For Obama Supporters

Poor Obama. Can't get anything done.

huh? Hes gotten plenty done. His work and decisions have directly effected me and my family, I support the space program and have seen Obama successfully introduce the private sector to the range.

would you like to know more?

Last edited:
whenever a republican problem is pointed out it is deflected back to the left.
Whenever a democrat problem is pointed out it is deflected back to the right.
Rarely are the actual topic discussed between opposing parties.

The right blocks the left, and the left blocks the right. Rare is it anyone works with anyone anymore or see's eye to eye on an issue. Thus why congress is below 10% approval, And yet they dont give a shit, and you people keep voting the same morons in everytime.

I hadn't gotten the idea that you had finally dumped the Democratic Party. I thought for sure that you were still one of the ones that would vote Obama and whatever Democrat appeared on your ticket come hell or high water.

So, are you really not planning on voting for the same morons this time around?

Immie

sigh these stupid questions are getting old. I didnt vote for Obama last time nor will i this time. Neither party holds my set of values. Its actually insulting this is the best you people can offer.

Do Obama supporters really want 4 more years of high unemployment, record deficits, high energy prices and constant uncertainty about the future?

yes. less you forget the mess we had pryor to Obama, losing 800k jobs a month. Does that ring a bell? The problem is while you an yell and scream about President Obama all day long, fact is you cant sit here and point out any Republican who has done a better job in the past 30 years.

Obama has little control over energy market that bows at the alter of speculation and hyperbole, we all lose in the energy market.

there is always uncertainty for the future, Obama has little to do with this fact.

I'm of the opinion that all the Republican presidents of the last 30 years have done a better job than Obama has done.

If Obama had an energy policy that included oil exploration and increasing our energy supply then the speculators would be driving prices down.

Obama has created economic uncertainty. Businesses has no sense of what tomorrow might bring as far as tax rates and regulations might be and therefore are holding back.

oh good you are ignorant.

yes. less you forget the mess we had pryor to Obama, losing 800k jobs a month. Does that ring a bell? The problem is while you an yell and scream about President Obama all day long, fact is you cant sit here and point out any Republican who has done a better job in the past 30 years.

Obama has little control over energy market that bows at the alter of speculation and hyperbole, we all lose in the energy market.

there is always uncertainty for the future, Obama has little to do with this fact.

I'm of the opinion that all the Republican presidents of the last 30 years have done a better job than Obama has done.

If Obama had an energy policy that included oil exploration and increasing our energy supply then the speculators would be driving prices down.

Obama has created economic uncertainty. Businesses has no sense of what tomorrow might bring as far as tax rates and regulations might be and therefore are holding back.

Do you have anything to add to the thread or can we just expect you to continue as a troll?

Do you have anything to add to the thread or can we just expect you to continue as a troll?

My first post in this moronic thread. something i noticed you avoided.

You do realize oil production in America is up and imports are down 10% correct? Private drilling is up. ( you know that little thing of keeping government out of business meme you morons love to tout.)

yeah you get marked down in the " internet trash column".

You do realize oil production in America is up and imports are down 10% correct? Private drilling is up. ( you know that little thing of keeping government out of business meme you morons love to tout.)

Your first post in this thread also had nothing to do with the OP topic. Would you please tell us how Obama's policies have increased drilling on private land? The increase in private drilling is in spite of Obama policies. not because of them. Obama's plan was to stop U.S. exploration in the Gulf and then borrow money from China to loan to Brazil so that THEY could expand oil exploration and we could become one of their best customers. His plan was to pay back his campaign bundlers with taxpayer loans so that they could bankrupt "green energy" companies.

If in the unlikely event Obama were to be re-elected, how do you think that would change? The House will be held by the Republicans and the Senate may go Republican as well. Can any of you really want 4 more years of this economy?

Are you trying to convince Obama supporters not to vote for their local Republican House and Senate candidates?

I guess I can concur. Let's hope for a House than can break into a double digit approval rating.

If in the unlikely event Obama were to be re-elected, how do you think that would change? The House will be held by the Republicans and the Senate may go Republican as well. Can any of you really want 4 more years of this economy?

Are you trying to convince Obama supporters not to vote for their local Republican House and Senate candidates?

I guess I can concur. Let's hope for a House than can break into a double digit approval rating.

No.. What I was trying to do was find out what liberals thought would change if Obama were re-elected. I can't see a path forward with the situation staying the same and wondered what people like you saw that would convince you to keep Obama in office.

Your first post in this thread also had nothing to do with the OP topic. Would you please tell us how Obama's policies have increased drilling on private land? The increase in private drilling is in spite of Obama policies. not because of them. Obama's plan was to stop U.S. exploration in the Gulf and then borrow money from China to loan to Brazil so that THEY could expand oil exploration and we could become one of their best customers. His plan was to pay back his campaign bundlers with taxpayer loans so that they could bankrupt "green energy" companies.

oh please link to this gold....

stop drilling in the gulf...hahahahahhhaaha thats awesome

oh no my first post had plenty to do with your OP. You stated that everytime something comes up the Left blames the GOP for the problems.
My point which it seems you don't understand is that thats the nature of the beast.

Last edited:

oh please link to this gold....

stop drilling in the gulf...hahahahahhhaaha thats awesome

Obama Issues New Offshore Drilling Moratorium | Science and Space | TIME.com

While We Were Distracted By SCOTUS Decision Obama Finalized Drilling Plan, Restored Old Moratorium | The Lonely Conservative

Drill, Brazil, drill, says the U.S. - The Washington Post

We better hope that the rigs that are out there now stay productive cause it doesn't look as if any new ones are going to be allowed during the Obama reign.

Poor Obama. Can't get anything done.

huh? Hes gotten plenty done. His work and decisions have directly effected me and my family, I support the space program and have seen Obama successfully introduce the private sector to the range.

would you like to know more?

You must mean his new Muslim outreach program.

And introducing the private sector to space means turning it over to somebody else.

And now his vision means we have to thumb a ride with the Russians.

We just have to swallow our pride and take their crap to get a ride.

Let me see.

Vel thinks that if Obama is re-elected, he will still be screwed and obstructed by the GOP members of Congress. They will STILL put their own political ambitions ahead of country and do whatever they can to stifle economic growth.

So......Obama should just give up now.

Incredible logic.

Do Obama supporters really want 4 more years of high unemployment, record deficits, high energy prices and constant uncertainty about the future?

Of course not. Do you think Democrats are capable of working with Romney as president? Either you have faith in democrats to be able to compromise more than republicans have the past 4 years or we'll have the same shit with Romney as president.

The fact, ladies and gentlemen, is that neither party is going to have legislative "control" after these elections.

So what does that mean?

Either they grow the fuck up and work together, or they do not, and the decay continues.

This "if we don't win it's the end of America" bullshit is embarrassing and tedious to watch.

Whenever Obama's numerous failure's are mentioned, the first liberal responses are usually to tell us that Obama's agenda has been obstructed by the Republicans and that is why he hasn't been successful. If in the unlikely event Obama were to be re-elected, how do you think that would change? The House will be held by the Republicans and the Senate may go Republican as well. Can any of you really want 4 more years of this economy?

We'll have largely the same economy regardless who the President is. The last Republican President delivered us a $700B bail out and what republicans now euphemistically refer to a "difficult situation". The previous Democrat had 8 years of peace and prosperity. So either a President has a magic wand or he doesn't right (SPOILER ALERT; He doesn't).

The only good thing we'd see is that if Romney were to get elected, the debt ceiling would be elevated whenever it suited him so we wouldn't have these high noon showdowns in a Romney administration. I will give you that. Republican "principles" are made of the same material that wind socks are made out of.

Back to your topic though; neither man will make much of a difference until Congress becomes a functional body once more. That won't happen until we change the rules in Congress which is to say, we need to write the rules for them. That won't happen until we realize living under a 225 year old document is pretty silly.

No, the only thing a President can really do is issue some orders and appoint some judges. I think a center-left administration is a way to go which is why I support Obama.

Let me see.

Vel thinks that if Obama is re-elected, he will still be screwed and obstructed by the GOP members of Congress. They will STILL put their own political ambitions ahead of country and do whatever they can to stifle economic growth.

Incredible logic.

No. I think that if Obama is re-elected that his leadership skills will remain as poor as they currently are and he still will not be able to figure out how to work with those that don't agree with him. His philosophy will still be, "I won". Good leaders learn how to get things done in spite of opposition. Obama's record shows that his leadership sklils are lacking.

Whenever Obama's numerous failure's are mentioned, the first liberal responses are usually to tell us that Obama's agenda has been obstructed by the Republicans and that is why he hasn't been successful. If in the unlikely event Obama were to be re-elected, how do you think that would change? The House will be held by the Republicans and the Senate may go Republican as well. Can any of you really want 4 more years of this economy?

We'll have largely the same economy regardless who the President is. The last Republican President delivered us a $700B bail out and what republicans now euphemistically refer to a "difficult situation". The previous Democrat had 8 years of peace and prosperity. So either a President has a magic wand or he doesn't right (SPOILER ALERT; He doesn't).

The only good thing we'd see is that if Romney were to get elected, the debt ceiling would be elevated whenever it suited him so we wouldn't have these high noon showdowns in a Romney administration. I will give you that. Republican "principles" are made of the same material that wind socks are made out of.

Back to your topic though; neither man will make much of a difference until Congress becomes a functional body once more. That won't happen until we change the rules in Congress which is to say, we need to write the rules for them. That won't happen until we realize living under a 225 year old document is pretty silly.

No, the only thing a President can really do is issue some orders and appoint some judges. I think a center-left administration is a way to go which is why I support Obama.

So you're not a fan of the U.S. Constitution? Somehow, that doesn't surprise me. My opinion is that we're in this much of a mess because we DIDN'T pay enough attention to following the constitution.

But thank you for at least giving a real reason for you to support Obama. I think Romney would appoint judges more in line with the constitution but at least you have a reason.

Let me see.

Incredible logic.

No. I think that if Obama is re-elected that his leadership skills will remain as poor as they currently are and he still will not be able to figure out how to work with those that don't agree with him. His philosophy will still be, "I won". Good leaders learn how to get things done in spite of opposition. Obama's record shows that his leadership sklils are lacking.

He has gotten things done despite the unprecedented obstruction he has faced. No leader can be effective if the entire game is rigged against him and that is exactly what the GOP decided to do from the get go.

On financial stabilization and economic recovery, on deficits and debt, on climate change and health-care reform, Republicans have been the force behind the widening ideological gaps and the strategic use of partisanship. In the presidential campaign and in Congress, GOP leaders have embraced fanciful policies on taxes and spending, kowtowing to their party’s most strident voices.

Republicans often dismiss nonpartisan analyses of the nature of problems and the impact of policies when those assessments don’t fit their ideology. In the face of the deepest economic downturn since the Great Depression, the party’s leaders and their outside acolytes insisted on obeisance to a supply-side view of economic growth — thus fulfilling Norquist’s pledge — while ignoring contrary considerations.

The results can border on the absurd: In early 2009, several of the eight Republican co-sponsors of a bipartisan health-care reform plan dropped their support; by early 2010, the others had turned on their own proposal so that there would be zero GOP backing for any bill that came within a mile of Obama’s reform initiative. As one co-sponsor, Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.), told The Washington Post’s Ezra Klein: “I liked it because it was bipartisan. I wouldn’t have voted for it.”

And seven Republican co-sponsors of a Senate resolution to create a debt-reduction panel voted in January 2010 against their own resolution, solely to keep it from getting to the 60-vote threshold Republicans demanded and thus denying the president a seeming victory.

Let's Just Say it: The Republicans are the Problem

The asinine part is saying we hate this country and want it to die. That is wrong on so many levels.

So how do you see a path forward if Obama were to be re-elected?

Honestly, the only way I see a path forward is if enough people are elected to the Senate to help Obama with some of his policies. And the House too.

If that doesn't happen, and it probably won't this time, then Congress needs to be willing to compromise.

I don't blame everything on Republicans but a large part of it on the extreme right they have taken due partly to the Tea Party's influence.

I don't think either party can govern if the radical fringe controls their party.

So if Obama is elected, and the GOP takes over the Senate or if the Dems keep the Senate with barely a majority-we probably won't get out of this mess.

Wish I was wrong but Congress is broken. We need to get rid of the filibuster completely for starters.

Your answer mystifies me, Wolf. Didn't Barack Obama HAVE super majorities when he took office? What did he accomplish with those? Passage of a health care reform bill that doesn't cut health care costs? Passage of a stimulus bill that didn't work? Passage of the GM bail out that leaves us holding stock that is worth half of what it was when we bought it? I'm sorry but Barry HAD his chance to fix things and he failed miserably.

As for getting rid of the filibuster? The Founding Fathers deliberately constructed our political system so that small majorities could not ram through legislation that they wanted over the objections of the minority party. Be careful what you call for. As much as you don't like it when the "other side" uses a filibuster against "your side" it is a protection to prevent the passage of extreme legislation. If you're pro-choice it is the thing that will protect Roe Vs Wade even if conservatives control the government.

So how do you see a path forward if Obama were to be re-elected?

Honestly, the only way I see a path forward is if enough people are elected to the Senate to help Obama with some of his policies. And the House too.

If that doesn't happen, and it probably won't this time, then Congress needs to be willing to compromise.

I don't blame everything on Republicans but a large part of it on the extreme right they have taken due partly to the Tea Party's influence.

I don't think either party can govern if the radical fringe controls their party.

So if Obama is elected, and the GOP takes over the Senate or if the Dems keep the Senate with barely a majority-we probably won't get out of this mess.

Wish I was wrong but Congress is broken. We need to get rid of the filibuster completely for starters.

Your answer mystifies me, Wolf. Didn't Barack Obama HAVE super majorities when he took office? What did he accomplish with those? Passage of a health care reform bill that doesn't cut health care costs? Passage of a stimulus bill that didn't work? Passage of the GM bail out that leaves us holding stock that is worth half of what it was when we bought it? I'm sorry but Barry HAD his chance to fix things and he failed miserably.

As for getting rid of the filibuster? The Founding Fathers deliberately constructed our political system so that small majorities could not ram through legislation that they wanted over the objections of the minority party. Be careful what you call for. As much as you don't like it when the "other side" uses a filibuster against "your side" it is a protection to prevent the passage of extreme legislation. If you're pro-choice it is the thing that will protect Roe Vs Wade even if conservatives control the government.

You do not know what you are talking about.

Forum List

Back