For R&B, blues, soul, funk and easy listening.

I love Steely Dan's Aja album. SUCH smooth, easy listening jazz rock. I like pretty much all of their music and love Donald Fagen's solo album, The Nightfly. Just wonderful stuff.

I think Fagen and Becker were jazz geniuses the way they put songs together. A totally original style and rarely did two songs sound the same.

I love Steely Dan's Aja album. SUCH smooth, easy listening jazz rock. I like pretty much all of their music and love Donald Fagen's solo album, The Nightfly. Just wonderful stuff.

Walter was a good guitar player but an amazing bass player, then
Steve Gadd , Tom Scott, Lee Ritenour and Larry Carlton among others made it a super group.
Gadd's drums at the end of Aja are sick....and I believe he walked in late and laid the whole thing down in one take.

Walter was a good guitar player but an amazing bass player, then
Steve Gadd , Tom Scott, Lee Ritenour and Larry Carlton among others made it a super group.
Gadd's drums at the end of Aja are sick....and I believe he walked in late and laid the whole thing down in one take.

That was quite the all-star team!

Forum List

Back