for males: favorite chick flick. for females: favorite action movie.

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
Guys often note that they don't much care for chick flicks. Women often complain about the kind of mindless "action movies" that guys tend to favor.

So, put the bias aside and admit which movie of the other variety you like the most.

Guys: name your favorite chick flick -- and tell us why.

Gals: name your favorite action movie -- and tell us why.

Since I put this stupid thread up, I will go first (and maybe last):

I have liked a couple of chick flicks, but the one I have (until now) secretly enjoyed the most was "Definitely, Maybe." I think Isla Fisher was flat out adorable and hot in that movie.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Favorite chick flick:

The Secret Garden

The only movies that actually brings tears to my eyes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrMahhudZvo]YouTube - The Secret Garden (1993)[/ame]

At the end when the little girl tells her uncle, "It wasn't wanted", the double meaning was simple and extraordinary at the same time.

I'm normally an "Alien Resurrection" type of guy, but "The Secret Garden" is a very special movie.

My favorite chick flick is "Keeping the Faith". That movie just cracks me up because it's such a very funny love story. All of the characters in the movie are just perfect for the role.

Braveheart.
No, wait. Gladiator.
No, wait, Conan.

I can't decide.

I also like that off the wall one with Gina Davis as a pirate. Treasure Island.

interesting replies so far.

I haven't seen all of the movies.

I probably also should probably "qualify" the terms. For example, one of my favorite all time movies is "Casablanca." But I don't think it fits as either a "chick flick" or an "action movie."

Braveheart.
No, wait. Gladiator.
No, wait, Conan.

I can't decide.

Gina Davis? I wonder if this one would be "chick flic"?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDuma1M09B0]YouTube - Long Kiss Goodnight Trailer[/ame]

Braveheart.
No, wait. Gladiator.
No, wait, Conan.

I can't decide.

Gina Davis? I wonder if this one would be "chick flic"?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDuma1M09B0]YouTube - Long Kiss Goodnight Trailer[/ame]

Nope, it's an action movie.

I love it, too. It's actually better than the one about pirates. The way she keeps saving the dude in both is just too much.

The Dark Knight is my current favorite action movie. I finally saw it recently on twc and I understood why Heath Ledger got the academy award for it. He was excellent as the Joker.

The other "chick flick" I like the most is "Sleepless in Seattle." One of the first (if not the first?) movie I saw with the lass who became my wife.

And when my wife and I did get married in Maui on the beach on a cloudy day at sunset (pretty much eloping, with a paid set of strangers serving as "best man and maid of honor" and a paid judge officiating), we ended up that night at a terrific restaurant with an open Lanai as it POURED out of the heavens only a few yards away. I got the pianist to play "When I Fall in Love" (the great old song re-done by Celine Dion for the movie), as we dined. So I have some pretty strong links to that movie.

And Meg was hawt in it.

Favorite 'chick flick' is "When Harry Met Sally." I think the movies does an excellent job of portraying the dance of two hearts and souls bathed in comedic tension and relief.

Favorite 'chick flick' is "When Harry Met Sally." I think the movies does an excellent job of portraying the dance of two hearts and souls bathed in comedic tension and relief.

"portraying the dance of two hearts and souls bathed in comedic tension and relief"

Oh fuck. I think I now have to disavow my own thread.

I can't pick a favorite action flick. I like all the Diehards, Indiana Jones, Terminators, and Star Wars, though. Braveheart and Gladiator are fun, too. And good classic action films are Ben Hur and Death Wish, IMO. Oh, if the Godfathers are action films, you can probably put those on the top of my list.

Any guys like City of Angels? I don't easily cry in a lot of movies, but that one always does me in.

Die Hard (All of 'em) I think but I like action movies and pretty much dislike chic flix. I may be the only female in the UK who hates Bridget Jones' Diary. And I loathe anything with Hugh Grant.

Forum List

Back