Food Stamps Used For Starbucks

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpUC09cv5FA]oregon food stamps used for starbucks frappuccinos - YouTube[/ame]

I have said before and will maintain:

The food stamp program needs to be regulated with a much heavier hand.

Misleading title and bit of a misleading video. The only reason why the woman was allowed to purchase at that particular Starbucks was because it was in-store. The investigation even pointed out that she couldn't at a stand-alone Starbucks.

Furthermore, the video points out how food stamp recipients don't receive very much per month. Certainly goes against the grain for those who seem to think that those on food stamps are riding off the government and get gourmet meals every night at the government's expense.

Misleading title and bit of a misleading video. The only reason why the woman was allowed to purchase at that particular Starbucks was because it was in-store. The investigation even pointed out that she couldn't at a stand-alone Starbucks.

Furthermore, the video points out how food stamp recipients don't receive very much per month. Certainly goes against the grain for those who seem to think that those on food stamps are riding off the government and get gourmet meals every night at the government's expense.

Its still a Starbucks. Its still a coffee and a snack.

It does not matter how much they receive now does it? If they get 10 bucks...that is 10 bucks meant for food. The point is they can blow it on a coffee and a treat instead of what it is intended for.

If government can require McDonalds to have a nutritional value on a happy meal, then the government should put a nutritional value on food stamps and what it should be allowed to purchase.

Junk food, snack food, soda, candy....should all be off list.

It does not matter how much they receive now does it? If they get 10 bucks...that is 10 bucks meant for food. The point is they can blow it on a coffee and a treat instead of what it is intended for.

If government can require McDonalds to have a nutritional value on a happy meal, then the government should put a nutritional value on food stamps and what it should be allowed to purchase.

Saying it's still a Starbucks like the OP phrased it is misleading. It seems to say that I can walk into any stand-alone corporate Starbucks and buy a coffee when that isn't the case. This loophole can be fixed fairly easily.

The debate about what should be allowed to be purchased with food stamps is a entirely different debate. I'm simply saying that the OP's title was misleading, which it was. That much cannot be refuted.

She was also only allowed to buy the cold frappuccino & not a hot coffee or food item. They certainly had to look for that loophole.

Saying it's still a Starbucks like the OP phrased it is misleading. It seems to say that I can walk into any stand-alone corporate Starbucks and buy a coffee when that isn't the case. This loophole can be fixed fairly easily.

The debate about what should be allowed to be purchased with food stamps is a entirely different debate. I'm simply saying that the OP's title was misleading, which it was. That much cannot be refuted.

Loophole or not...it is still a Starbucks. Loophole or not they can still use their food stamps to purchase coffee and cake.

Loophole or not...it is still a Starbucks. Loophole or not they can still use their food stamps to purchase coffee and cake.

I'm unsure as why you're being obtuse about this. :dunno:

If you want to look at things not only black & white but with a slant then be my guest. However, this is a very specific loophole that the investigation was trying to find since they failed to get the same order at a regular Starbucks. Not much really to argue here, if anything.

Forum List

Back