For Most Part, GOP Hopefuls Are Unknowns

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
man oh man, the lefites are becoming MORE NASTY by the day. Mr. Cohen is a true ugly Progressive, and he pretends to write. At least Mr. Cain has had A REAL JOB..:eusa_whistle:

SNIP:
For Most Part, GOP Hopefuls Are Unknowns
By RICHARD COHEN
Posted 05:45 PM ET

Herman Cain is thinking of running for president. I learned this from an article by Dan Balz, the Washington Post's chief political correspondent, so I know it's true.

Cain is a Republican. He is the former chairman of Godfather's Pizza and calls himself "The Hermanator."

If elected, he will be America's second African-American president, the second in a row, actually, and the first of any race to be named Herman.

You can, as I have already done, look it up.

I now know slightly more about Cain than I do of John Thune, Mitch Daniels, Mike Pence and Jon Huntsman. They are also mentioned as possible GOP presidential candidates.

They join a field of better-knowns, which includes the inevitable Sarah Palin, the persistent Newt Gingrich, the ideologically flexible Mitt Romney, the religiously besotted Tim Pawlenty, the improbable Haley Barbour, the familiar Mike Huckabee, s and the ferociously conservative Rick Santorum, who could not even hold on to his Senate seat.

As this list makes clear, the Democrats will occupy the White House forever.

Not on this list are Rick Perry, the governor of the once-solvent state of Texas, and Jeb Bush, the former governor of Florida and the brother of one president and the son of another.

They both say they are not running, which is half a pity (Bush has some interesting ideas on education) and would mean that no one in the GOP field comes from a mega-state — New York, California, Florida or Texas.

For the GOP, this is a disaster. Since 1968, every Republican president with the exception of the accidental Gerald Ford has come from either California or Texas.

More important, there's not a name on the list that screams president!

Some of these people are so obscure their faces could be on milk cartons. Huntsman, now the ambassador to China, has no more name recognition than does Cain, who at least has an Atlanta-based radio show.

read it all if you can stomach it.
For Most Part, GOP Hopefuls Are Unknowns - Investors.com

Last edited:
I've always like Herman Cain. And there are a couple others I like.

I'll call Mr. Cohen how I think he writes...HE IS A MORAN.:lol:

Last edited:
Ohh yes the right loves unknown candidates with unknown qualities but with good Charisma and rhetoric.

You lefties don't have much room to criticize, you all elected some UNKNOWN lowly state Senator, Junior Senator in Congress who was a COMMUNITY AGITATOR as his REAL JOB.:lol:

Ohh yes the right loves unknown candidates with unknown qualities but with good Charisma and rhetoric.

You lefties don't have much room to criticize, you all elected some UNKNOWN lowly state Senator, Junior Senator in Congress who was a COMMUNITY AGITATOR as his REAL JOB.:lol:

I was actually hoping for Hillary so Rush would maybe have a stroke ;)

the irony is though that I hoped for change (did not expect it, just hope) so I voted for a third Bush term. At least that is the way it turned out.
At least I did not vote for Palin :D

That fact does not however disqualify my comment about what types Right wingers like to vote for.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back