For all my fellow gun nuts

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Hi all,
FYI for all who are interested (no, I don't get compensated for this) Just wanted to pass along J&G Sales, J&G Sales is currently having a sale. Romanian AKs starting at $430, Polish P64s for $150, S&W Model 64s starting at $220, CZ 75s and Glocks starting at $510, etc......... Once again jst FYI.

The P64 is an excellent gun. I've sold probably 10. They are reliable, powerful, accurate and inexpensive to shoot and easy to maintain.

The P64 is an excellent gun. I've sold probably 10. They are reliable, powerful, accurate and inexpensive to shoot and easy to maintain.

I just picked up the S&W model 64 and I'm looking at the P64. I have heard good things about it but I still like my CZ 82. I also like my CZ 52 even though it has the ergonomics of a mouse trap nailed to a two by four. :lol:

Smith Model 64 is awsome. I have a snub version in the shop right now. There is a reason they have made these guns for over 100 years.
The P64 is much smaller than the CZ. So easier to carry but harder to shoot.

Whatever kind of hunting you would do with any 30 caliber rifle.
But the 2A is not about hunting. Nor do you or anyone else need to "justify" wanting one. I've had an AK variant (Czech VZ-58) in my house for some time and my family is safer, not less safe. Someone's preconceived notions are screwed up here.

I've had an AK variant (Czech VZ-58) in my house for some time and my family is safer, not less safe.

That simply is not true at all - research has proven beyond any reasonable doubt that keeping a gun in your home increases the likelihood of death by gunshot wound occurring in the house.

This is a simple, proven, established fact.

I've had an AK variant (Czech VZ-58) in my house for some time and my family is safer, not less safe.

That simply is not true at all - research has proven beyond any reasonable doubt that keeping a gun in your home increases the likelihood of death by gunshot wound occurring in the house.

This is a simple, proven, established fact.

Like most such "facts' it is completely bogus. Said statistics include suicides and gang shootings. Now if you think having a gun in the house leads one to suicidal thoughts or more inclined to join a gang, then I pity you.
Gun Myths: Debunking Common Gun Myths

Hi all,
FYI for all who are interested (no, I don't get compensated for this) Just wanted to pass along J&G Sales, J&G Sales is currently having a sale. Romanian AKs starting at $430, Polish P64s for $150, S&W Model 64s starting at $220, CZ 75s and Glocks starting at $510, etc......... Once again jst FYI.

again --no 380ACP ammo--:(

Rabbi -

No, it is absolutely true, and has been proven by such in a dozen studies - the most recent being a vast and extremely thorough study conducted at Harvard.

I'm genuinely surprised that any would bother to pretend otherwise.

# The risk of homicide is three times higher in homes with firearms (Kellermann, 1993, p. 1084).

# Higher gun ownership puts both men and women at a higher risk for homicide, particularly gun homicide (Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard Injury Control Research Center, 2009).

#Of youths who committed suicide with firearms, 82% obtained the firearm from their home, usually a parent’s firearm (The National Violent Injury Statistics System, p. 2).

Every time a gun injures or kills in self-defense, it is used:

* 11 times for completed and attempted suicides (Kellermann, 1998, p. 263).
* 7 times in criminal assaults and homicides, and
* 4 times in unintentional shooting deaths or injuries.

Hi all,

Do they have the AK47 short for sale also?:eek:

# The risk of homicide is three times higher in homes with firearms (Kellermann, 1993, p. 1084).

# Higher gun ownership puts both men and women at a higher risk for homicide, particularly gun homicide (Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard Injury Control Research Center, 2009).

#Of youths who committed suicide with firearms, 82% obtained the firearm from their home, usually a parent’s firearm (The National Violent Injury Statistics System, p. 2).

Every time a gun injures or kills in self-defense, it is used:

* 11 times for completed and attempted suicides (Kellermann, 1998, p. 263).
* 7 times in criminal assaults and homicides, and
* 4 times in unintentional shooting deaths or injuries.

Kellerman was already debunked quite a while ago. Amazing you couldn't find this:
Kellerman Debunked!

Actually no, the Kellerman study is still very much in use, and I'm not aware of any credible arguments posed against it.

Who do you think is more credible - the FBI and the New England Journal of Medicine and the Bureau of Justice Statistics - or some blog?

Honestly - if you are going to dispute science, you'll have to present actual science, not blogs.

Actually no, the Kellerman study is still very much in use, and I'm not aware of any credible arguments posed against it.

Who do you think is more credible - the FBI and the New England Journal of Medicine and the Bureau of Justice Statistics - or some blog?

Honestly - if you are going to dispute science, you'll have to present actual science, not blogs.

I just made you aware of credible arguments against it. Ignore them at your peril.
Gun control has no, zero, arguments on its side. It is the most thoroughly debunked proposition in American public life.
http://www.guncite.com/gun-control-kellermann-3times.html

Last edited:
It is funny that it has been "debunked" and yet still:

- is corroborated by at least a dozen other major and authoritive studies

- has been backed by a number of health authorities

- has been confirmed in further follow-up studies using enhanced methodologies.

Forget blogs, man, if you want to present a credible case - go right ahead and present it.

But by credible, I do mean peer-reviewed, academic and based on real authority.

Hi all,

I would be interested in buying a bazooka. Do they have any of those on sale?

It is funny that it has been "debunked" and yet still:

- is corroborated by at least a dozen other major and authoritive studies

- has been backed by a number of health authorities

- has been confirmed in further follow-up studies using enhanced methodologies.

Forget blogs, man, if you want to present a credible case - go right ahead and present it.

But by credible, I do mean peer-reviewed, academic and based on real authority.

Holocaust denial is the most debunked theory out there but that doesn't prevent people from spouting it. Gun control is about as credible as a theory.

Gun control is about as credible as a theory.

And yet:

You claimed no American had been killed by an Uzi - which was proven false.

You claimed many times more people drown than are killed by guns - which was proven false.

You claimed doctors are responsible for 250,000 deaths - which was proven false.

You claimed few guns in Mexico come from the US - which was proven false.

We can go on like this for weeks - and you'll be proven wrong every time.

Gun control is about as credible as a theory.

And yet:

You claimed no American had been killed by an Uzi - which was proven false.

You claimed many times more people drown than are killed by guns - which was proven false.

You claimed doctors are responsible for 250,000 deaths - which was proven false.

You claimed few guns in Mexico come from the US - which was proven false.

We can go on like this for weeks - and you'll be proven wrong every time.

No, no. You are misrepresenting. None of what you write is true. Not one word.
There has never been anyone killed in an intentional shooting by an Uzi.
Many more children drown in pools than are killed accidentally by guns
Doctors are responsible for that many deaths. Show me proof it is not so.
I refuted your claim that Mexico was awash in guns from the U.S. And others refuted the claim that 90% came from the U.S. a claim made in a link you posted but obviously didnt read.

Meanwhile you claim that countries with low rates of gun ownership have low rates of crime and vice versa. Proven false.
You claim that guns increase the likelihood of violent death in a household. Proven false.
Every claim you have made for gun control has been proven false. There is no claim that can be made for the effectiveness of gun control laws that wll stand up to scrutiny.

Forum List

Back