For 2008, do we want a moderate or conservative Republican leader?

Big Blue Machin said:
Why, you import more from us than we import from you. The your trade deficit with Canada.

http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2005/06/13/daily3.html

We have a trade deficit with Canada. That means that our economy loses money by trading with you, while your economy gains money. We stop trading, you lose out on all that American money. Therefore, it is you, not us, who benefit monetarily from the trade.

Big Blue Machin said:
I'm sorry, but I just think that Republicans or America aren't ready for a black or woman or both leader.

I'm not going to say you're totally wrong, but I'm not going to say you're right either. There are certain areas of the country where Condi Rice would be a tough sell, just the same as there are certain areas where Hillary Clinton would be a tough sell. However, I don't think it's any different than the tough sell a northeastern Liberal like John Kerry was in certain areas, or the tough sell a guy from Texas named Bush was in other areas.

Then, look at the other side of the coin. There are people like me, and even more so GOP Jeff, that look at Condi and say, "There's somebody that could make a good president." It's likely Condi would get some votes because of the simple fact that she is a black woman.

Are we ready for a black president, or a woman president, or both? Well, there are certain areas of Mississippi someone like Condi might want to avoid campaigning in, but I think we are more ready than you might think. If somebody gets the job done, they could be pink and purple polka dot and most people won't care.

Big Blue Machin said:
Do you seriously think that the Republicans will nominate a black woman? I'm not sexist but it seems contradicting that the Republicans would nominate a black woman because they have not a fan of minority rights or women's rights.

Three times the Republicans asked a black man to run, three times they were refused. You are basing this on what evidence, anecdotal evidence that is contrary to reality? Clearly that must be the case.

They are not a fan that the government are the source of an individual's rights. They are most certainly fans of actual minority rights. If you notice there are more people of color working in this administration than any previous administration in history. This is a fundamental thing that you will need to see if you will understand the next statement. Republicans work to actually recognize the person rather than the color, Democrats only recognize the color and as long as they get the vote they can actually care less about giving the job to a black person. Howie Dean had 0 people of color in his Administration while he was a Governor, he is the DNC Chairman for the gods' sakes!

The most fundamental difference between the Republican Party and the Democrat Party when it comes to individuals of color is the Republicans will actually hire the people that are qualified, even if they don't get their votes, while the Democrats won't hire them for actual positions of power but expect their vote.

Jimmyeatworld said:
I'm not going to say you're totally wrong, but I'm not going to say you're right either. There are certain areas of the country where Condi Rice would be a tough sell, just the same as there are certain areas where Hillary Clinton would be a tough sell. However, I don't think it's any different than the tough sell a northeastern Liberal like John Kerry was in certain areas, or the tough sell a guy from Texas named Bush was in other areas.

Then, look at the other side of the coin. There are people like me, and even more so GOP Jeff, that look at Condi and say, "There's somebody that could make a good president." It's likely Condi would get some votes because of the simple fact that she is a black woman.

Are we ready for a black president, or a woman president, or both? Well, there are certain areas of Mississippi someone like Condi might want to avoid campaigning in, but I think we are more ready than you might think. If somebody gets the job done, they could be pink and purple polka dot and most people won't care.

I would LOVE Condi Rice as president!!!

Do people in cabinet usually run for a nomination? I don't think that anyone notable has in recent history (please correct me if I'm run). I also wonder if Condi has a hunger for the Presidency. Right down, she has the second most powerful position in the White House, and she doesn't need to be elected by the people.

Big Blue Machin said:
Do people in cabinet usually run for a nomination? I don't think that anyone notable has in recent history (please correct me if I'm run). I also wonder if Condi has a hunger for the Presidency. Right down, she has the second most powerful position in the White House, and she doesn't need to be elected by the people.

It really depends on who they are. So long as they are known in the Party they can run for the nomination. Shoot even if they are not known they can run, they won't win but they could run. Condi is a rather popular figure in the Party right now and I think she would stand a good chance of getting the nod. The last woman that we wanted to nominate was Libby Dole, she didn't run that year and lost much of her popularity later. We attempted to shanghai Colin Powell three times, but all three times he refused to run for the nomination.

Big Blue Machin said:

I don't know if she has a hunger for the presidency but she certainly has the credentials and the intelligence. My only concern would be Muslim countries who have a problem with women in general and believe they should be subjogated to men although Margaret Thatcher dealt with it well. Most cabinet members usually take on other positions within cabinets depending upon which administration comes to power, there is usually minimal cross over. Allan Greenspan comes to mind as one of the most notable people that has served under many different administrations. Most of our presidential candidates come from the Senate, or Governorships.

Big Blue Machin said:

Presidents Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, and JQ Adams were all Secretary of State prior to being President. It's not unheard of, just not common.

-Cp said:
Better question, how many blacks and/or women served in Clinton's administration compared to GWB's?

CP you forgot to mention Billy Bobs "Surgeon General" What was her name...she was so dumb I forgot her name!...Well she was a Black Female who spent 4years talking about masturbation and dildos...There were so many outstanding minorities for him to chose from and he picked the one who would support his BJ's in the Whitehouse....... :suck:

ThomasPaine said:
Conservative the whole way. Liberalism is in need a of complete and utter purge from the federal government. I say once the enemy is on the run FINISH HIM!!! The libs are on their last legs and it's way past time to cut those out. You know the only thing that is down the middle of the road? A YELLOW STRIPE!!!
Guiliani is better than McCain ( A Democrat in wolf's clothing) but either is unacceptable. A conservative will out. We shall see through the next couple of years. But no middlers, thank you and have a pleasant tommorow.

WHERE are you FROM?

Seriously! Last legs? Liberalism is RAMPANT in the government right now.

I suspect that you have been neo-conned into believing that those people in power right now are actual conservatives.

Please read this
http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2003/cr071003.htm
by Ron Paul, (R) Texas

In fact, I'm going to make a new thread altogether

Max Power said:
WHERE are you FROM?

Seriously! Last legs? Liberalism is RAMPANT in the government right now.

I suspect that you have been neo-conned into believing that those people in power right now are actual conservatives.

Please read this
http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2003/cr071003.htm
by Ron Paul, (R) Texas

In fact, I'm going to make a new thread altogether

You do know that Ron Paul is a Libertarian that joined the R Party in an attempt to revise it to fit more with Libertarian ideals, don't you? I have taken his example to heart and done the same thing recently.

www.rlc.org

no1tovote4 said:
You do know that Ron Paul is a Libertarian that joined the R Party in an attempt to revise it to fit more with Libertarian ideals, don't you? I have taken his example to heart and done the same thing recently.

www.rlc.org

Ahh, found it ! :thup:

ThomasPaine said:
Conservative the whole way. Liberalism is in need a of complete and utter purge from the federal government. I say once the enemy is on the run FINISH HIM!!! The libs are on their last legs and it's way past time to cut those out. You know the only thing that is down the middle of the road? A YELLOW STRIPE!!!
Guiliani is better than McCain ( A Democrat in wolf's clothing) but either is unacceptable. A conservative will out. We shall see through the next couple of years. But no middlers, thank you and have a pleasant tommorow.

I'm just wondering when Republicans went from being the moderates to being the extremists. Kind of an interesting evolution to watch, to tell the truth. And, if you support Democratic values, how do you justify seeing more than half the country as "the enemy"?

I'd also point out that the majority of the Republican party itself is made up of moderates like Arlen Spector, Chris Shays, Christie Whitman, George Pataki, etc.

jillian said:
I'm just wondering when Republicans went from being the moderates to being the extremists. Kind of an interesting evolution to watch, to tell the truth. And, if you support Democratic values, how do you justify seeing more than half the country as "the enemy"?

I'd also point out that the majority of the Republican party itself is made up of moderates like Arlen Spector, Chris Shays, Christie Whitman, George Pataki, etc.
Where do you get that those congress people are in the 'majority' as far as representation goes? Links please or at least a damn good narrative....

Kathianne said:
Where do you get that those congress people are in the 'majority' as far as representation goes? Links please or at least a damn good narrative....

Who says I'm talking about the extremists in Congress? (Although for the most part, they aren't of the fringe like the Rick Santorums) I'm talking about real, grass roots Republicans.

What makes you think that the party is all extremists?

Forum List

Back