For Clay: Another Attempt To Be Racially Inclusive Gets Shut Down

Said1 said:
I'll be honest, I didn't even know there was an entire month dedicated to black people.
Yep, it's a big world out there.

Lift that rock up a little higher.

D'ster said:
I believe the main reason there is no "white history month" or white anything is because whites don't want to have blacks upset or angry towards them at any cost.

Blacks would not respect a "white history month" in fact I think during a "white history month" there would be even a greater number of blacks attacking whites then there already is.

I think it is because "white" history is always entertwined with all other history in this nation as well as Canada. Shoot you can't even talk seriously about Mexican history without getting into whites. Even African history is inextricably intertwined with Europeans....

I think that it is because it is felt that white people get enough attention without a need for a special time set aside to talk about them exclusively.

D'ster said:

Why? Who really cares about other cultures. They just suck up public funds with their "special needs" anyway.

What do you care so much for anyway. First you seem against black history month, now you seem like you're all for it. Or is it the missing white history month that bugs you? How about a D'ster History month, would that make you happy?

Now please go away. I've been exposed to too much light as it is. Next time you lift my rock, I will be forced to stop, drop and roll, for fear of going blind. And I'm not heating the outside either!

D'ster said:

Which rock is that? You seem to be an interesting creature. Like Jesse Jackson searching for racism where none exists and thereby shutting down reactions to real racism when it is found. There are only so many times one can run around screaming fire when there is none before people just stop believing that source.

no1tovote4 said:
I think that it is because it is felt that white people get enough attention without a need for a special time set aside to talk about them exclusively.
So you believe that people should be treated differently solely based on skin color.

You don't think that there is any fear in whites of doing things that upset blacks to the point of violence (riots)?

D'ster said:
So you believe that people should be treated differently solely based on skin color.

Strawman alert. I have never stated anything about that in this thread.

I do not believe that there should be separate months specifying a need to study people based on skin pigmentation. I don't believe there is more than one "race".

You don't think that there is any fear in whites of doing things that upset blacks to the point of violence (riots)?

I think that riots may be a reality, but it is based on social stricture. Even such an event would be more history that would still more inextricably entertwine these "different" groups. Studying one "race" in history is fundamentally lazy way of looking at things.

no1tovote4 said:

Felt by whom, those who feel it's imperative to destroy white European (Roman) identity? I'd really like to know who's jealous about all the face time whites get. Sounds kind of petty.

Forum List

Back