Food stamps or junk food stamps?

C;mon, Iam...report my 'trolling'.

Now, answer my question: How do you know the WOMAN in line in front of you has children?

Oh I don't know...maybe because she had a little girl standing very close to her, actually leaning on her part of the time...that looked a whole lot like her.

I know, I know - a giant leap to think that a woman with a child standing right next to her that looks a heckuva lot like her is her child,,is a really big leap of faith.
And besides...it isn't the basis of my argument at all...just what your trolling is trying to make it.
Oh, how convenient that you NOW tell this.

And, if she didn't you still want to dictate what she injests.

It doesn't get more authoritarian than that, Iam.

(This is no longer the minor leagues. USMB is the Show. Let's see how you fare, Stalin.)

So besides pestering people you can't read either Si Mocoso?
WTF you talking about "NOW you tell this"?

In the OP..
"I am standing in the "fast lane" looking at what this women and daughter in front of me were buying"

Or perhaps I should have typed..
I am standing in the "fast lane" looking at what this woman and child that looks just like her, standing near her - but I won't say her daughter, cause that might uspset Si Mocoso..wouldn't want her to say it is her daughter...just because she looks just like her and is standing right beside her...oh no - I wouldn't do that since it is the basis of my whole argument is buying in front of me"...

And who is it on here who thinks it should be considered child abuse to feed your kids things they don't approve of??

I can't remember. It's supremely stupid, though.

See that is just it, i am not saying that parents cannot feed thier children what ever damn junk they want. Its their children and their choices.

What i am saying is that parents should pay for that junk out of their own pockets and with money THEY EARN THEMSELVES.

And who is it on here who thinks it should be considered child abuse to feed your kids things they don't approve of??

See that is just it, i am not saying that parents cannot feed thier children what ever damn junk they want. Its their children and their choices.

What i am saying is that parents should pay for that junk out of their own pockets and with money THEY EARN THEMSELVES.

be careful, that kind of thinking might cause a brat to follow you around the forum.

Oh I don't know...maybe because she had a little girl standing very close to her, actually leaning on her part of the time...that looked a whole lot like her.

I know, I know - a giant leap to think that a woman with a child standing right next to her that looks a heckuva lot like her is her child,,is a really big leap of faith.
And besides...it isn't the basis of my argument at all...just what your trolling is trying to make it.

(This is no longer the minor leagues. USMB is the Show. Let's see how you fare, Stalin.)

In the OP..
"I am standing in the "fast lane" looking at what this women and daughter in front of me were buying"

I am standing in the "fast lane" looking at what this woman and child that looks just like her, standing near her - but I won't say her daughter, cause that might uspset Si Mocoso..wouldn't want her to say it is her daughter...just because she looks just like her and is standing right beside her...oh no - I wouldn't do that since it is the basis of my whole argument is buying in front of me"...
You think I'm upset? :lol:

Nope.

OK, so you did say that in the OP. You got me, Stalin. Yet, you do not know if that is her daughter.

As Eggy said, next time, before you vomit it up on a forum, try letting the woman know of your superiority over her because she is on assistance and not buying what you think she needs to buy. Real world...give it a shot sometime.

Or, just continue being a Stalinesque keyboard warrior in the safety of your home and/or office.

And of those on assistance who are not feeding children, just themselves? You and others get to dictate what s/he injests? That is some intrusion.

In the OP..

They were probably talking about the creeper behind them in line and laughing at you on their way home.

And of those on assistance who are not feeding children, just themselves? You and others get to dictate what s/he injests? That is some intrusion.
no one is saying they want to control what she ingests, just they dont want to PAY for it via taxes

see that is just it, i am not saying that parents cannot feed thier children what ever damn junk they want. Its their children and their choices.

What i am saying is that parents should pay for that junk out of their own pockets and with money they earn themselves.
and of those on assistance who are not feeding children, just themselves? You and others get to dictate what s/he injests? That is some intrusion.
no one is saying they want to control what she ingests, just they dont want to pay for it via taxes

bingo....

no one is saying they want to control what she ingests, just they dont want to PAY for it via taxes
The assistance program already exists and tax dollars are taken for it. Reversing that, as you know, is near close to impossible.

So we create more government to regulate. We have a panel of functionaires make a list of acceptable consumable food stuffs - they can take a year to argue whether bologna, ramen noodles, and Spaghetti-Os arejunk food or not and whether organic produce can be included or is a luxury and whether caviar should be a luxury, and lobster, and items from Whole Foods, etc. - and we all would feel better about it.

Then, we have others makesure it is enforced.

Seems like a nightmare. KISS. Consumable food stuffs. No one seems to be starving, so far.

No where have i said anything about dictating what people eat? I make no distinction between people with children or not.

What i am saying is that in my opinion food stamps should not allow junk food. ( soda, candy, chips, packaged cookies and cakes ect.) If a person or parent wants those kinds of things then they should pay for it out of their own pockets with money they earn.

I'm telling you, I converted on this one, and not too long ago. I sympathize with people on food stamps, I regret they get glared at and spoken to disrespectfully in the store...but I think, considering it's charity, we have the right to determine what exactly we're paying for.

Here's the societal issue regarding this: Government hand-outs aren't considered charity; they have morphed into that special thing known as a "Positive Right".

This is why the government will never limit the usage to healthy foods. "The government owes me that money because I'm poor and I have a right to spend it on whatever food I want."

Real charities hand out food, which is why they are more effective in feeding people than is the government.

The assistance program already exists and tax dollars are taken for it. Reversing that, as you know, is near close to impossible.

So we create more government to regulate. We have a panel of functionaires make a list of acceptable consumable food stuffs - they can take a year to argue whether bologna, ramen noodles, and Spaghetti-Os arejunk food or not and whether organic produce can be included or is a luxury and whether caviar should be a luxury, and lobster, and items from Whole Foods, etc. - and we all would feel better about it.

Then, we have others makesure it is enforced.

Seems like a nightmare. KISS. Consumable food stuffs. No one seems to be starving, so far.
in days gone by when they actually had "stamps" to turn in, this would be nearly impossible
but today the computers can easily be programed what foods would be allowed to be purchased

i'd have no problem if sodas, snack cakes, potato chips, and the like were eliminated from that program

No where have i said anything about dictating what people eat? I make no distinction between people with children or not.

What i am saying is that in my opinion food stamps should not allow junk food. ( soda, candy, chips, packaged cookies and cakes ect.) If a person or parent wants those kinds of things then they should pay for it out of their own pockets with money they earn.

Who decides what is junk food and a luxury food? I say bologna, Ramen noodles, and Spaghetti-Os are junk food. I say organic produce is a luxury.

I bet many who are smart eaters might agree with me.

Sounds like creating more government to deal with a government program.

I'm telling you, I converted on this one, and not too long ago. I sympathize with people on food stamps, I regret they get glared at and spoken to disrespectfully in the store...but I think, considering it's charity, we have the right to determine what exactly we're paying for.

Here's the societal issue regarding this: Government hand-outs aren't considered charity; they have morphed into that special thing known as a "Positive Right".

This is why the government will never limit the usage to healthy foods. "The government owes me that money because I'm poor and I have a right to spend it on whatever food I want."

Real charities hand out food, which is why they are more effective in feeding people than is the government.

Thank God the sane have returned to this thread...I promise I will not feed the trolls again...ugh.

At any rate, you are of course correct.
I said somewhere in these two threads that Food Stamps are not a right in the same manner as it is your right to spend the money you earn as you see fit. The two are NOT the same.
Otherwise why limit food stamps to food, why not just give them debit cards and forget the whole thing.

Who decides what is junk food and a luxury food? I say bologna, Ramen noodles, and Spaghetti-Os are junk food. I say organic produce is a luxury.

while i might agree those foods might not be the most healthy for someone to eat a steady diet of
but can you honestly say that anyone would argue that soda, chips, and snack cakes are junk food or not?

My question is should the food stamp program allow "junk" food to be purchased on tax payers dollars? Should soda, chips, candy, pre-made cookies and cakes now be disallowed?

NO.

YES.

Only healthy food should be purchased with food stamps. And I might even go so far as to say that food stamps should only be used for children.

I agree with you in your assessments of what you are considering junk food and luxury food.

Though i would consider bologna a lunch meat and would allow raman noodles.

Can we agree on soda, candy, chips, pre popped popcorn, packaged cookies and cakes being junk food?

Forum List

Back