Food stamps or junk food stamps?

I am not talking about cutting foodstamps. I think that there is a real need for them. I am saying that some items should not be allowed.

Luxuries are something you have to work for, they should not come free.

And that is basically the same approach I have.
It really isn't whatever savings you could get out of it - the real issue is what they buy with it.
When you consider how little the $ amount is for a family of four they get in food stamps...buy 4 12 packs of pop is HORRIBLY irresponsible of the parent to waste it on such crap as that.
And how the hell do you know that WOMAN in line in front of you has children, Iam?

More baseless assumptions from you, as usual.

And more trolling from you, as usual.

Food stamps offer best stimulus - study - Jan. 29, 2008

I think cutting foodstamps would do more damage.

I am not talking about cutting foodstamps. I think that there is a real need for them. I am saying that some items should not be allowed.

Luxuries are something you have to work for, they should not come free.

It really isn't whatever savings you could get out of it - the real issue is what they buy with it.
When you consider how little the $ amount is for a family of four they get in food stamps...buy 4 12 packs of pop is HORRIBLY irresponsible of the parent to waste it on such crap as that.

Dictating and regulating perceived responsibilies...

A leftist approach if I've ever known one :thup:

And how the hell do you know that WOMAN in line in front of you has children, Iam?

how many people without children get food stamps?

A lot.
Lots of people on my caseload have no kids. Quite a few are young adults, some are older adults whose kids aren't in the HH anymore but who aren't eligible for SSB yet; lots and lots of fs recipients are disabled adults with no kids in the home or elderly folks. SSI and SSD recipients.

Percentage...15 percent of fs recipients are adults. I don't know what the percentage is for adults without kids in the hh.

I work for a family that gets $250 in foodstamps. And they do buy chips and pop, but they also buy items that you would probably approve of.

Most food stamp recipients are children, and most of the adults on foodstamps work.

That's great Allie. Then the parents can buy the junk food and soda with the money they EARN. Which would leave more food stamp money for real food for the children.

Asking you a valid question is trolling?

Boy, are you flailing.

Attachments

• $brat.jpg
    $brat.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 41

A lot.
Lots of people on my caseload have no kids. Quite a few are young adults, some are older adults whose kids aren't in the HH anymore but who aren't eligible for SSB yet; lots and lots of fs recipients are disabled adults with no kids in the home or elderly folks. SSI and SSD recipients.
Yes, a lot. As I said, I know a PhD who recently went on assistance.

I know who is the superior person between her and Iam - hands down.

A lot.

Look it's Si Mocoso..

Boy, are you flailing.

C'mon, Iam...report my 'trolling'. :lol:

Now, answer my question: How do you know the WOMAN in line in front of you has children? That seems to be a huge part of your argument. So, how is it that you made that assumption?

Or, are you too wrapped up in your emotions to see the basic logic of the question?

I would bet on the latter, fool.

Last edited:
A lot.

Look it's Si Mocoso..
Awwwww, don't like it when a woman outs you as a reactionary authoritarian?

Now, a valid question stands, Dodge.

Boy, are you flailing.

C;mon, Iam...report my 'trolling'.

Now, answer my question: How do you know the WOMAN in line in front of you has children?

Oh I don't know...maybe because she had a little girl standing very close to her, actually leaning on her part of the time...that looked a whole lot like her.

I know, I know - a giant leap to think that a woman with a child standing right next to her that looks a heckuva lot like her is her child,,is a really big leap of faith.
And besides...it isn't the basis of my argument at all...just what your trolling is trying to make it.

I work for a family that gets $250 in foodstamps. And they do buy chips and pop, but they also buy items that you would probably approve of.

Most food stamp recipients are children, and most of the adults on foodstamps work.

That's great Allie. Then the parents can buy the junk food and soda with the money they EARN. Which would leave more food stamp money for real food for the children.

Exactly.
And it's not like this isn't somethign the rest of the world doesn't do. I have two birthdays coming up, and I'm broke! I didn't save my money (it was VACATION TIME!) and didn't plan...so this year's birthdays will not be as spectacular as last year's,when I gave my daughter a digital camera, we had two bakery cakes (one per birthday kid) and lots of little stuff as well.

This year, I'll be making the cake, and gifts will be token. That's what you do when you don't have enough money. You IMPROVISE and budget. Everybody does it, and yes, we do it with our groceries as well.

I just like watching so-called conservatives dictate and regulate their perceived responsibilities of others.

It makes me wonder why they don't vote D.

Charity is what it is. What form it takes is dictated by the people who give, not the people who take.

Now, answer my question: How do you know the WOMAN in line in front of you has children?

Oh I don't know...maybe because she had a little girl standing very close to her, actually leaning on her part of the time...that looked a whole lot like her.

I know, I know - a giant leap to think that a woman with a child standing right next to her that looks a heckuva lot like her is her child,,is a really big leap of faith.
And besides...it isn't the basis of my argument at all...just what your trolling is trying to make it.
Oh, how convenient that you NOW tell this.

And, if she didn't you still want to dictate what she injests.

It doesn't get more authoritarian than that, Iam.

(This is no longer the minor leagues. USMB is the Show. Let's see how you fare, Stalin.)

I just like watching so-called conservatives dictate and regulate their perceived responsibilities of others.

It makes me wonder why they don't vote D.

It is not just the conservatives dictating what people should eat.

The ban on the sugary drinks are part of the Mayor's war on obesity and to improve the health of residents in San Francisco, following in the steps of First Lady Michelle Obama.

Soda Ban in Effect in San Francisco City Vending Machines | United States | Epoch Times

And who is it on here who thinks it should be considered child abuse to feed your kids things they don't approve of??

I can't remember. It's supremely stupid, though.

Oh, how convenient that you NOW tell this.

And, if she didn't you still want to dictate what she injests.

It doesn't get more authoritarian than that, Iam.

(This is no longer the minor leagues. USMB is the Show. Let's see how you fare, Stalin.)
i dont see where he said he wanted to control what she ingests
just he doesnt want her to BUY it on the tax payer dime

That's exactly what my supervisor said.

She said they can eat what they want, but we should only pay for certain, necessary things.

Forum List

Back