Football Crowds Boo Black Star as Aussies Battle Racism

It would be nice to see a video of the Athlete being booed and what he did to celebrate the score. Tyson said that he did something that was unique to celebrate. Well, what exactly did that athlete do? I'm all for freedom of speech but I am likely to boo someone who is giving me the bird.

I agree with Tyson on one thing, lets stop looking at people in terms of race because it's not important. Of course that would mean the end of affirmative action!

Okay, I went back to the OP and read the linked article. Were the Aussies booing him because of racism or were the booing him because he is an ass. Perhaps both are true to a degree.......I don't know!

Mike Tyson bit off a chunk of Evander Holyfield's ear and ate it during the championship heavyweight bout.
Wrong Tyson.

I heard he started a chicken factory after that.
BBQ Tyson chicken is good tasting. Better than that is a pig in the pit with hot rocks and covered with banana leaves.

It would be nice to see a video of the Athlete being booed and what he did to celebrate the score. Tyson said that he did something that was unique to celebrate. Well, what exactly did that athlete do? I'm all for freedom of speech but I am likely to boo someone who is giving me the bird.

I agree with Tyson on one thing, lets stop looking at people in terms of race because it's not important. Of course that would mean the end of affirmative action!

Okay, I went back to the OP and read the linked article. Were the Aussies booing him because of racism or were the booing him because he is an ass. Perhaps both are true to a degree.......I don't know!

Mike Tyson bit off a chunk of Evander Holyfield's ear and ate it during the championship heavyweight bout.
Wrong Tyson.

I heard he started a chicken factory after that.
BBQ Tyson chicken is good tasting. Better than that is a pig in the pit with hot rocks and covered with banana leaves.
I had me some pulled pork BBQ and some ribs this weekend. Who ever arranges my funeral is going to need to find some extra pallbearers because my casket is going to be extra heavy.

Adam Goodes always had a section of opposition fans against him, he was considered by some to be a "bighead," and a "stager" for free kicks. The situation escalated when he singled out a young girl on live television, which did not go down too well with a lot of fans. From there it turned into a circus.

Thanks for the video.

It's difficult for an outsider like me to understand. It seemed like the boos we coming from the fans of the opposing team.

Having lived in a society in which the race card is played unjustly (sometimes), I like to give people the benifit of a doubt.

I guess some of the fans called him a "monkey".

At least thats what DeGrasse was responding to i think.

Does this happen in the US?
Havent seen this in NFL, neither in NBA.

A 13year old Collingwood supporter...girl...called him an "ape"......and she was abused roundly by the PC dickheads for doing so. She didn't have a clue that it was a racial thing; just the guy was in the opposing team and it was giving her team a beating. Later he became an "anti-racism" icon the PC mob were Obamered!! He went so far as to invent a celebratory "move" that showed him spearing his opponent's supporters.

Now frankly I love to hate him; not because he's black...but because the bastard is such a damn good player and he contributes largely to wins over MY TEAM!!! The crowd booed him because he was a wanker; NOT because he was black.

That's how I and many others saw it anyway. But really; "ape" regarding a footballer?? Sounds like much of a muchness...no matter what colour they are!!

Goodes abuse: teen didn't know 'ape' was racist, says McGuire

Mind you; what they are calling "racist" these days is anything that questions excusing/giving handouts to peopleBECAUSE of their colour.

Greg

This seems to be the general view, which makes sense...

In Europe football, fans would "destroy" opponent players...

but as a side note; he is not "Black", he is "Aboriginal" :)

In America he's Aboriginal; here he's bloody Adam Goodes....bastard of a player from bloody Sydney Swans!!! Some are pushing the "black" shit here and most are lefty dickheads. I think the Aboriginal stuff is just old crap and frankly I don't give it much thought.

Greg

This guy is good....

WRONG: he is a spawn of the devil!! As is any player who doesn't play for Nth Melbourne!!! .....apart from the Brisbane Lions of course. They are simply misguided souls.

The point is of course......

So who cares if an opponent is booed?

Greg

Thanks for the video.

It's difficult for an outsider like me to understand. It seemed like the boos we coming from the fans of the opposing team.

Having lived in a society in which the race card is played unjustly (sometimes), I like to give people the benifit of a doubt.

A 13year old Collingwood supporter...girl...called him an "ape"......and she was abused roundly by the PC dickheads for doing so. She didn't have a clue that it was a racial thing; just the guy was in the opposing team and it was giving her team a beating. Later he became an "anti-racism" icon the PC mob were Obamered!! He went so far as to invent a celebratory "move" that showed him spearing his opponent's supporters.

Now frankly I love to hate him; not because he's black...but because the bastard is such a damn good player and he contributes largely to wins over MY TEAM!!! The crowd booed him because he was a wanker; NOT because he was black.

That's how I and many others saw it anyway. But really; "ape" regarding a footballer?? Sounds like much of a muchness...no matter what colour they are!!

Mind you; what they are calling "racist" these days is anything that questions excusing/giving handouts to peopleBECAUSE of their colour.

Greg

Australian Rules Football darling, how does it differ from Rugby....it LOOKS LIKE Rugby....except the players all wear dangerously short shorts :smoke:

Wash you keyboard out!!!! We call it "aerial ping-pong"...very like Gaelic football. Basically it's catch and kick where you can be manhandled if you have the ball. Rugby is like that yank gridiron without the stoppages or forward passes and a real scrums(less so in Rugby league). If it's not North Melbourne playing then frankly they're all poofters...(OK: The wife likes Collingwood but no one else with any brains does)!!

:slap:

OUCH!!! The wife just read it over my shoulder!!

Greg

Oh yes now you mention, it is more like Gaelic Football than Rugby....honestly Mrs. Greg :smoke:

Grumble...at least I don't follow s o cc e r.....except for the Oz side; who are all fantastic players of course.

The problem is when the PC minders get in on the act. They're pathetic morons!!!

Greg

Thanks for the video.

Greg

Australian Rules Football darling, how does it differ from Rugby....it LOOKS LIKE Rugby....except the players all wear dangerously short shorts :smoke:

Wash you keyboard out!!!! We call it "aerial ping-pong"...very like Gaelic football. Basically it's catch and kick where you can be manhandled if you have the ball. Rugby is like that yank gridiron without the stoppages or forward passes and a real scrums(less so in Rugby league). If it's not North Melbourne playing then frankly they're all poofters...(OK: The wife likes Collingwood but no one else with any brains does)!!

:slap:

OUCH!!! The wife just read it over my shoulder!!

Greg

Oh yes now you mention, it is more like Gaelic Football than Rugby....honestly Mrs. Greg :smoke:
..and what's with the "Mrs Greg"?? Handbags at ten paces????

Greg

Adam Goodes always had a section of opposition fans against him, he was considered by some to be a "bighead," and a "stager" for free kicks. The situation escalated when he singled out a young girl on live television, which did not go down too well with a lot of fans. From there it turned into a circus.

Collingwood!!!?? Bloody dirty players...comes with living near the Sewage Works!!

Greg

Is this just stupid??

Maybe he should have looked to the 16yo players earlier!! Of course; simulating spearing your opponents isn't being racist, is it?? lol

Greg

And then there was this...

I hate the Dons more than Sth Melbourne ya mug!!!!

Greg

Another indiginous bloke...missed 19 times in a row....hear the roar!!

Well done, lad...even if you are Sth Melbourne!!

Greg

Although white Australians were rarely rude to me perhaps because I somehow look white, a semi-dark skinned girl approached me with her mates in the Perth city centre and said something rude to me in broad daylight. There was also a lady of Aboriginal descent working at a convenience store and she was racially abused by a white female customer and I have seen many other incidents of everyday racism in Australia. I assume that racism against Aboriginals is pretty common in Australia, which is not limited to football. But unfortunately, most Aussies just don't care about this problem.

Last edited:
Although white Australians were rarely rude to me perhaps because I somehow look white, a semi-dark skinned girl approached me with her mates in the Perth city centre and said something rude to me in broad daylight. There was also a lady of Aboriginal descent working at a convenience store and she was racially abused by a white female customer and I have seen many other incidents of everyday racism in Australia. I assume that racism against Aboriginals is pretty common in Australia, which is not limited to football. But unfortunately, most Aussies just don't care about this problem.

Ma'am; if I ever see racism I step in and I have rarely had to step in. I was drinking at a bar in Texas...(yes; we have a little town called "Texas") with a local bloke when I was informed by one of my footy mates that he was an aboriginal. I said "So??" and no one batted an eyelid. My footy mate asked me later what I thought of him; I responded that he "wasn't a bad sort of a bastard". He nodded and said I was OK. (I was fresh from the city in a sense). I have formed a view after many years that yes; there is a racial divide of a sorts but I don't put it down to racism; there is an "entitlement" problem. Aussies are fiercely egalitarian; once they see an "unfair" system them they respond. Aborigines here are seen as a spectrum; those who are just like the rest of us re jobs etc; those who need a hand up.....again; not a problem...and then those who expect a hand-out...a resented minority. Sounds pretty much a universal situation really.

As for "not caring"...yeah; probably true.

Greg

New Topics

Forum List

Back