Football's future if the players win

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Apr 8, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Roger Goodell wrote an op-ed in today's WSJ with this subject as the title. It's proprietary, so I don't think I can post a link. But anyway here are the main points:

1. No draft. Colege players would be free to negotiate and sign with anybody.

2. No minimum payroll. Wanna buy a title, like the Marlins did a few years back?

3. No minimum player salary.

4. No standard guarantee to players who suffer a season ending injury. Players would negotiate for whatrever they could get.

5. No league wide agreements on benefits, whatever each team does would be up to them and whatever each player can negotiate.

6. No limits on free agency. Wanna buy a title?

7. No league wide rules on offseason training, each team would have it's own req'ts.

8. No league wide drug testing program.

The day the NFL turns into this is the day I stop watching or paying attention to football.

Roger Goodell wrote an op-ed in today's WSJ with this subject as the title. It's proprietary, so I don't think I can post a link. But anyway here are the main points:

2. No minimum payroll. Wanna buy a title, like the Marlins did a few years back?

4. No standard guarantee to players who suffer a season ending injury. Players would negotiate for whatrever they could get.
5. No league wide agreements on benefits, whatever each team does would be up to them and whatever each player can negotiate.

7. No league wide rules on offseason training, each team would have it's own req'ts.

The day the NFL turns into this is the day I stop watching or paying attention to football.

The players want this? :doubt:

Colin Cowherd made a good point that the Football Players Union has the least power of all the sports but is the best run and most valuable sports league in the world. The MLB has the strongest Players Union and that sport is becoming more and more irrelevant in terms of viewership and attendance. On the other hand it might just be the sports the each league offers and nothing to do with the Players Unions.

YAY!!!!! Seattle Seahawks will win every Superbowl from here on out!!! Suck hind tit!!! You LOSERS!!!!

GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

YAY!!!!! Seattle Seahawks will win every Superbowl from here on out!!! Suck hind tit!!! You LOSERS!!!!

GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! GO HAWKS!!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

In Paul Allen I trust:

championship1-1.jpg

Seahawks will be Yankees West!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

attribution bro....;)

I do disagree with some of it but I prefer if the players don't just run away with the league.

The salary cap in Football is one of my favorite things. The balance playing field, wow. Like an old IROC race, see who can drive or play!

Forum List

Back