For Anti-Trumpers, the Latest ‘Social Justice’ Tool Is Math Class

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Anti-Trumpers pride themselves on pretending to teach the subjects they are paid to teach..while they instead focus on creating communists.

"The most recent Program for International Student Assessment — an exam administered to 15-year-olds every three years in 72 countries — shows that U.S. teens ranked a paltry 27 out of 72. (In 2015, the most current year for which there are PISA exam results, some 540,000 students sat for the assessment.)"

"Eric “Rico” Gutstein, a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago, is encouraging his colleagues to teach “math for social justice” — in order to help fight the “oppressive status quo,” according to Campus Reform."

"...the University of Illinois at Chicago, or UIC, is a public university — so it's funded by taxpayers who, in all likelihood, don't realize how their tax dollars are being spent."

According to the Marxist, "...K-12 students need to be prepared through their mathematics education to investigate and critique injustice (such as racism and language discrimination), and to challenge, in words and actions, oppressive structures and acts. I prepare teachers who can teach mathematics and other subjects in this manner to students in urban settings."

For Anti-Trumpers, the Latest 'Social Justice' Tool Is Math Class

The comments are spot on, which is why Doc wants this article buried:

"The minute I hear the word "dialectically," I know that this person is a Marxist. And Marxism, as the now (very unfortunately) late Charles Krauthammer said, is no different from fascism with another name. The two extremes meet as the ideologies curve back into one another. I hope everyone reading about Dr. Gutstein also knows that the college students who are weakest in all academic areas are education students -- those who, ostensibly, will be teaching our children in the coming years, which is another reason for sending them to charter schools. And in addition to being lousy in math, the majority of education students I work with (in a state-funded college in New York City) are incapable of writing a simple declarative sentence, using punctuation, formatting a letter, writing a street address, or even opening a letter correctly. If I had a dime for each time an email has been addressed to me as "Dear Paula Cohen," or simply "Paula Cohen," and frequently with either the first or second name uncapitalized, I could retire tomorrow. So you've got a Marxist teaching math, and loading it his lessons with commie-pinko ideology? And no one on the school's board, in its administration, or any of the students' parents think there's anything peculiar about this? Incredible, but true."

Forum List

Back