn't stand for automatic rifle or assault rifle) going to stop school shootings? When the shooter chooses another rifle or gun, will banning that stop them? School shootings are a multi-pronged problem that require more than one solution.

Responder B: Yeah, that's a reliable news source. *Note: I didn't reply to responder B because of their glaring idiocy.

Responder C: Over a seven year period, the longest my husband was in the house with us was twenty-four days in a row. Phone contact was severely limited. Our four sons were not in a "broken home". We need to end the easy access to weapons.

Me: Your husband being away a lot isn't remotely the same as being an absentee father, not sure how you're equating the two. From what I can tell he's an extremely strong father and role model, in or out of the home.

Responder C: The conversation needs to be about the guns. Not how many parents are in the home, not if someone was adopted, not who is on which meds...it is simply about the guns. *Note: refused to entertain the idea that the problem could possibly be about anything other than guns.

Responder A: The average citizen surely doesn't need to own an excess of guns. I don't know what number is,an excess but I'm thinking more than 6 is getting there. The Vegas shooter was able to purchase over 30 weapons in a 12-month period. All legally. There is no federal limit on the number of guns an individual may purchase. Each state, I think, varies on their rules. I guess that's what I don't understand. What is the need for tactical weapons in the average persons hand and why do you NEED so many?

Me: It isn't about needs, it's about rights. The Constitution gives us the right to bear arms; they didn't put a limit on them. Let's say 6 is the number of guns that a person can legally purchase - would that have stopped the Florida shooting? Would it have stopped any of them? It just seems to me that there are a lot of factors with these loons that lead them to think shooting up a school is somehow okay. These people didn't just wake up one day and because they had a gun they decided to go on a spree. They planned it. That tells me that something(s) were terribly wrong way before the first shot was fired and addressing/catching it /helping them THEN will go a long way in preventing further school shootings. The Florida shooter had a TON of red flags that were ignored. Just a month prior, the police (or FBI, not sure which) were contacted. The caller knew the shooter and feared something like this would happen.

Responder A: I guess I am more of a collective rights kind of gal who believes, at least for the time being, we don't need to form a well regulated militia and would like to see some sort of action for the greater good and safety of our society. But when that uprising comes, I will be ill- prepared with nothing but my personal beliefs and a hope for a peaceful society that isn't trying to slowly slaughter each other. We shall agree to disagree and I will do all I can within MY constitutional right to keep my kids alive. *Note: 'collective rights kind of gal'. "Collective rights", meaning 'group rights'. A group can not possess a right, only individuals can. Assigning a group a "right" means that only those in that group may possess that right, if you're not in that group you do not possess that right. What kind of idiotic thinking is this?

* Note: NONE of them could answer how limiting guns would fix the problem. NONE of them even acknowledged that there is even a possibility that something other than guns is the problem. Responder C summed it up by saying "it is simply about the guns". They refuse to entertain any other possibility. Why? Because it blows their "zomg, GUNS are the problem!!" theory to pieces.

Please do continue to tell us that the left isn't about getting rid of guns. Go ahead, make my day.

For the 100th time, the big WE are not coming after your guns.

No....the Big Democrats are coming for our guns....at every level of the democrat party....from their minions at the CNN townhall, to their anti gun minions in the news agencies, to the anti gun politicians at local, state and federal levels of power......

To date, how many guns have you people been forced to give up?

Irrelevant. Please pay attention.
To date, how many guns have you people been forced to give up?
To date, it is the 2nd amendment that keeps fuckers like you from taking our guns away....

Cliven Bundy to sheriffs: ‘Disarm’ the Bureau of Land Management
“They’re overpowering us with guns, and this is a prime example. They’re ruling with unlimited power over we the people, and we the people, we can’t stand it no longer. We’ve got to do something. So this seems to be sort of a mandate for we the people.”
It took an united effort of Armed Citizens to put Harry Reid's BLM back in their place because of the BLM's overreach in protecting Harry and his heavy metals deal with China. Oh you forgot that Harry Reid was colluding with China?..

Harry Reid to Make Federal Land Grab Near Bundy Ranch - Truth And Action

Last edited:
Yes...they are coming for the guns......they are now more open than ever before..

Alabama lawmaker proposes ban on semiautomatic gun sales

Rep. Mary Moore, D-Birmingham, introduced a bill today that she said was intended to ban the sales of all semiautomatic guns, both rifles and pistols.

When that bill dies, the left will claim that since it wasn’t actually a Law, that means no one wants to take our guns.

Perhaps you don’t know it. Perhaps you haven’t though it through and perhaps you do know it and are being dishonest, but the fact is that you are coming after our guns.

Just because they aren’t at my door today doesn’t mean they won’t be later.

Just because none of the laws being proposed now take away my guns, that doesn’t mean they won’t later.

There are two ways you can take away my guns. The first is an outright ban and confiscation, the second is to legislate my guns into useless paperweights. It’s the latter that is the most likely.

Take for example the current efforts. Ostensively they are designed to stop school shootings. A 3 day waiting period to buy a rifle, a ban on “assault” weapons, and raising the age to buy a rifle to 21.

In the rush to DO SOMETHING, they have really done nothing. Except infringe on our rights.

Most, if not all school shootings are planned out, likely over a lot more than 3 days. Kids can get their hands on the guns of others and in fact they have. Assault weapons are not the only weapons that can be used in these shootings and are in fact no worse than any other guns. 17 or more people can be killed by pistols, or a pump shotgun or even a bolt action rifle. The kid that shot up Virginia Tech killed almost twice the number of people Cruz killed, and did it with two pistols. As for raising the age to buy a gun to 21, a killer can get a gun from others.

The point being that these laws will not stop the killings. And when, not if, the next killing happens, what then? More laws. Those laws also will not work and then the next killing after that happens, then more laws. Finally, guns, if not confiscated, will be rendered useless.

So, just stop with the “no one is coming after your guns” nonsense.
The fact is how this is to be done is law by law and change the just a little bit each time until they gain the goal of taking the guns off the market and out of the closet. This is how it is done the in the USA. The ammo has been also the point but they found it out before it when to far and was tested

Perhaps you don’t know it. Perhaps you haven’t though it through and perhaps you do know it and are being dishonest, but the fact is that you are coming after our guns.

Just because none of the laws being proposed now take away my guns, that doesn’t mean they won’t later.

There are two ways you can take away my guns. The first is an outright ban and confiscation, the second is to legislate my guns into useless paperweights. It’s the latter that is the most likely.

Take for example the current efforts. Ostensively they are designed to stop school shootings. A 3 day waiting period to buy a rifle, a ban on “assault” weapons, and raising the age to buy a rifle to 21.

In the rush to DO SOMETHING, they have really done nothing. Except infringe on our rights.

Most, if not all school shootings are planned out, likely over a lot more than 3 days. Kids can get their hands on the guns of others and in fact they have. Assault weapons are not the only weapons that can be used in these shootings and are in fact no worse than any other guns. 17 or more people can be killed by pistols, or a pump shotgun or even a bolt action rifle. The kid that shot up Virginia Tech killed almost twice the number of people Cruz killed, and did it with two pistols. As for raising the age to buy a gun to 21, a killer can get a gun from others.

The point being that these laws will not stop the killings. And when, not if, the next killing happens, what then? More laws. Those laws also will not work and then the next killing after that happens, then more laws. Finally, guns, if not confiscated, will be rendered useless.

The fact is how this is to be done is law by law and change the just a little bit each time until they gain the goal of taking the guns off the market and out of the closet. This is how it is done the in the USA. The ammo has been also the point but they found it out before it when to far and was tested

Exactly.....in this column he chronicles the step by step attack on smokers......and shows how the left will do this to anyone who stands againt them...

Derek Hunter - Do Not Give An Inch On The Second Amendment

There is no compromise with someone who doesn’t want you to exist, there is only incrementally losing ground until you no longer exist. A right diminished will never return, government does not cede back power once seized.

The NRA is right to hold its ground, it’s why the organization exists in the first place. Liberals are not honest brokers when it comes to the issue of guns, and neither is the media. Trying to appease leftists never works because nothing short of everything they want is ever enough for them.

If people who support the Second Amendment start to compromise with liberals whose ultimate goal is to strip everyone of their right to defend themselves, it won’t be too long before they’re out on the street in the rain with the smokers. Never give them an inch.

It’s the Death by 1000 Paper Cuts.

Yep!

Just like in the Obama days when they came around and took all our guns.

Obama didn't have the option to do that, so it's irrelevant.

What would be an argument would be if Obama turned down the option of going for the guns. Hint. He didn't ...

Democrats are never honest about what their real intentions are

Forum List

Back