For Max Power - A Question About Your Sig

Abbey Normal said:
So you see no difference between recreational drug use, and driving a car or owning a gun to hunt or to protect your home? Of course life will aways involve risk, but we as a society balance that risk with benefit, and have decided that despite the chance that someone could be run over, we need to be able to drive. No one needs LSD or alcohol to get to work or to the grocery store.

So, do you think we should eliminate all cars that aren't Volvos or Saturns?
I mean, a Saturn will get you to a grocery store. Taking a Corvette only makes you more likely to kill yourself. But nobody needs to drive a Corvette

Nobody needs to eat fatty foods. Or desert. How about we only serve people white rice and vitamin pills.
Nobody needs chocolate or fried food to survive.

311 - Offbeat Bareass - Do what thou wilt should be the whole of the law
Until you violate the rights of another
Respect the space of your sister and your brother
The war on drugs may be well intentioned
But it falls f**king flat when you stop and mention
The overcrowded prisons where rapists get paroled
To make room for a dude who has sold
A pound of weed to me that's a crime
Here's to good people doing time y'all
I think Nick Hexum said it best.:eek:

Max Power said:
So, do you think we should eliminate all cars that aren't Volvos or Saturns?
I mean, a Saturn will get you to a grocery store. Taking a Corvette only makes you more likely to kill yourself. But nobody needs to drive a Corvette

Nobody needs to eat fatty foods. Or desert. How about we only serve people white rice and vitamin pills.
Nobody needs chocolate or fried food to survive.

Her point is, if you drive a corvette, don't bitch about getting more tickets or having worse injuries when you get into more serious car accidents because you're driving faster. Do what you want, but don't bitch if you participate in activities with higher risks.

Abbey Normal said:
Fine, but then people must accept full 100% responsibility for those choices. Many people consider some of the things listed above to be harmful. If people want to do them, have at it; but don't complain, whine, expect financial help, blame anyone else, or sue, when you develop a serious problem, such as lung cancer or AIDS.

Or when your kids start doing the same, or worse.
Correct.

Max Power said:
There is no government health care. I suppose it makes a difference in Canada.

As far as health insurance is concerned, this is why they ask people "do you drink, do you smoke," before they quote you a rate. It's risk analysis.
Not entirerly true really, those with insurance pay for those without. It's very indirect, but it's a fact. $1.75 aspirin tab anyone? :eek:

Edit: If you oppose that $1.75 tab they'll adjust it. Then the Gov. local or state makes up the difference..Somehow, someway, most hospitals get paid for service. If the patient doesn't pay, someone else or the Gov. will.

Forum List

Back