Food stamps Are Stimulas?

Govt overspending has been a stimulus since the Reagan era.
Govt spending and easy credit helped mask the problem for a couple of decades. Which gave us more time to dig the hole deeper as opposed to changing paths a couple of decades ago, which would have been much less painful.

Most folks don't even know the personal dangers that they are in when they are thousands upon thousands of dollars in debt.

Oh boy, left or right, democrat or republican, we're in deep crap now because everything is an illusion by the press.

They will not tell the truth for America. I'm a dual citizen. We are ok up here because we faced reality and hit the brakes hard on stimulus bullshit.

America is screwed with the likes of Geithner. Axelrod runs the Whitehouse. It's a nightmare scenario looking at you guys.

To watch you from a distance, it's getting beyond scary.

Considering the US is 25% of the worlds GDP, and a collapse here will devastate the Entire worlds Economy. You should be getting scared. I know I am.

When we lived in Tennessee I became a super coupon queen and got food for 0.0000000 bucks on a regular basis.

I have heard many people make this claim, but I simply do not believe the results are as stellar as you say. I have spent plenty of time going through my newspaper clipping coupons and also on the Internet getting them and while I have managed to save some money, I have never come close to spending only $10 a week on groceries (as the claim goes) nor have I seen any way remotely possible.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9AwxJvAXI4&feature=pyv]Get Free Samples, Free Stuff and Other Cool Freebies - YouTube[/ame]

Yes, but find the free things that you actually need this week.......... My brother goes to these free sites and orders everything he can get for free. I can only guess that he gives away or throws away about 75% of what he gets.

Ask Nancy, and many other Libs. Food Stamps and Unemployment Checks are the single best way to create Jobs and stimulate the Economy. :cuckoo:

Wow, that's what they said? Really? You're being a hundred percent truthful? Sure you are.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-1zcut65-8&feature=related]Pelosi: Unemployment Checks Create Jobs--Tax Cuts To Rich Do Not! - YouTube[/ame]

Perhaps I missed it.

Where did she say that "Food Stamps and Unemployment Checks are the single best way to create Jobs and stimulate the Economy"?

Exactly?

I expect that in some neighborhoods a grocer gets more in govt food stamp money than the grocer paid in federal taxes. Or at least close so in effect he pays no federal taxes.

Um, You do Realize they don't just get the food stamp money right? They actually have to exchange goods to get it? To the Grocer it's no different then if they were paying cash.

It is different in the fact that if the people around there did not get govt paid for food stamps he would have much less sales.
He is getting govt money second handed.

Unlilke tax breaks for the ritch money given to the poor rolls right back in the the pockets of business, creating profits and jobs.

Last edited:
When we lived in Tennessee I became a super coupon queen and got food for 0.0000000 bucks on a regular basis.

I have heard many people make this claim, but I simply do not believe the results are as stellar as you say. I have spent plenty of time going through my newspaper clipping coupons and also on the Internet getting them and while I have managed to save some money, I have never come close to spending only $10 a week on groceries (as the claim goes) nor have I seen any way remotely possible.

One has to do multiples. I would get the Tennessean newspaper on a Sunday. 10. Always had fun joshin with the kid that delivered the paper that I liked to read more than most.

If you really want to know how to do this shit, just let me know. I just scored up here big time for a Canadian moment with suranami flakes. $1.00 off coupon reduced the suranimi to a buck a piece.

I'll take that.

But if you live near anywhere that will give you a double coupon or triple coupon (oh lord, one time just one time I had this and I thought I found heaven) I can show you how to do this.

Let me know. I'll show you. It's actually easy.

Yours,

td

I expect that in some neighborhoods a grocer gets more in govt food stamp money than the grocer paid in federal taxes. Or at least close so in effect he pays no federal taxes.

Um, You do Realize they don't just get the food stamp money right? They actually have to exchange goods to get it? To the Grocer it's no different then if they were paying cash.

It is different in the fact that if the people around there did not get govt paid for food stamps he would have much less sales.

Unlilke tax breaks for the ritch money given to the poor rolls right back in the the pockets of business, creating profits and jobs.

Nobody denies that, But to claim it is the best way to stimulate the Economy is Pure horse shit. At best it sustains it, It's never going to create Growth.

Nobody denies that, But to claim it is the best way to stimulate the Economy is Pure horse shit. At best it sustains it, It's never going to create Growth.

I never said it was the best way to stimulate the economy.
I just said that it has and does continue to support the economy and if removed it would cause the economy and jobs to suffer more than they already are.

Medicare/Medicaid spending is the same way with the medical/drug industry.

I am just pointing out facts, not stating a political stand on this.

Who said it was the "best" way?

Apparently you never watched Extreme Couponing. They did get results like that all the time on that show. The Key is going on days that the store Doubles Coupons, and then matching your purchases to the weekly sales fliers.

Not sure why it was brought up here though as Coupons are paid for by Business not the government. So not sure how this is relevant at all.

On a side note: We have no stores the double Coupons around here and my wife still manages to save 50% on almost every trip to the Grocery Store using Coupons.

Ask Nancy, and many other Libs. Food Stamps and Unemployment Checks are the single best way to create Jobs and stimulate the Economy. :cuckoo:

With regard to aid to the unemployed, they were citing a document prepared for Congress by the CBO at the beginning of 2010 called "Policies for Increasing Economic Growth and Employment in 2010 and 2011."

Cumulative Effects of Policy Options on Employment in 2010 and 2011,
Range of Low to High Estimates

website_graphic.png

Nancy Pelosi.

On Many occasions

“It is the biggest bang for the buck when you do food stamps and unemployment insurance. The biggest bang for the buck,” she said.

She makes the baseless and Insane claim that every dollar spent on them Comes back as 1.79 Dollars in GDP Growth.

Of course anyone with a brain knows that is horse shit, and if she were right we could spend 10 Trillion dollars and get 17.9 Trillion in GDP growth. Why would we ever stop spending lol. Pay everyone not to work, and give them all food stamps and the economy will boom.

With regard to aid to the unemployed, they were citing a document prepared for Congress by the CBO at the beginning of 2010 called "Policies for Increasing Economic Growth and Employment in 2010 and 2011."

Cumulative Effects of Policy Options on Employment in 2010 and 2011,
Range of Low to High Estimates

website_graphic.png

I don't care who she sited, Claiming it is the best way to stimulate the economy and create Jobs is pure Horse shit. It is a good way to keep people from Starving, or losing their homes and stuff, But there are many other ways of stimulating Job growth that work far better than Unemployment Checks.

How can you even argue with the cold hard fact that over 90% of people on unemployment find work with in 6 weeks of running out of Benefits. How can you say that is does not encourage people to not look for work until the last min when confronted with those numbers, and if you acknowledge that, How can you possibly think Unemployment is an effective way to create Jobs.

Last edited:

Nancy Pelosi.

On Many occasions

“It is the biggest bang for the buck when you do food stamps and unemployment insurance. The biggest bang for the buck,” she said.

She makes the baseless and Insane claim that every dollar spent on them Comes back as 1.79 Dollars in GDP Growth.

Of course anyone with a brain knows that is horse shit, and if she were right we could spend 10 Trillion dollars and get 17.9 Trillion in GDP growth. Why would we ever stop spending lol. Pay everyone not to work, and give them all food stamps and the economy will boom.

And again..you guys are something else.

I ask for a simple task..and you can't even do it.

When the FUCK did she say it was the BEST way to do stimulus.

Is that to fucking hard for you to do?

B-E-S-T.

It's a fucking 4 Letter word.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9AwxJvAXI4&feature=pyv]Get Free Samples, Free Stuff and Other Cool Freebies - YouTube[/ame]

Yes, but find the free things that you actually need this week.......... My brother goes to these free sites and orders everything he can get for free. I can only guess that he gives away or throws away about 75% of what he gets.

I go to an MCC place. Mennonites. I have true collector clothing. I'm a vogue rock and roll chick. I know my clothes. And I know them well.:lol:When I buy suede or leather I am bang on the money even though I still live in the middle of nowhere.

Now back to what you can get at a Krogers? I'll give a lesson on that will make your head spin. Now you can take my advice or you can flush it, but I really can tell you how to at least get a little bit ahead.

Nancy Pelosi.

On Many occasions

The stat that truly makes return on dollars spent bogus is the horrendous amount of fraud that occurs in SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program). Every state has staggering amounts of fraud (that's just what they actually catch)- Also SNAP funding to Puerto Rico, American Samoa, and the Northern Marianas amounts to 0 dollars spent here.

It would be better to have welfare workers distributing food to the needy instead of food stamp cards. If you have a need get in a food distribution line. Currently almost every community have food banks. Lets use the money for SNAP to stock them with food- at least we could be better assured of actual food going to the truly needy.

Wow, that's what they said? Really? You're being a hundred percent truthful? Sure you are.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-1zcut65-8&feature=related]Pelosi: Unemployment Checks Create Jobs--Tax Cuts To Rich Do Not! - YouTube[/ame]

Did you listen to what she said? What part was wrong?

One has to do multiples. I would get the Tennessean newspaper on a Sunday. 10. Always had fun joshin with the kid that delivered the paper that I liked to read more than most.

If you really want to know how to do this shit, just let me know. I just scored up here big time for a Canadian moment with suranami flakes. $1.00 off coupon reduced the suranimi to a buck a piece.

I'll take that.

But if you live near anywhere that will give you a double coupon or triple coupon (oh lord, one time just one time I had this and I thought I found heaven) I can show you how to do this.

Let me know. I'll show you. It's actually easy.

Yours,

td

Yeah, I really would. I'm raising an 8 year old by myself and while I make good money, kids are expensive. PM me. You don't have to be real detailed. Just the basics. I can figure out the rest from there.

Did you listen to what she said? What part was wrong?

Pelosi is completely correct.

But she never ever said that it was the best way to do stimulus...in this video.

Forum List

Back