Food stamps for college students

Speaking of handouts....Who wants to bet that if I did a search, I'd find out that Diamond Dave here is in favor of school vouchers? :eusa_whistle:

But the kid certainly can earn his own way... work jobs on the weekend or at night... since he or she CAN take care of themselves, why are they OWED a handout?

If this were a charity or a private organization that helped out VOLUNTARILY... fine.... that is a whole different case...
Owed it? No, not at all. But they are being offered back something that they paid for.

I wonder how you would have answered my FEMA question? If FEMA offered you a couple of hundred bucks after a hurricane blew through your yard, would you take it?

Owed it? No, not at all. But they are being offered back something that they paid for.

I wonder how you would have answered my FEMA question? If FEMA offered you a couple of hundred bucks after a hurricane blew through your yard, would you take it?

So an inefficient government program that maybe gives back 50% of what was put into it would be better than not having that program, ensuring the people are taxed less, and those people can save and invest that money to help put their kids thru school with room and board?

I would use my insurance, and savings or whatever else I personally had... and I would use the emergency services for emergency (getting family out etc)... but I do not believe one bit that the government is there to rebuild your personal house, residence, etc

Why expand a simple and specific example into theoretical concepts?

I'm asking quite simply, if a person is offered a handout, why should they not take it?

And I am simply answering that the handout should not be there in the first place and any person with any kind of personal responsibility or pride should take care of themselves....

As also stated.. if this were a charity or a private organization OFFERING assistance VOLUNTARILY donated for this cause, I have no problem with it.... but the government is not there to take personal responsibility away from anyone and is not there for some Robin Hood wealth redistribution handout center

And I am simply answering that the handout should not be there in the first place and any person with any kind of personal responsibility or pride should take care of themselves....

The question wasn't whether the handout should exist, the question presupposes that it indeed DOES exist. So again, why should anyone turn down an offered handout?

DiamondDave - some of these numb nutz just do not get it! They just like trying to make people think they know what they are talking about :blahblah: ... by blowing smoke out of their A$$! :eusa_whistle:

So an inefficient government program that maybe gives back 50% of what was put into it would be better than not having that program, ensuring the people are taxed less, and those people can save and invest that money to help put their kids thru school with room and board?

I would use my insurance, and savings or whatever else I personally had... and I would use the emergency services for emergency (getting family out etc)... but I do not believe one bit that the government is there to rebuild your personal house, residence, etc
Not rebuild your house, give you emergency relief to the tune of $200. Would you take it or not?

And you aren't answering the other question really, either. Forget if the program is inefficient. Would the kid be justified in applying for the food stamps under the conditions layed out?

The question wasn't whether the handout should exist, the question presupposes that it indeed DOES exist. So again, why should anyone turn down an offered handout?

because YOU are the ONLY one responsible for you....

and if not used, that money could easily be re funneled into something like PAYING OFF THE NATIONAL DEBT...

You just do not get that personal responsibility is key... and that you are not truly owed or entitled to jack shit at the expense of someone else (or many someone elses)

Then it would still be legal! So what's your point?

No I am not a doctor but using common sense works too! Try it sometime! :eusa_shifty:
It's probably a good thing you're a granny. I can just see your kid dying waiting for the results of an allergy test because you wouldn't let him use his best judgment.

Not rebuild your house, give you emergency relief to the tune of $200. Would you take it or not?

And you aren't answering the other question really, either. Forget if the program is inefficient. Would the kid be justified in applying for the food stamps under the conditions layed out?

Justified to take it? Legally he could... unfortunately because of the lefty policies that have this crap in place and have people thinking it is Ok

Would I take $200 to get out of the area or whatever it is supposed to be used for? Considering you could not take any $ out of banks etc to get a hold of money... Yes, I would take the money after asking where and how I pay it back...

And to tell you that that is not BS... When I was much younger, my now Ex-wife went an applied for WIC (when we were both active duty military) when my youngest was born.... she simply did it because she COULD qualify... even though I was willing to work a second job during my off time etc.... I asked the WIC office how I could repay this back. The could not give me an answer (unfortunately). I researched and even asked my local politicians, none of whom could give me an answer. My Ex then got extremely mad when I totaled up how much she had received and donated that exact amount to a women's and children's shelter... even though it hurt financially to do so... because my child is my responsibility, not the government's nor anyone else's

Justified to take it? Legally he could... unfortunately because of the lefty policies that have this crap in place and have people thinking it is Ok

Would I take $200 to get out of the area or whatever it is supposed to be used for? Considering you could not take any $ out of banks etc to get a hold of money... Yes, I would take the money after asking where and how I pay it back...

And to tell you that that is not BS... When I was much younger, my now Ex-wife went an applied for WIC (when we were both active duty military) when my youngest was born.... she simply did it because she COULD qualify... even though I was willing to work a second job during my off time etc.... I asked the WIC office how I could repay this back. The could not give me an answer (unfortunately). I researched and even asked my local politicians, none of whom could give me an answer. My Ex then got extremely mad when I totaled up how much she had received and donated that exact amount to a women's and children's shelter... even though it hurt financially to do so... because my child is my responsibility, not the government's nor anyone else's

I hate to break it to you, but Florida isn't exactly a lefty state.

So, you wouldn't want back money you've already paid into the system, correct?

And the FEMA money was a reimbursement for things like chainsaws, tarps, and generators.

because I am the only one responsible for me... because I take care of myself, as all people should...

you simply do not get the concepts of personal responsibility, self worth, and pride

I do. But that has nothing to do with the question even though you seem to think it does. Regardless, I can tell from your previous post to Ravi that you're completely full of shit anyway. "Where can I pay this back?" :rofl: Good one!

I do. But that has nothing to do with the question even though you seem to think it does. Regardless, I can tell from your previous post to Ravi that you're completely full of shit anyway. "Where can I pay this back?" :rofl: Good one!

Full of shit?? Nope.. full of pride in my ability to take care of myself... full of the values that ones like my grandfather instilled in me....

And yes... I did donate the same amount away to charity that my ex took out of a governmental system

I hate to break it to you, but Florida isn't exactly a lefty state.

So, you wouldn't want back money you've already paid into the system, correct?

And the FEMA money was a reimbursement for things like chainsaws, tarps, and generators.

1) I will not take government handouts because I do not believe in them... I believe in taking care of myself and my family
2) I will do what I can as a citizen to work toward the government eliminating such things of an entitlement/handout nature
3) For things like that, no, I would not take the money from FEMA

1) I will not take government handouts because I do not believe in them... I believe in taking care of myself and my family
2) I will do what I can as a citizen to work toward the government eliminating such things of an entitlement/handout nature
3) For things like that, no, I would not take the money from FEMA
Okay. That's one definite no and one definite yes.

I don't exactly get how it's a handout if you've paid taxes for years, though.

Forum List

Back