For PR and All...Send A CHRISTMAS Card To the ACLU

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
:laugh:

http://www.crosswalk.com/news/weblogs/kmc/?cal=go&adate=11/30/2005

THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS: MUSCLEHEADS FIGHT BACK!

1:40pm EST
WAR ON CHRISTMAS: MUSCLEHEADS FIGHT BACK: With kindness of all things...

We are excited to be launching the opportunity today...between now and Christmas we are asking you to send the ACLU direct "MerryChristmas" cards.

And we aren't talking about these generic "happy holiday" (meaning nothing) type of cards...

Go get as "Christmas" a Christmas card as you can find... something that says.. "Joy To The World", "For Unto Us A Child Is Born", but at least "Merry Christmas", put some of your own thoughts into it, sign it respectfully and zip it off in the mail to

ACLU
"Wishing You Merry Christmas"
125 Broad Street
18th Floor
New York, NY 10004

On a side note we are developing an E-Card that you will also be able to send. BUT there will be no effect like actually sending a physical card to the office. MuscleHead guidelines apply - please be kind, even cheerful in sending the card. Trust me - kindness will produce more smoke out of their ears than anything untoward you could think of anyway...

UPDATE 12/2: If you are finding this blog entry via a permalink you may miss the continuing coverage of the growing number of blogs in the fight. CLICK HERE for full access to the on-going story. If you are a blog helping get out the word, consider also publishing an e-blast to your own list. Whether you point them to your own posts about the matter or whether you bring them here doesn't matter - the point is we just need as many people as possible to be sending cards. You can also officially join the "Merry Christmas ACLU Network" by clicking here.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Everyone who sends these idiots a "Christmas" card will be included on a ACLU 'Class Action' hate crime law suit...me thinks I will pass..I have nothing nice to say about them! :bangheads

archangel said:
Everyone who sends these idiots a "Christmas" card will be included on a ACLU 'Class Action' hate crime law suit...me thinks I will pass..I have nothing nice to say about them! :bangheads

I doubt it. Turning this into a "hate crime" would make them look worse than they already do. And if they did, the people that they were suing could turn around and COUNTER SUE them in their own class action suit. That actually sounds good! There could be a lot of money behind that, and that just might put them out of business... maybe I'll send them a couple HUNDRED "Merry Christmas" cards... :teeth:

Pale Rider said:
I doubt it. Turning this into a "hate crime" would make them look worse than they already do. And if they did, the people that they were suing could turn around and COUNTER SUE them in their own class action suit. That actually sounds good! There could be a lot of money behind that, and that just might put them out of business... maybe I'll send them a couple HUNDRED "Merry Christmas" cards... :teeth:

I just sent them one, nicely worded. Nice picture of the Holy Family. :D

Pale Rider said:

also I would not waste a good card or the 37cents on them... :rotflmao:

side note: It's a really nice jesture...however it would be like sending cards to the 'Kremlin' during winter...they would just feed the fire place!

Kathianne said:
I just sent them one, nicely worded. Nice picture of the Holy Family. :D

I have a lot of running around to do tomorrow. I think I'll stop somewhere, aaahh... somewhere where I see a "Merry Christmas" sign that is, and buy a couple boxes of "Christmas" cards. This sounds like fun.

Pale Rider said:
I have a lot of running around to do tomorrow. I think I'll stop somewhere, aaahh... somewhere where I see a "Merry Christmas" sign that is, and buy a couple boxes of "Christmas" cards. This sounds like fun.

I'm trying a suggestion I saw at some site, rather than going to the 'mall' I'm starting in my own town's 'downtown' area, that are sole owners-I've already found some nice things I could never find 'online' and the price was right, and they all have Christmas signs and decorations! Oh horrors, even nativity displays!

Kathianne said:
I'm trying a suggestion I saw at some site, rather than going to the 'mall' I'm starting in my own town's 'downtown' area, that are sole owners-I've already found some nice things I could never find 'online' and the price was right, and they all have Christmas signs and decorations! Oh horrors, even nativity displays!

What a lovely sight you've just described. Sounds just like, well... what Christmas "USED" to be like... :rolleyes:

I never go near the mall here. I always shop the small shops and stores. The only reason I ever went to the mall was to go to Sears for a tool, and then I parked directly outside of Sears. Won't do that anymore either though seeing they're one of the "happy holiday" crowd. Was just trying to save a little money, but really don't need to go there for tools. Not when the Snapon, Matco, and Mac tools guys stop at the shop with their tool trucks every week.

Pale Rider said:
What a lovely sight you've just described. Sounds just like, well... what Christmas "USED" to be like... :rolleyes:

I never go near the mall here. I always shop the small shops and stores. The only reason I ever went to the mall was to go to Sears for a tool, and then I parked directly outside of Sears. Won't do that anymore either though seeing they're one of the "happy holiday" crowd. Was just trying to save a little money, but really don't need to go there for tools. Not when the Snapon, Matco, and Mac tools guys stop at the shop with their tool trucks every week.

Well let's hope it catches on! It will support the owners, their employees, and bring in tax $$ too. We all win!

Forum List

Back