For all of you that still believe Romney is a conservative

Oh, and Obamacare does not even compare to Romneycare. That is a Red-herring.

It is. Now, are the GOP voters smart enough to understand that?
Some of them are, some of them aren't.

Some of them aren't smart enough to let the Mormon issue go.

That's more religious closemindedness and paranoia about the secretive nature of his Church than a comment on him. But I do know what you're talking about. My in-laws are fairly conservative, and when Romney was a front runner last year they spent a great deal of time reading up on his religion. In the end, I can't say for sure they'd vote against him based on that (especially if Obama is on the ticket), but who knows?

It is. Now, are the GOP voters smart enough to understand that?
Some of them are, some of them aren't.

Some of them aren't smart enough to let the Mormon issue go.

That's more religious closemindedness and paranoia about the secretive nature of his Church than a comment on him. But I do know what you're talking about. My in-laws are fairly conservative, and when Romney was a front runner last year they spent a great deal of time reading up on his religion. In the end, I can't say for sure they'd vote against him based on that (especially if Obama is on the ticket), but who knows?

At least he's honest about his religion.

He's a Mormon and Obama is a Christian/Atheist/Muslim/whothefuckknows.

At least he's honest about his religion.

He's a Mormon and Obama is a Christian/Atheist/Muslim/whothefuckknows.

Of the 6 President's I've seen, maybe, maybe 50% of them were actually honest about their religion. That's a pretty common trait in politicians. To see Romney up front about his religion is actually refreshing.

I think he's probably the strongest candidate for the nomination right now, and probably the guy with the best shot at beating Obama. But we'll see.

So now it starts. Romney is a lib? Is that that tact they want to take?

It's a bit unseemly to just accuse him of being a hated Mormon. After all, we shouldn't go after people just for their religion, but it seemed to be what put the kabosh on Romney's previous run for the White House.

On one side we have Obama who seems reasonable when you compare him to Harry (Cowboy Poetry) Reid, and Nanci (Elections shouldn't matter) Pelosi. Then there's the other options. Mitt Romney is a closet lib, Sarah Palin is a bitch, or whatever name they're calling her these days, Donald Trump (Mr. Comb over) isn't a serious candidate.

I sometimes wonder why everyone complains about criticism of Obama when everyone that challenges him comes under the same blistering attacks, most of which are false to begin with.

Well, after seeing the goat-fuck Obama turned out to be Romney seems a breath of fresh air in comparison. Mitt turned what would have been a disaster in the Salt Lake City Olympics into a tremendous success. He's a proven leader. He's also shown that he's open to new ideas, his health plan as a prime example, yet even this is a source of ridicule.

All I can say is game on.

Three posts I made in a thread a couple of weeks ago about the infighting among conservative factions trying to "out-conservative" each other and how it ultimately affects us at elections. TPS is a good example of one of the litmus testers who fracture rather than unite.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/95028-gop-civil-war-yeah-right.html#post3481165

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/95028-gop-civil-war-yeah-right.html#post3481893

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/95028-gop-civil-war-yeah-right.html#post3482049

You mean like we "united" over McCain because the schmart people in 2008 said the "era of Reagan was over" and we needed a "new conservatism?"

That kind of united??????

You people under 40 who don't know jack you know what. You want "fractured?" Try after Watergate when the "schmart" money was on someone "moderate" like Ford.

The "fractured" conservatives told everyone Reagan was the candidate. They finally proved it in 1980.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You considered the conservatives united over McCain? What planet were you living on at the time. We got McCain simply because every little faction within conservatism had their own candidate and had litmus tests to prove they were more conservative than all the other conservatives. When one candidate would fall, the sour grapes losers wouldn't back another candidate. McCain was simply the last man standing at the end of the day. We conservatives fucked ourselves and we'll do it again supporting people like Palin, Bachman and showboat Trump.

People under 40? Why thank you very much. I've always maintained that I don't look a day over 54, but most people laugh when I say it.

Yeah, the Democrats WANT to paint Mitt in that corner cuz they're afraid of him as a presidential contender. Dopes like you are perpetuating the myth that he created "Obama care" when no one even knew who Obama was in 2005! :lol: Not to mention that a state connector is not a federal mandate...

"The law established an independent public authority, the Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority, also known as the Health Connector. Among other roles, the Connector acts as an insurance broker to offer private insurance plans to residents."

In fall 2005 the House and Senate each passed health care insurance reform bills.

The legislature made a number of changes to Governor Romney's original proposal, including expanding MassHealth (Medicaid and SCHIP) coverage to low-income children and restoring funding for public health programs. The most controversial change was the addition of a provision which requires firms with 11 or more workers that do not provide "fair and reasonable" health coverage to their workers to pay an annual penalty. This contribution, initially $295 annually per worker, is intended to equalize the free care pool charges imposed on employers who do and do not cover their workers.

On April 12, 2006 Governor Mitt Romney signed the health legislation.[14] He vetoed 8 sections of the health care legislation, including the controversial employer assessment.[15] Romney also vetoed provisions providing dental benefits to poor residents on the Medicaid program, and providing health coverage to senior and disabled legal immigrants not eligible for federal Medicaid.[16][17] The legislature promptly overrode six of the eight gubernatorial section vetoes, on May 4, 2006, and by mid-June 2006 had overridden the remaining two.[18]

The healthcare insurance reform law was enacted as Chapter 58 of the Acts of 2006 of the Massachusetts General Court; its long form title is An Act Providing Access to Affordable, Quality, Accountable Health Care. In October 2006, January 2007, and November 2007, bills were enacted that amended and made technical corrections to the statute (Chapters 324 and 450 of the Acts of 2006, and chapter 205 of the Acts of 2007).[4]

Massachusetts health care reform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Romney was the Massachusetts governor from fall of 2002 through the fall 2006.

If he ever manages to convince everyone he won't touch the social issues holding the Republican party hostage, he is a very serious contender with independent minded Americans who understand issues beyond the knee-jerk rhetoric...

A) Wikipedia is not reliable.

B) What is "knee jerk" that Romney talks conservatism but when he is in office, he DOES liberalism?

C) If you would read the title of the thread, I'm talking to conservatives.

You do realize that wiki is referenced don't you. You can fact check the info to your heart's delight.

Yeah, the Democrats WANT to paint Mitt in that corner cuz they're afraid of him as a presidential contender. Dopes like you are perpetuating the myth that he created "Obama care" when no one even knew who Obama was in 2005! :lol: Not to mention that a state connector is not a federal mandate...

Romney was the Massachusetts governor from fall of 2002 through the fall 2006.

If he ever manages to convince everyone he won't touch the social issues holding the Republican party hostage, he is a very serious contender with independent minded Americans who understand issues beyond the knee-jerk rhetoric...

A) Wikipedia is not reliable.

B) What is "knee jerk" that Romney talks conservatism but when he is in office, he DOES liberalism?

C) If you would read the title of the thread, I'm talking to conservatives.

You do realize that wiki is referenced don't you. You can fact check the info to your heart's delight.

Wiki is not always accurate.

Quite right. It's time we reintroduce civility into politics. Disagreeing on issues doesn't mean we need to hate each other.

HAS ANYONE ASKED TED KENNEDY ABOUT THAT? Not that you can! :eusa_angel: er I mean :evil:

I don't usually talk to dead people. Nor do I think Ted Kennedy hated me. Mostly because I dont think he ever had a clue i existed.

But regardless of what he thinks, my actions are not dependent on his. I am going to be civil and friendly despite the way anyone else treats me even if they disagree with me.

Im not trying to kill my "enemies" but convert them to the truth.

The absolute worst thing about the TEA Parties - and, I love their principles, is that it has fucking idiots like TPS and Palin on board.

Apparently, remarking on Romney's intellect and understanding of economics, means I'm a RINO. I've said similar comments about politicians that I disagree with.... all it means is that I am intelligent enough to recognize certain skills and abilities.

It is a pity that more people don't engage in a little critical thought before trashing someone's whole agenda because they disagree with one or two issues.

Apparently I am a RINO too. I actually voted for him lol

The absolute worst thing about the TEA Parties - and, I love their principles, is that it has fucking idiots like TPS and Palin on board.

Apparently, remarking on Romney's intellect and understanding of economics, means I'm a RINO. I've said similar comments about politicians that I disagree with.... all it means is that I am intelligent enough to recognize certain skills and abilities.

It is a pity that more people don't engage in a little critical thought before trashing someone's whole agenda because they disagree with one or two issues.

If he'd been the candidate, instead of McCain, I'd have voted GOP.

If he'd been the candidate, instead of McCain, I'd have voted GOP.

Will you vote for whoever runs against Obama - more of a vote against Obama vs. a vote for whoever - or will you vote only for a candidate you can support?

Forum List

Back