Football Field-Sized Asteroid Could Strike Earth in September

0617e892-3cd8-4c73-892d-2fc4884ffa27.jpg

According to Fox News, the object is 164 feet wide. More than likely, the asteroid will sail past the Earth at a distance of 4.2 million miles. But if a collision does happen, scientists believe it will occur Sept. 9.

The prediction came from the European Space Agency, which has asteroid 2006QV89 on its top 10 list of objects that are at risk of slamming into the Earth.

I don’t see any dire warning of impending doom. I sure hope it doesn’t come down anywhere near Vegas – buy maybe somewhere west of here wouldn’t be all that bad.

More
@ Football Field-Sized Asteroid Could Strike Earth in September

164 feet wide....

If it landed in the middle of NYC it would take out most of the city.

Jo
How about if it landed on the US capital building ? I've been praying for this asteroid for over 50 years
Celestial term limits.

According to Fox News, the object is 164 feet wide. More than likely, the asteroid will sail past the Earth at a distance of 4.2 million miles. But if a collision does happen, scientists believe it will occur Sept. 9.

The prediction came from the European Space Agency, which has asteroid 2006QV89 on its top 10 list of objects that are at risk of slamming into the Earth.

I don’t see any dire warning of impending doom. I sure hope it doesn’t come down anywhere near Vegas – buy maybe somewhere west of here wouldn’t be all that bad.

More

164 feet wide....

Jo
How about if it landed on the US capital building ? I've been praying for this asteroid for over 50 years
Celestial term limits.
Empire term limits.......one can hope

More

164 feet wide....

Jo
While I like your optimism much smaller strikes in Russia indicate that if the object either is going supersonic a mile above NYC or has enough volatiles to cause multiple strikes NYC will suffer damages in the trillions and casualties that will make 9/11 look minor.
rein103.jpg

if it's the size of a football field, wouldn't it be great if it actually landed IN A FOOTBALL FIELD???!!

Just read where another one nobody saw coming just missed us by a few hundred thousands miles - very close by celestial standards.

Although I wouldnot mind an economical defense it appears we are getting ready for a ten quadrillion dollar boon doggle to protect the earth from asteroids and comets. There will be many contractors and scientists at the islands doing the conga in massive parties.

Forum List

Back