For my friends and enemies alike.....

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
This week, I got a good report at Vandy. And my prognosis has been upgraded from 'almost dead' to 'you still have a while longer!' LOL. But I'm still on this medication pump. Grrr.....they won't promise that I will ever be off. Still my dose of medication topped out with maximum benefit at a pretty low dose. So I am hoping.....one day.

Last edited:
This week, I got a good report at Vandy. And my prognosis has been upgraded from 'almost dead' to 'you still have a while longer!' LOL. But I'm still on this medication pump. Grrr.....they won't promise that I will ever be off. Still my dose of medication topped out with maximum benefit at a pretty low dose. So I am hoping.....one day.

Prayers and best wishes.

Numbers 6:25

Thank you all. In answer to what was the matter: It still is. I have pulmonary hypertension. It hasn't gone away, nor will it.

I did concent to genetic testing as they are trying to determine what the genetic component is. The research nurse asked a lot of questions. The one that buffaloed me was whether I had drunk well water for greater than 10 years. Yes, I grew up on well water. But I have a couple of strong correlations, sleep apnea, and a patent foramen ovalie (a birth defect - a hole between the atria of the heart) that I never knew about until they did the echocardiogram. It explains a lot, though, even if they do think my PH was caused by blood clots following orthopedic surgery. I have the risk factors. A big one that I do NOT have is having taken fen fen. Many people who took fen fen are getting this disease. But I never needed a diet aid. And I was adverse to putting substances like that in my body. But well water! I do have to do a little research on that when I get the time. I do know that our ground water is contaminated with a lot of things, not the least of which is DDT. That may or may not be the reason, though.

Thank you all. In answer to what was the matter: It still is. I have pulmonary hypertension. It hasn't gone away, nor will it.

I did concent to genetic testing as they are trying to determine what the genetic component is. The research nurse asked a lot of questions. The one that buffaloed me was whether I had drunk well water for greater than 10 years. Yes, I grew up on well water. But I have a couple of strong correlations, sleep apnea, and a patent foramen ovalie (a birth defect - a hole between the atria of the heart) that I never knew about until they did the echocardiogram. It explains a lot, though, even if they do think my PH was caused by blood clots following orthopedic surgery. I have the risk factors. A big one that I do NOT have is having taken fen fen. Many people who took fen fen are getting this disease. But I never needed a diet aid. And I was adverse to putting substances like that in my body. But well water! I do have to do a little research on that when I get the time. I do know that our ground water is contaminated with a lot of things, not the least of which is DDT. That may or may not be the reason, though.
All the best to you. Just remember....life is a terminal illness.

I have been told I have been told too many times already to quit smoking. People have quit telling me to quit smoking. I already have COPD (another non-reversible malady) and can imagine carrying around my own oxygen bottle in the future. I suppose if I come down with Alzheimer's, I may forget that I am sick. I do forget to take my BP meds now and then...and I forget to pay the phone company on time (maybe I just want to attention that comes with that pink FINAL NOTICE)

I was giving my daughter the full run down of the Vanderbilt visit. In August she had cooked it up with the doctors for me to quit work and move in with her. I refused and went back to work! When I told her how well I'm doing I said, 'Aren't you glad I didn't move in with you?' There was a silence on the other end of the line. Then she said, 'Is that a trick question?' LOL. :clap2:

Kids, you gotta luv em.

Forum List

Back