Football 2016

Nelson got hurt by no one touching him, that could happen in practice. Cobb was by contact. Pre-Season or not injuries happen.
Ok. The point is they already lost their best wr and because of that they didn't play Rodgers. You know that's why they sat him. They didn't want to take a chance. So why play Cobb then? It's not like the guy was in desperate need of game reps. NFL veterans don't NEED preseason. They get plenty of action throughout training camp.

If you get hurt during the regular season well then so be it. Nothing you can do about it.

Nelson got hurt by no one touching him, that could happen in practice. Cobb was by contact. Pre-Season or not injuries happen.
Ok. The point is they already lost their best wr and because of that they didn't play Rodgers. You know that's why they sat him. They didn't want to take a chance. So why play Cobb then? It's not like the guy was in desperate need of game reps. NFL veterans don't NEED preseason. They get plenty of action throughout training camp.

If you get hurt during the regular season well then so be it. Nothing you can do about it.

Okay, that is one opinion.

Sam Bradford was looking an awful lot like Aaron Rodgers out there last night.

yeah i could not believe that score.thought for sure by now he would have taken a hit and be out for the season.i wish him well.He never had a good supporting cast around him when he was with the Rams,plus having Brian Shittenheimer as your offensive coordinater can kill a quarterbacks career.lol.Idiot Fisher finally got rid of him and nobody else in the NFL picked him up.He is out of pro football now.:lmao:

He would be a nobody if Marty wasnt his father.If not for him,he never would have had an NFL job.

Being in Chip Kellys system could do wonders to resurrect his career.

Plus he will be much happier now playing in a city where the majority of the fans at the home games are not from the opposing team and it always felt like he was playing on the road all the time.:lmao::haha::rofl:
It wasn't so much the score that interested me as it was his poise and accuracy. I haven't seen an Eagles QB look that good in a long time. I don't even think I can say Donovan looked that good. Donovan was never a passer he just extended plays and made something out of nothing but then would come out on the next play and throw a ball at a wide open receiver's feet. If Bradford stays healthy this is a top 3 team in the NFC

I will go as far to say, that we will be in the NFC championship game.

Would you have played Cobb?

Yep, for a little bit.

Yep, for a little bit.
He did play for a little bit, and got hurt :lol:

And for what? Do you honestly think getting a quarter of action in would somehow make or break his regular season performance?

yeah i could not believe that score.thought for sure by now he would have taken a hit and be out for the season.i wish him well.He never had a good supporting cast around him when he was with the Rams,plus having Brian Shittenheimer as your offensive coordinater can kill a quarterbacks career.lol.Idiot Fisher finally got rid of him and nobody else in the NFL picked him up.He is out of pro football now.:lmao:

He would be a nobody if Marty wasnt his father.If not for him,he never would have had an NFL job.

Plus he will be much happier now playing in a city where the majority of the fans at the home games are not from the opposing team and it always felt like he was playing on the road all the time.:lmao::haha::rofl:
It wasn't so much the score that interested me as it was his poise and accuracy. I haven't seen an Eagles QB look that good in a long time. I don't even think I can say Donovan looked that good. Donovan was never a passer he just extended plays and made something out of nothing but then would come out on the next play and throw a ball at a wide open receiver's feet. If Bradford stays healthy this is a top 3 team in the NFC

I will go as far to say, that we will be in the NFC championship game.
Almost no one expects him to play all 16 games. I'm not really sure why though. I mean I get the knee surgeries and all but barring getting his knee blown out for a third time why would people think he can't play out a full season? If he doesn't damage the knee again I don't see any other reason to just automatically expect him to miss games. No one knows this guy's true potential after being stuck in that St. Louis offense for 4 years. But what he showed last night is that in a real offense he can pick you apart.

Yep, for a little bit.

And for what? Do you honestly think getting a quarter of action in would somehow make or break his regular season performance?

Do you honestly think that you can protect them? Hell, most of these guys get hurt in practice, let's just stop having practice. gg

Yep, for a little bit.

Do you honestly think that you can protect them? Hell, most of these guys get hurt in practice, let's just stop having practice. gg

You deny Paulies' point, which is a valid one.

Yep, for a little bit.

You're being obtuse. You throw a guy in a preseason game and you have guys on the defense trying to earn a roster spot that would love nothing more than to fucking lay out a Randall Cobb and make an impression. You're not going to have that in practice. You're not going to have Terrell Suggs going for your reconstructed knee in practice.

And don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not one of the people trying to advocate for less preseason games. I think these games are vital... FOR FIGURING OUT WHO'S WORTH KEEPING. I already know Randal Cobb is worth keeping. I don't need to see him play full speed NFL football against thirsty opposing defenders in a meaningless game for one quarter. His performance on game day week 1 is going to be exactly the same whether he played preseason game 3 or not.

It's really no different than when you have #1 seed clinched by week 16 and you sit your starters week 17. Why do you sit them? Because no one wants them getting hurt in a meaningless game.

All I can say is, GLAD I ain't a Packer fan, as Jordy Nelson was lost for the season today.
Good to be a Detroit Lion. Seems no matter how good we are gb is always better. I guess having a better qb helps as Rogers and favre are two hof'ers

Just wondering sealy,forget you are a Lions fan for a second,wouldnt you hate the packers if you lived in the midwest and everywhere you went,all you ever saw was green bay packers stuff in your city? I mean it would make sense if you saw bear fans everywhere since you were in the midwest but freaking packers fans all the time?:mad:

there sure are a bunch of freaking bandwagon fans here in my city.I mean it was unheard of back in the 80's and early 90's to see packer fans anywhere in my city when they were horrible.

Now all of a sudden since they have been one of the best teams over the years since Farve and Holmgren resurrected their franchise,now all of a sudden everybody loves them here? makes me sick.:mad::rolleyes:

It used to be when the Raiders were in LA the two teams i hated the most were them and the Cowboys,that I did care which one won because i hated them both equally.NOW the freaking packers have replaced the raiders as the team i hate equally as much as the dallas fagboys.

If the cowboys had not been gift wrapped that game against your Lions in that playoff game and they had actually EARNED the right to advance to play in green bay,i would not have cared who won between those two teams only wanting dallas to lose because of the fact that game against your Lions was given to them,giftwrapped to them by the home town refs in dallas.
For some reason I don't hate greenbay. I hate Dallas though. Americas team. Ha!

Green Bay is okay by me.

The Cowboys for the reason you gave. Seattle because I got stuck watching a loser every weekend. The Patriots because they think they are all that and a bag of chips.
I agree except I kind of like Seattle. I wouldn't if they won back to back but they've been humbled. Sort of like now I like lebron now because he's not invincible.

Yep, for a little bit.

In your opinion it is valid, what about them not practicing at all, that is where the majority of preseason injuries come from.

All I can say is, GLAD I ain't a Packer fan, as Jordy Nelson was lost for the season today.
Good to be a Detroit Lion. Seems no matter how good we are gb is always better. I guess having a better qb helps as Rogers and favre are two hof'ers

Just wondering sealy,forget you are a Lions fan for a second,wouldnt you hate the packers if you lived in the midwest and everywhere you went,all you ever saw was green bay packers stuff in your city? I mean it would make sense if you saw bear fans everywhere since you were in the midwest but freaking packers fans all the time?:mad:

there sure are a bunch of freaking bandwagon fans here in my city.I mean it was unheard of back in the 80's and early 90's to see packer fans anywhere in my city when they were horrible.

Now all of a sudden since they have been one of the best teams over the years since Farve and Holmgren resurrected their franchise,now all of a sudden everybody loves them here? makes me sick.:mad::rolleyes:

It used to be when the Raiders were in LA the two teams i hated the most were them and the Cowboys,that I did care which one won because i hated them both equally.NOW the freaking packers have replaced the raiders as the team i hate equally as much as the dallas fagboys.

If the cowboys had not been gift wrapped that game against your Lions in that playoff game and they had actually EARNED the right to advance to play in green bay,i would not have cared who won between those two teams only wanting dallas to lose because of the fact that game against your Lions was given to them,giftwrapped to them by the home town refs in dallas.
For some reason I don't hate greenbay. I hate Dallas though. Americas team. Ha!

Green Bay is okay by me.

The Cowboys for the reason you gave. Seattle because I got stuck watching a loser every weekend. The Patriots because they think they are all that and a bag of chips.
Ha! I always say all that and a bag of nuts lol
It's chips. Say it right and snap your finger with one hand and other hand on hip.

Yep, for a little bit.

You're being obtuse. You throw a guy in a preseason game and you have guys on the defense trying to earn a roster spot that would love nothing more than to fucking lay out a Randall Cobb and make an impression. You're not going to have that in practice. You're not going to have Terrell Suggs going for your reconstructed knee in practice.

I'm not, coaches know a hell of a lot more than you or I. There is a reason they play them. The nature of the game is hurting each other.

Yeah having a quarterback now and one who played well last night obviously,if he stays healthy,then sounds like they could be a serious superbowl contender.Before i was thinking seahawks and cardinals-if palmer stays healthy,and maybe packers.Big MAYBE now that nelson is out for season but your eagles could be in the race as well it sounds like.

btw speaking of Bradford,I assume you remember seeing his first press conference in philly on ESPN when he dissed the fans of st louis saying -wow,theres more people in this room than there is in the stadium in st louis? he really stuck it to them back then.classic.:lmao::lmao::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::haha::haha::haha::haha::happy-1::happy-1:
Let's make this game interesting. I'm rooting for Oakland you Arizona.

Yep, for a little bit.

In your opinion it is valid, what about them not practicing at all, that is where the majority of preseason injuries come from.
I wouldn't be arguing this much of Nelson hadn't already gone down for the season. At that point, why risk the next wr on the chart? I just think it's stupid. And I made my point about the difference between practice and a preseason game.

Yep, for a little bit.

I didn't wanna see Murray in there at all. A little Ryan Mathews is fine and the first team o-line, a little Jordan, and Bradford. There was no other choice but to play Bradford because he actually NEEDED the reps at game speed with his first teamers. That was a risk worth taking because he's obviously not playing next week and i wouldn't want him having to shake the rust off in week 1 in Atlanta. Especially since it's prime time. He had to be out there yesterday. But guys like Murray and sproles et al didn't need to play.

Yep, for a little bit.

I didn't wanna see Murray in there at all. A little Ryan Mathews is fine and the first team o-line, a little Jordan, and Bradford. There was no other choice but to play Bradford because he actually NEEDED the reps at game speed with his first teamers. That was a risk worth taking because he's obviously not playing next week and i wouldn't want him having to shake the rust off in week 1 in Atlanta. Especially since it's prime time. He had to be out there yesterday. But guys like Murray and sproles et al didn't need to play.
I'm excited. Even enjoying this Monday night scrimmage.

Yeah having a quarterback now and one who played well last night obviously,if he stays healthy,then sounds like they could be a serious superbowl contender.Before i was thinking seahawks and cardinals-if palmer stays healthy,and maybe packers.Big MAYBE now that nelson is out for season but your eagles could be in the race as well it sounds like.

btw speaking of Bradford,I assume you remember seeing his first press conference in philly on ESPN when he dissed the fans of st louis saying -wow,theres more people in this room than there is in the stadium in st louis? he really stuck it to them back then.classic.:lmao::lmao::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::haha::haha::haha::haha::happy-1::happy-1:
My raiders up 6 zero at the half. I smell a Superbowl!

Forum List

Back