food stamps on the rise

Horse shit, the last four recessions? I guess you were one of those liberals screaming bloody murder when unemployment went from 5.4 to 5.6 unemployment while bush was president back in 2006+?

2006 wasn't about the economy, it was about the war. and the inept response to Katrina.

Dumbass. Try again.

Blame the mayor of New Orleans for the damage due to floods, the city dropped the ball.

Last edited:
Yeah its a damned shame that so many workers cannot find livable wages, isn't it?

Well that's what happens when we give every advantage to capital and force labor to pay the price for it.

Horse shit, the last four recessions? I guess you were one of those liberals screaming bloody murder when unemployment went from 5.4 to 5.6 unemployment while bush was president back in 2006+?

2006 wasn't about the economy, it was about the war. and the inept response to Katrina.

Dumbass. Try again.

Blame the mayor of New Orleans for the damage due to floods, the city dropped the ball.

Still happened on Bush's watch. But again, you miss the point. The people didn't turn over the congress beause they were upset about 5.6 unemployment, they did it because Bush got us into a war that had turned unpopular and you had those images of bodies floating down a river.

Too bad you are too stupid to understand the real implications of this.

The problem, of course, is that after 32 years of making war on the middle class, 40% of those on Food Stamps have at least one person in the family who has a job.

In short, jobs don't pay enough to put food on the table even for those who do try.

And this is where "conservatives" have shot themselves in the foot.

In the never ending quest to make sure No Billionaire is Left Behind, and a Dressage Horse in every Stable, the GOP has managed to totally hollow out the middle class.

And instead of kindly going off and dying, the working class poor get food stamps, section 8 housing and Medicaid....

And then they totally vote for more of that shit.

How a political party shoots itself in the head.... by making voters dependent on the other team.

The middle class was killed by unions and illegal immigrants. Not by billionaires. stop lying.

Now....just hold on there!

I our friend ErroneousJoe were to 'stop lying,' we'd never hear from him again!!!

So, you rather have less fortunate families starve and resort to violence to get what they need?

I think it's important to figure out how to solve this problem while treating it, not pulling the plug and telling all of them to suffer.

They have expanded the welfare system to a point that it makes for a comfortable life style.

LOL! I stopped reading right there. If you think getting welfare is such a comfortable lifestyle maybe you should try it.

If you believe it to be scratching out an existence, poopsy, you should consider doing some research...see where your technique, "I stopped reading," has gotten you?

... "a one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year." And that excludes benefits from Supplemental Security Income disability checks. America is now a country which punishes those middle-class people who not only try to work hard, but avoid scamming the system."
In Entitlement America, The Head Of A Household Of Four Making Minimum Wage Has More Disposable Income Than A Family Making $60,000 A Year | ZeroHedge

So, you rather have less fortunate families starve and resort to violence to get what they need?

I think it's important to figure out how to solve this problem while treating it, not pulling the plug and telling all of them to suffer.

Starve????

Wow!
Have you been hornswoggled.

Amazing what they can get you to say when you're as dumb as a box of rocks.

"As a group, America's poor are far from being chronically undernourished. The average consumption of protein, vitamins, and minerals is virtually the same for poor and middle-class children and, in most cases, is well above recommended norms. Poor children actually consume more meat than do higher-income children and have average protein intakes 100 percent above recommended levels. Most poor children today are, in fact, supernourished and grow up to be, on average, one inch taller and 10 pounds heavier than the GIs who stormed the beaches of Normandy in World War II."
How Poor Are America's Poor? Examining the "Plague" of Poverty in America

Again???

"Most poor children today are, in fact, supernourished and grow up to be, on average, one inch taller and 10 pounds heavier than the GIs who stormed the beaches of Normandy in World War II."

Wise up.

Too bad you are too stupid to understand the real implications of this.

The problem, of course, is that after 32 years of making war on the middle class, 40% of those on Food Stamps have at least one person in the family who has a job.

In short, jobs don't pay enough to put food on the table even for those who do try.

And this is where "conservatives" have shot themselves in the foot.

In the never ending quest to make sure No Billionaire is Left Behind, and a Dressage Horse in every Stable, the GOP has managed to totally hollow out the middle class.

And instead of kindly going off and dying, the working class poor get food stamps, section 8 housing and Medicaid....

And then they totally vote for more of that shit.

How a political party shoots itself in the head.... by making voters dependent on the other team.

The middle class was killed by unions and illegal immigrants. Not by billionaires. stop lying.

Now....just hold on there!

I our friend ErroneousJoe were to 'stop lying,' we'd never hear from him again!!!

Yet neither you nor Willow tree were able to refute my main point.

If you lower working class wages to a point people have to go to the government to keep on living, what possible incentive do they have to EVER vote for a Republican?

This is where you dumb-asses have been self-defeating. You saw labor as part of the enemy camp and set out to destroy it, but you made the enemy stronger.

In 1984, Reagan managed to get 60% of the Union Household vote despite the leadership of unions supporting Mondale.

In 2008, that number dropped to 41% for John McCain.

And this is in households that are still getting a good union paycheck and still have good reason to vote Republican, as they pay more taxes than they receive government benefits.

For those outside unions, the guy who works for Staples and has to get Food Stamps and Section 8 and Medicare, damn straight he's going to vote for Democrats.

Let's see if Bizarro Girl can refute this point without going off on 20 irrelevent tangents.

Starve????

Wow!

"As a group, America's poor are far from being chronically undernourished. The average consumption of protein, vitamins, and minerals is virtually the same for poor and middle-class children and, in most cases, is well above recommended norms. Poor children actually consume more meat than do higher-income children and have average protein intakes 100 percent above recommended levels. Most poor children today are, in fact, supernourished and grow up to be, on average, one inch taller and 10 pounds heavier than the GIs who stormed the beaches of Normandy in World War II."

Again???

"Most poor children today are, in fact, supernourished and grow up to be, on average, one inch taller and 10 pounds heavier than the GIs who stormed the beaches of Normandy in World War II."

Wise up.

So you are saying that they shouldn't be allowed to have good meals, because of the statistic of people from 50-60-70 years ago?

Ever heard of genetic engineering and added hormones?
They didn't have that back then.

Starve????

Wow!

Again???

Wise up.

So you are saying that they shouldn't be allowed to have good meals, because of the statistic of people from 50-60-70 years ago?

Ever heard of genetic engineering and added hormones?
They didn't have that back then.

You see, nity....here's the prob- you are exactly what the left needs to maintain their power: your heart is in the right place; it is your head that is lacking.

1. The average family income for working folks is about 50-55k. When all benefits and in-kind transfers are calculated.....the 'poor family' gets more than that. So workers are supporting non-workers with more than the workers make!!!!
Think about that for a minute.

And when reading the propaganda about poverty incomes, realize that they leave out the income transfers from various government programs: benefits are substantial and the recipients pay nothing. Those in the bottom 20% of income recipients receive over 70% of their income in such transfers. Now, why doesn’t the Old Left Media tell this?

a. In 2001 cash and in-kind transfers accounted for 77.8% of said recipients’ income. How fair is it for the Left to tell you that their income is actually 22.2% of what it actually is?
Reynolds, “Income and Wealth,” p. 28

b. This tends to explain how Americans living below the poverty level spend $1.75 for every $1 of income.
The Myth of Widespread American Poverty

2. Do you know how the government calculates the 'poverty line'? I do.
Do you know they generally raise that level each year?

Get a library card....pick up a book, and stop getting your research fed to you by the Daily Show and the NYTimes.

One way to slim up fat poor Americans. Cut out them food stamps. Think of the savings in health care.

Or lets make the receiving of food stamps a scarlet letter kind of thing. Make a mark on their foreheads.

And lets make it a crime for a Republican grocery store owner to accept food stamps. (I am always amazed how rethugs hate guvmint money unless they can benefit from it)

And we should have a method to reward people that turn in food stamp recipients to the police if they trade food stamps for anything other than food.

You with me on these ideas rethugs?

One way to slim up fat poor Americans. Cut out them food stamps. Think of the savings in health care.

Or lets make the receiving of food stamps a scarlet letter kind of thing. Make a mark on their foreheads.

And lets make it a crime for a Republican grocery store owner to accept food stamps. (I am always amazed how rethugs hate guvmint money unless they can benefit from it)

And we should have a method to reward people that turn in food stamp recipients to the police if they trade food stamps for anything other than food.

again i have to wonder why you don't vilify the Obamas. They are rich.

This is truly a stupid post.
Somehow, pointing out both theft, and the weakening of the American character is 'evil.'

You are what's wrong with the country.

Like to help 'poor folks'?
Who's stopping you?

You've seen the word 'Republican' on grocery stores?
Dunce.

'Food stamps' is a scam.

The far-Left journal, Salon, had a fascinating article about the abuse by yuppies....

From same:

1. Mak, 31, grew up in Westchester, graduated from the University of Chicago and toiled in publishing in New York during his 20s before moving to Baltimore last year with a meager part-time blogging job and prospects for little else. About half of his friends in Baltimore have been getting food stamps since the economy toppled, so he decided to give it a try; to his delight, he qualified for $200 a month.

2. “I’m sort of a foodie, and I’m not going to do the ‘living off ramen’ thing,” he said, fondly remembering a recent meal he’d prepared of roasted rabbit with butter, tarragon and sweet potatoes. “I used to think that you could only get processed food and government cheese on food stamps, but it’s great that you can get anything.”

3. But they also note that recent changes made to the program [by Obama] as part of last year’s stimulus package, which relaxed the restrictions on able-bodied adults without dependents to collect food stamps, have made some young singles around the country eligible for the first time.

“There are many 20-somethings from educated families who go through a period of unemployment and live very frugally, maybe even technically in poverty, who now qualify,” said Parke Wilde, a food economist at Tufts University who has written extensively about food stamp usage and policy.
Hipsters on food stamps - Salon.com

4. “You’re hosting dinner parties and buying cases of wine — on taxpayers’ money!” one person wrote. “Your attitude is so objectionable that you’re like a trainwreck; it’s hard to look away.” (One cannot, in fact, buy wine with food stamps, though dinner party ingredients are fair game.)
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/29/us/29foodstamps.html?_r=2

These folks are happy to steal from their neighbors...and you're stupid.
A marriage truly made in.....well, not heaven.

Dumbass. Try again.

Still happened on Bush's watch. But again, you miss the point. The people didn't turn over the congress beause they were upset about 5.6 unemployment, they did it because Bush got us into a war that had turned unpopular and you had those images of bodies floating down a river.

It wasn't Bushes fault when the city did not do or prepare for such a disaster. The Republicans Congress started acting like democrats and got the shit kicked out of them, Just like in 2010 when the democrats got the shit kicked out of them.. You do remember 2010

Forum List

Back