For all Obama supporters

I understand the questions. And I certainly don't follow anyone blindly. I would have liked for Hillary to be president, and a woman in the white house would have been nice -- but not just ANY woman.

In terms of what change, I think you're best answered by Obama's website. He's fairly specific in the things he plans to propose. Of course, any proposals are going to be modified by our diminished financial situation right now.. but it will give you a good idea of the goal posts.

As for change "from" what? Well, to those of us on the left side of the divide, it seems pretty clear that it's change from the past 8 years of secrecy, and unitary presidency (I know right-leaners hate those words), and incompetence beyond what even those of us with low expectations of Bush anticipated. A change from the Rush Limbaugh school of debate... as exemplified by the turn in McCain's campaign this week a la Sarah.

And, you know, a change from something else. Peggy Noonan, who is one of my favorite republican types (along with Joe Scarborough and Pat Buchanan, believe it or not), put it very well this weekend when she was on one of the talk shows, I believe CNN, but could be wrong. She said that she was very troubled by Palin's version of "popularism"... one that says "I'm not city folk... and I represent all of you in small towns"... Noonan asked if you could imagine JFK saying "I am the president of urban america" or of Lincoln saying "I am the president of the north" as opposed to being president of a great nation, as he said at gettysburgh... or FDR saying "I represesnt rich white eastern WASPs". This concept of "popularism" meaning one represents a part of the country and not all of us is damaging... you can see it in the comments on this board about "elitists". Elitists to these people don't mean "snobs"... it means "city folk".... and seems to imply that we aren't one country... very dangerous.

So what are we changing from? Hopefully that type of false "popularism"... that somehow thinks a president should represent only half the country... IMO, of course.

You're kidding---Obama has split the country down the middle along this vague line of haves and have nots. There is no unifier is this race.

I understand the questions. And I certainly don't follow anyone blindly. I would have liked for Hillary to be president, and a woman in the white house would have been nice -- but not just ANY woman.

In terms of what change, I think you're best answered by Obama's website. He's fairly specific in the things he plans to propose. Of course, any proposals are going to be modified by our diminished financial situation right now.. but it will give you a good idea of the goal posts.

As for change "from" what? Well, to those of us on the left side of the divide, it seems pretty clear that it's change from the past 8 years of secrecy, and unitary presidency (I know right-leaners hate those words), and incompetence beyond what even those of us with low expectations of Bush anticipated. A change from the Rush Limbaugh school of debate... as exemplified by the turn in McCain's campaign this week a la Sarah.

And, you know, a change from something else. Peggy Noonan, who is one of my favorite republican types (along with Joe Scarborough and Pat Buchanan, believe it or not), put it very well this weekend when she was on one of the talk shows, I believe CNN, but could be wrong. She said that she was very troubled by Palin's version of "popularism"... one that says "I'm not city folk... and I represent all of you in small towns"... Noonan asked if you could imagine JFK saying "I am the president of urban america" or of Lincoln saying "I am the president of the north" as opposed to being president of a great nation, as he said at gettysburgh... or FDR saying "I represesnt rich white eastern WASPs". This concept of "popularism" meaning one represents a part of the country and not all of us is damaging... you can see it in the comments on this board about "elitists". Elitists to these people don't mean "snobs"... it means "city folk".... and seems to imply that we aren't one country... very dangerous.

So what are we changing from? Hopefully that type of false "popularism"... that somehow thinks a president should represent only half the country... IMO, of course.

I understand what we are changing from. What are we changing to? I just don't get it. His proposals on his website are nothing more than New Deal retread and updated Democrat policy proposals from the 90's with new dates on them. I don't get what he wants to change us to. That is what worries me.

I understand what we are changing from. What are we changing to? I just don't get it. His proposals on his website are nothing more than New Deal retread and updated Democrat policy proposals from the 90's with new dates on them. I don't get what he wants to change us to. That is what worries me.

Getting out of Iraq, universal healthcare, and American energy independence are Obama's top priorities.

Those happen to be my top priorities as well.

Getting out of Iraq, universal healthcare, and American energy independence are Obama's top priorities.

Those happen to be my top priorities as well.

We are already planning to get out of Iraq and we will never be energy independent.

We are already planning to get out of Iraq and we will never be energy independent.

Why not?

We are the richest nation in the world.

We probably spend more on dog food than we do on alternative energy.

All it takes is the political will. The technology is already here.

And with the current state of the economy, Universal Healthcare is unaffordable.

We already have universal healthcare. A really bad version of it.

What we need is a single payer system. That would save us $200 billion dollars a year.

We already have universal healthcare. A really bad version of it.

What we need is a single payer system. That would save us $200 billion dollars a year.

By what definition is our healtcare system a universal healthcare system?

You're kidding---Obama has split the country down the middle along this vague line of haves and have nots. There is no unifier is this race.

Puleeze...

go vote for sawwah "we represent small town folk" bawwacuda... and talk to me about splitting the country down the middle.

and go listen to some more rush limbaugh and let karl rove run more of your campaigns before you open your yap about divisiveness.

I already gave you my feelings on the subject. Can't say much more than that.

Forum List

Back