For acludem

Originally posted by acludem
All your response was was a smokescreen for the fact you know I'm right, the editors and publishers of American newspapers, that is the people who make the decisions, are overwhelmingly CONSERVATIVE!!!!!! Read the article, dammit.

Just read it again for your benefit. It speaks of who they would vote for in 2000 and who they think would win. I don't see that as meaning they are overwhelmingly conservative. You think you can erase the 30 years prior and 4 years since with one article. Well, you can't. The reporters admit it. The newscasters admit it. Most of the public sees it. Their articles and news coverage prove it - there is a liberal bias.

Originally posted by acludem
According to the numbers you continue to throw in my face, most journalists are liberal and so slant coverage, I am throwing numbers in your face that you are trying to ignore that show that the people who are making the decisions about what goes into the papers each day are largely conservative, this would run counter to your claim of bias.

Obviously, you've decided to call me names and ignore the facts I've presented, that means I won the argument.

acludem

You haven't won shit except in your still developing brain. One instance of voting doesn't even come close to covering the entire media. There were probably thousands of stories to report on in 2000 alone, and you've touched on just one. Now take these issues year after year after year. Sorry, this is miniscule on the grand scale. My data reflects on many, many years - not one issue.

I see ACLU's problem. He like I did a few years ago, would bring information from class. Stuff that couldnt be found anywhere except in library journals that only had access to on campus or from a textbook. I would quote things that the teacher had said in class to other people or message boards on the internet. when people would question my information, i defiantly said its there, don't worry bout it. After awhile i realized that this doesnt hold weight. you need more than one source to carry your arguements. When i started looking for other sources, i saw the light. There is more than one side to a story. Not everything you are taught in the classroom is accurate and factual. I learned this firsthand.

When i was younger (Im 23 now, im talking 18 then) i thought i knew it all. I was in college, the world be damned. Ive learned so much more in these 5 years than i had learned in the previous 18. And i will learn even more in the next 5, and the next 5. The point is, we need to evolve to achieve understanding. If we box ourselves into one way of thinking, we grow stagnant and we die, emotionally, intellectually and sometimes physically.

Universities teach hatred for the right. Many students accept this as truth and never bother to think for themselves. Sure, communism, cool.

Forum List

Back