For me personally, I am better off than I was 4 years ago

4 years ago, the entire R&D department, half of engineering and a third of the company I work at was let go.

My Brother in Law, my brother and my niece's husband were laid off.

The value of my 401 dropped by more than a third.

Since then,

I've gotten two good raises, an entire new R&D Department has been hired. My 401 is worth more than it was 4 years ago.

So for me, things are better off.

The stock market is doubled in value. Corporations are making record profits.

When it comes to jobs, Republicans, working with the Chamber of Commerce from 2001 to 2008 helped move millions of jobs to China and close tens of thousands of factories. Those jobs are gone. They can't be "fixed" because the buildings are not even available anymore. They are simply gone.

Now I wish, just one time, that Republicans on the USMB would explain how Romney's plan of supporting and investing in immigrants is a better plan than investing in the Republican base? Doesn't Romney believe the Republican base is worth investing in?

Immigration | Mitt Romney for President

I don't see how you could possibly get any worse

Who? Her?

"Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll sex scandal: Misconduct accusations become the talk of Florida's capital"

"A titillating sex scandal has become the talk of sleepy summertime Tallahassee, with Florida's No. 2 elected official supposedly in the starring role. Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll rarely makes news as Gov. Rick Scott's second in command, but accusations of sexual misconduct made by a former employee now facing criminal charges have put Carroll in the spotlight and have her defenders saying she's the victim of a "smear campaign."

Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll sex scandal: Misconduct accusations become the talk of Florida's capital

you're a racist. you don't like her because she is black.

I don't hate her. She's of no consequence. Her political career is over. Maybe she can give lessons on cunnilingus, at the Learning Center.

maybe you can give lessons on fallatio

He is a racist -- he hates white people -- but he doesn't hate Carroll because she's black.

He hates her because she's a black conservative. And his masters have told him to round up the escapees.

Really, fatso? What influence do black conservatives have? They aren't pulling blacks away from the democratic party and they have no leadership positions in the republican party. They are just window dressing. The last black republican with some power was Michael Steele, he brought you to victory and you all rewarded him by firing him.

other than obama, by default, what black people have power in the DNC? has a black person ever been chairman of the DNC?

in reality, the dems use black people as window dressing. why constantly bring up skin color? MLK jr said we should not judge based on skin color, but most dems are far too happy to bring up skin color. if you want to play that game....how is it the first black president (clinton) had less black people in his cabinet than the supposed racist bush?

think on that and get back to me.

11,000 posts. Over 8 years on USMB and rep of 331 and yet you are still clueless. Don't you try to educate yourself from the knowledge of the other posters? Pitiful.

You quote a sentence from MLK Jr as if you have a clue.

Ever hear of Ron Brown?

"By 1976, Brown had been promoted to Deputy Executive Director for Programs and Governmental Affairs of the National Urban League. However, he resigned in 1979 to work as a deputy campaign manager for Senator Edward M. Kennedy, who sought the Democratic Party's presidential nomination.
Brown was hired in 1981 by the Washington, D.C., law firm Patton, Boggs & Blow as a lawyer and a lobbyist.
In May 1988, Brown was named by Jesse L. Jackson to head Jackson's convention team at the Democratic National Convention in Atlanta. Brown was named along with several other experienced party insiders to Jackson's convention operation. By June, it was apparent that Brown was also running Jackson's campaign.
Brown was elected chairman of the Democratic National Committee on February 10, 1989, and played an integral role in running a successful 1992 Democratic National Convention and in Bill Clinton's successful 1992 presidential run. President Clinton then appointed Brown to the position of Secretary of Commerce in 1993."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Brown_(U.S._politician)

Tell that to the 23 million people that are out of work and the over 300K that stopped looking for work last month that they are better off

4 years ago, the entire R&D department, half of engineering and a third of the company I work at was let go.

Since then,

I've gotten two good raises, an entire new R&D Department has been hired. My 401 is worth more than it was 4 years ago.

When it comes to jobs, Republicans, working with the Chamber of Commerce from 2001 to 2008 helped move millions of jobs to China and close tens of thousands of factories. Those jobs are gone. They can't be "fixed" because the buildings are not even available anymore. They are simply gone.

Now I wish, just one time, that Republicans on the USMB would explain how Romney's plan of supporting and investing in immigrants is a better plan than investing in the Republican base? Doesn't Romney believe the Republican base is worth investing in?

For me personally, I am better off than I was 4 years ago

Me too. However, I admit that not everyone is better off, but America in general is certainly better off. All one has to do is honestly recall, or research, the state of the economy 4 years ago.

QUOTE=Salt Jones;5994937
11,000 posts. Over 8 years on USMB and rep of 331 and yet you are still clueless. Don't you try to educate yourself from the knowledge of the other posters? Pitiful.

are really retarded? i basically stopped posting on USMB 6 years ago when the board ownership changed. try educating yourself first.

at least we all know now how much reputation matters to you....LOL

what was wrong with the quote? do you hate MLK jr as well? do you hate that he wants us to be judged by our character and not skin color?

Ever hear of Ron Brown?
"By 1976, Brown had been promoted to Deputy Executive Director for Programs and Governmental Affairs of the National Urban League. However, he resigned in 1979 to work as a deputy campaign manager for Senator Edward M. Kennedy, who sought the Democratic Party's presidential nomination.
Brown was hired in 1981 by the Washington, D.C., law firm Patton, Boggs & Blow as a lawyer and a lobbyist.
In May 1988, Brown was named by Jesse L. Jackson to head Jackson's convention team at the Democratic National Convention in Atlanta. Brown was named along with several other experienced party insiders to Jackson's convention operation. By June, it was apparent that Brown was also running Jackson's campaign.
Brown was elected chairman of the Democratic National Committee on February 10, 1989, and played an integral role in running a successful 1992 Democratic National Convention and in Bill Clinton's successful 1992 presidential run. President Clinton then appointed Brown to the position of Secretary of Commerce in 1993."

good job...you found one black person

how does that make the dems any different than the pubs? the dem leadership is 99% white, yet you want to bitch about the gop leadership. pretty fucking stupid.

Last edited:
What dupe said GOP was 42%, Dems 21%? Hilarious when they try facts...

Gallup
As of 2010[update], Gallup polling found that 31% of Americans identified as Democrats (tying a 22-year low), 29% as Republicans, and 38% as independents.[3] By 2011 Gallup found that Americans identifying as independents had risen to 40 percent. Gallup's historical data show that the proportion of independents in 2011 was the largest in 60 years. This increase came at the expense of Republican identification, which dropped to 27%, while Democratic identification held steady from 2011. Nevertheless, more American independents leaned to the Republican Party when compared to the Democratic Party. Combining leaners with each party's core identifiers, for 2011 the parties ended up tied at 45 percent.[4]

In 2011 Gallup found seventeen states safely Republican or leaning Republican, up from 10 in 2010 and 5 in 2008. A total of 19 states (including the District of Columbia) were safe or leaning Democratic, down from 23 in 2010 and 36 in 2008. Gallup observed that the "greatest movement away from the Democratic Party came between 2009 and 2010, when the number of states with a Democratic advantage fell from 34 to 23". In 15 states no party had a clear political advantage for 2011. Gallup concluded that "President Obama faces a much less favorable environment as he seeks a second term in office than he did when he was elected president."[5]

[edit] Rasmussen
Monthly Rasmussen Reports tracking of partisan trends found that in June 2012, 35.4% identified as Republicans, 34.0% as Democrats and 30.5% were unaffiliated. These numbers changed only slightly from the previous month.[6]

Political party strength in U.S. states - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And only Rasmussen could get more GOP...

QUOTE=Salt Jones;5994937

are really retarded? i basically stopped posting on USMB 6 years ago when the board ownership changed. try educating yourself first.

what was wrong with the quote? do you hate MLK jr as well? do you hate that he wants us to be judged by our character and not skin color?

Ever hear of Ron Brown?

how does that make the dems any different than the pubs? the dem leadership is 99% white, yet you want to bitch about the gop leadership. pretty fucking stupid.

How bout in 2008 44% of Dem convention were minorities, GOP less than 1%, or the NBC poll among blacks, Obama 94%, Romney ZERO. give it up LOL

QUOTE=Salt Jones;5994937

Ever hear of Ron Brown?

How bout in 2008 44% of Dem convention were minorities, GOP less than 1%, or the NBC poll among blacks, Obama 94%, Romney ZERO. give it up LOL

what does that have to do with party leadership?

if those numbers are accurate, then it makes sense that the GOP leadership is more white, but makes no sense that the dem leadership does not have more minorities.

as we can see....it is some dems who are the real racists.

you're a racist. you don't like her because she is black.
He is a racist -- he hates white people -- but he doesn't hate Carroll because she's black.

He hates her because she's a black conservative. And his masters have told him to round up the escapees.

Really, fatso? What influence do black conservatives have? They aren't pulling blacks away from the democratic party and they have no leadership positions in the republican party. They are just window dressing. The last black republican with some power was Michael Steele, he brought you to victory and you all rewarded him by firing him.
You serve your masters well, and you will be rewarded.

Actually, you'll be thrown under the bus as soon as your useful idiocy is no longer useful.

But just keep throwing out the race card as you've been ordered to.

what does that have to do with party leadership?

if those numbers are accurate, then it makes sense that the GOP leadership is more white, but makes no sense that the dem leadership does not have more minorities.

as we can see....it is some dems who are the real racists.

sounds like the dems are alienating white people

Since then,

i deliver unemployment checks to 3 Engineers who used to work for Boeing and one for Northrop....under Bush they were working.....they got laid off under Obama because of his cuts.....they will probably vote for Romney....just sayin.....

Forum List

Back