For Dads with Daughters

ken said:
Mr. P,

I have located you.

I've only scanned the posts here, and this is fabulous.

As the Dad of 2.3 children, of which at least 2 are confirmed girls at this point, this is hillarious. I cut-n-pasted it out, if I need to show credit, I will.
This is exactly how I feel.

As usual, you may not hear from me for a bit, but thanks for the heads-up concerning the "change of venue". Our mutual friend J also let me know.

Thanks,

KEN

anything going on that us mods should know about?

Said1 said:
My poor mother, I'm surprised I'm not still locked in my room. My daughter is 6, I can hardly wait till she starts dating.....NOT.

Saw this a bit ago, thought it very appropriate for moms and daughters. Thankfully, I'm, rather my daughter is out of this stage now:

A SMALL VICTORY

12:15: Rip roaring fight with the daughter over the way she treats her brother when she has friends around. Only about the twentieth time we had this fight. Daughter, ever the one to get the last word in, seals her fate with "Holy geez, I said I'm sorry. My god." With a stamp of the foot, of course. Grounding ensues.
12:25: I go to my room to put away laundry.
12:30: Come out of room to discover daughter has gone "out." Where? DJ says she went to the store. I remind self that I just grounded her not fifteen minutes ago. Also take into consideration: No one is allowed to just go "out" without telling me or my husband where they are going and when they'll be back.
12:40: I decide to just wait it out and see if she comes back soon, figuring she went to visit her friend down the block to tell her what a horrible mother I am.
1:15: Call her cell phone. It's turned off. Now very pissed, I decide to see just how long she'll stay out. Proceed to clean the house.
2:15: Try her cell phone again. Still off. Drive past her friend's house, but no one is home. Small creep of panic sets in. Go home to see if she turns up or calls.
2:45: Try her other friend's house. She hasn't seen her.
3:00: Phone rings. It's the owner of the cell phone store a few blocks away. Someone found Nat's phone on the sidewalk and brought it into the store. The guy found the address book and called the "home" number. Go to store to get phone and start thinking all kinds of crazy things, incuding what a horrible mother I am to have sat there and not went looking for her right away.
3:10-3:30: Drive around looking for her. Stop at my mother's house and two friends' houses. At the second house, the mother says that Nat has been there for a while, but just left. Big sigh of relief, which gives way to renewed anger.
3:40: Find her a few blocks away, walking towards home. I say nothing as she gets in the car. Say nothing until we get in the driveway and then I let her have it. This exchange occurs:

Why did you go out of the house without asking me?
Because if I asked you if I could go, you would have said no.

You know the word flabbergasted? It was made for that moment.

New, firmer, longer grounding ensues, as do the tears. Yet absent in the tears and apologies for losing her week old cell phone is an understanding of what she has done wrong. Witness this question after we get in the house and I tell her to go to her room:

Does this mean I can't go out with Jen tonight?

Walk out of room. Go into office, close door, light cigarette and wonder who it was that told me all those years ago that teenage girls are a delight, a mother's best friend. Because I'd sure like to kick them in the teeth right now.

31 July 2004

Said1 said:
What can I say, learn to pick your battles. I learned this the hard way, I hope I can remember it when she's 14!

Agreed! Not the time to quit smoking though! :mm:

Said1 said:
And drinking! After having my daughter, I have a whole new appreciation for adults, and places that only allow them to enter. :cheers2:

My daughter was Sooo easy, until 17. In one year she started dating a guy 23, a loser by any take, signed up for early entry into the military. Changed her mind about the guy, which cause a restraining order and about joining the armed forces, which took a general at Fort Knox to get her out of....She's now 23, and as easy as when she was 10! Go figure.

Kathianne said:
My daughter was Sooo easy, until 17. In one year she started dating a guy 23, a loser by any take, signed up for early entry into the military. Changed her mind about the guy, which cause a restraining order and about joining the armed forces, which took a general at Fort Knox to get her out of....She's now 23, and as easy as when she was 10! Go figure.

Ooo, sounds a little like me, only I was 16 and he was 24, and we stayed together for 14yrs! I should have sent him packing when my father started to constantly refer to him as "asshole". He would usually say something like this "asshole called" or "asshole said he is going to be here in 10 min" or the classic " asshole called and woke me up at 5 am". Geez, love really is blind, especially when it's really tough looking and drives a motorcycle. :D

Said1 said:
Ooo, sounds a little like me, only I was 16 and he was 24, and we stayed together for 14yrs! I should have sent him packing when my father started to constantly refer to him as "asshole". He would usually say something like this "asshole called" or "asshole said he is going to be here in 10 min" or the classic " asshole called and woke me up at 5 am". Geez, love really is blind, especially when it's really tough looking and drives a motorcycle. :D

Luckily for me, he showed his colors, which I'd called earlier. He was a 'stalker' and ended up in courts. She met her current boyfriend, whom we all 'love' in the interim. But not easy, by any means. The creepo was hiding in my evergreens, for cryin' out loud! LOL :laugh:

Kathianne said:
Luckily for me, he showed his colors, which I'd called earlier. He was a 'stalker' and ended up in courts. She met her current boyfriend, whom we all 'love' in the interim. But not easy, by any means. The creepo was hiding in my evergreens, for cryin' out loud! LOL :laugh:

Wow, good riddance! I'm glad your daughter met a nice guy, it's tough being a teenager, having a great mom helps a lot too!

Creepo, my mother used to say that! :happy2: (not about my ex, but about creepos in general).

Said1 said:
Wow, good riddance! I'm glad your daughter met a nice guy, it's tough being a teenager, having a great mom helps a lot too!

Creepo, my mother used to say that! :happy2: (not about my ex, but about creepos in general).

I fondly remember the ex by: "I missed this time, but my aim is improving!" :laugh:

Forum List

Back