Football Crowds Boo Black Star as Aussies Battle Racism

It would be nice to see a video of the Athlete being booed and what he did to celebrate the score. Tyson said that he did something that was unique to celebrate. Well, what exactly did that athlete do? I'm all for freedom of speech but I am likely to boo someone who is giving me the bird.

I agree with Tyson on one thing, lets stop looking at people in terms of race because it's not important. Of course that would mean the end of affirmative action!

Okay, I went back to the OP and read the linked article. Were the Aussies booing him because of racism or were the booing him because he is an ass. Perhaps both are true to a degree.......I don't know!

It would be nice to see a video of the Athlete being booed and what he did to celebrate the score. Tyson said that he did something that was unique to celebrate. Well, what exactly did that athlete do? I'm all for freedom of speech but I am likely to boo someone who is giving me the bird.

I agree with Tyson on one thing, lets stop looking at people in terms of race because it's not important. Of course that would mean the end of affirmative action!

Okay, I went back to the OP and read the linked article. Were the Aussies booing him because of racism or were the booing him because he is an ass. Perhaps both are true to a degree.......I don't know!

Thanks for the video.

It's difficult for an outsider like me to understand. It seemed like the boos we coming from the fans of the opposing team.

Having lived in a society in which the race card is played unjustly (sometimes), I like to give people the benifit of a doubt.

Thanks for the video.

It's difficult for an outsider like me to understand. It seemed like the boos we coming from the fans of the opposing team.

Having lived in a society in which the race card is played unjustly (sometimes), I like to give people the benifit of a doubt.

I guess some of the fans called him a "monkey".

At least thats what DeGrasse was responding to i think.

Does this happen in the US?
Havent seen this in NFL, neither in NBA.

Thanks for the video.

The 13 year old girl that did that was ejected from the game when DeGrasse called her out. Wasn't that two years ago? A sepreate incident than the booing at this game.

If a black man is called a monkey in the US it would be considered racist. If a white man is called a monkey in the US it would not be considered racist.
Sometimes the race card is used as a shield from redicule.

In the US it is not uncommon for a player to be booed by the fans of an opposing team if he performs some sort of unusual celebration that can be interpreted as " rubbing it in the face" of the other team and its fans.

Thanks for the video.

A 13year old Collingwood supporter...girl...called him an "ape"......and she was abused roundly by the PC dickheads for doing so. She didn't have a clue that it was a racial thing; just the guy was in the opposing team and it was giving her team a beating. Later he became an "anti-racism" icon the PC mob were Obamered!! He went so far as to invent a celebratory "move" that showed him spearing his opponent's supporters.

Now frankly I love to hate him; not because he's black...but because the bastard is such a damn good player and he contributes largely to wins over MY TEAM!!! The crowd booed him because he was a wanker; NOT because he was black.

That's how I and many others saw it anyway. But really; "ape" regarding a footballer?? Sounds like much of a muchness...no matter what colour they are!!

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...e-was-racist-says-mcguire-20130526-2n64f.html

Mind you; what they are calling "racist" these days is anything that questions excusing/giving handouts to peopleBECAUSE of their colour.

Greg

Thanks for the video.

A 13year old Collingwood supporter...girl...called him an "ape"......and she was abused roundly by the PC dickheads for doing so. She didn't have a clue that it was a racial thing; just the guy was in the opposing team and it was giving her team a beating. Later he became an "anti-racism" icon the PC mob were Obamered!! He went so far as to invent a celebratory "move" that showed him spearing his opponent's supporters.

Now frankly I love to hate him; not because he's black...but because the bastard is such a damn good player and he contributes largely to wins over MY TEAM!!! The crowd booed him because he was a wanker; NOT because he was black.

That's how I and many others saw it anyway. But really; "ape" regarding a footballer?? Sounds like much of a muchness...no matter what colour they are!!

Goodes abuse: teen didn't know 'ape' was racist, says McGuire

Mind you; what they are calling "racist" these days is anything that questions excusing/giving handouts to peopleBECAUSE of their colour.

Greg

This seems to be the general view, which makes sense...

In Europe football, fans would "destroy" opponent players...

but as a side note; he is not "Black", he is "Aboriginal" :)

Thanks for the video.

Greg

In America he's Aboriginal; here he's bloody Adam Goodes....bastard of a player from bloody Sydney Swans!!! Some are pushing the "black" shit here and most are lefty dickheads. I think the Aboriginal stuff is just old crap and frankly I don't give it much thought.

Greg

Yeah they couldn't have booed him because he was a colossal asshole so they must all be racists

Funny how Blacks say they want a colorless society then cry racism when they get treated like everyone else

Thanks for the video.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...e-was-racist-says-mcguire-20130526-2n64f.html

Greg

Australian Rules Football darling, how does it differ from Rugby....it LOOKS LIKE Rugby....except the players all wear dangerously short shorts :smoke:

Thanks for the video.

Greg

Australian Rules Football darling, how does it differ from Rugby....it LOOKS LIKE Rugby....except the players all wear dangerously short shorts :smoke:

Wash you keyboard out!!!! We call it "aerial ping-pong"...very like Gaelic football. Basically it's catch and kick where you can be manhandled if you have the ball. Rugby is like that yank gridiron without the stoppages or forward passes and a real scrums(less so in Rugby league). If it's not North Melbourne playing then frankly they're all poofters...(OK: The wife likes Collingwood but no one else with any brains does)!!

:slap:

OUCH!!! The wife just read it over my shoulder!!

Greg

Thanks for the video.

Greg

Regarding the shorts; they're probably superglued on so they don't fall down....except North Melbourne of course. Their's held up by their manhood!!!

Greg

Thanks for the video.

Greg

Wash you keyboard out!!!! We call it "aerial ping-pong"...very like Gaelic football. Basically it's catch and kick where you can be manhandled if you have the ball. Rugby is like that yank gridiron without the stoppages or forward passes and a real scrums(less so in Rugby league). If it's not North Melbourne playing then frankly they're all poofters...(OK: The wife likes Collingwood but no one else with any brains does)!!

:slap:

OUCH!!! The wife just read it over my shoulder!!

Greg

Oh yes now you mention, it is more like Gaelic Football than Rugby....honestly Mrs. Greg :smoke:

Thanks for the video.

Greg

Regarding the shorts; they're probably superglued on so they don't fall down....except North Melbourne of course. Their's held up by their manhood!!!

Greg

"except North Melbourne of course. Their's held up by their manhood!!!"

Okay so I can be in North Melbourne in 26 hours, plane....26 hours on and I'm there....:dev2:

Mike Tyson bit off a chunk of Evander Holyfield's ear and ate it during the championship heavyweight bout.

Thanks for the video.

Greg

In America he's Aboriginal; here he's bloody Adam Goodes....bastard of a player from bloody Sydney Swans!!! Some are pushing the "black" shit here and most are lefty dickheads. I think the Aboriginal stuff is just old crap and frankly I don't give it much thought.

Greg

This guy is good....

Mike Tyson bit off a chunk of Evander Holyfield's ear and ate it during the championship heavyweight bout.

:D

:D

The Code of Hammurabi, Ten Commandments and Magna Carta are good laws.

Wrong Tyson.

I heard he started a chicken factory after that.

Forum List

Back