Food Stamp Use Surges to An All-Time High of 45.8 Million

Private charity is not sufficient, because too many Americans have done well by the system but do not want to support the social compact. Fuck em. They will support the compact. Nuff said.

Conservatives donate more to charity than liberals, but thanks for the marxist inspired words, comrade......

Silly goof: :lol: "marxist inspired"? Silly goof. :lol:

All Americans benefit from good government, and sometimes we get to help others, which helps ourselves as well. You will get your chance to help when you grow up and go to work, driveby.

You're half right for once, i only worked a half day this Thursday, the other half of the day i spent playing golf in a charity event for the Wounded Warrior Project. Sadly, the event didn't generate quite as much interest as they thought it might, decided to double my donation (which ended up being several hundred dollars). But you keep up the bad work, projecting and aligning yourself with the marxists. :thup:

World's Largest Golf Outing

I provided a link just in case you or anyone else would like to donate........:cool:

Social democracy is not social and not marxism.

To suggest anything of the sort reveals either a woeful ignorance of terms and definitions or an attempt to redefine accepted terms and definitions.

I commend you on your donations.

Give it to Americans who are making a legit effort to get out of the hole.

Not 10 generations of drug addicts and inner-city thugs who are living off the system and have no desire to even look for work

moral hazard is always the issue. The solution as regards food stamps is to limit what you can buy with them: 2% milk, rice, beans, potatoes, whole wheat bread, fresh fruit and vegetables. This would cut the cost by 70% and largely prevent moral hazard, and in the worst case insure that no one would ever go hungry in America no matter how bad the liberals screw up the economy.

“The total number of U.S. food stamp recipients” recently rose “to an all-time high of 45.8 million people." ]

Liberals must be thrilled. Now, if they can just keep all those people on food stamps long enough to become dependent and start to see them as a normal part of their lives to which they are entitled, the democrats can pencil in a few more 'take 'em for granted then fuck 'em' votes.

The average food stamp benefit was $133.80 per person” — which is more than I spent on food as a bachelor — “and $283.65 per household” — which is more than my family typically spends on food in a month.

How big is your family?

I suppose it's possible to spend that little in a month on food, if you buy everything at Costco or something similar, in bulk, and use the leverage having plenty of money gives you to find the best bargains, but while it may be possible it certainly isn't easy.

In general, you folks coming up with ridiculous theories about why food stamp usage is up might want to consider the obvious: we have very high unemployment right now and a lot more people than before NEED food stamps.

Most of us either have been, or will be on some sort of government program

might be unemployment, food stamps, or SS , medicare, medicade, pensions ,etc

now i know you self made libertopians out there eshew this

so here's my Q to you

given the CHOICE, would you rather see your tax $$$$'s spent on these programs for AMERICANS, or would you rather be spending it on foriegn nationals?

~S~

Give it to Americans who are making a legit effort to get out of the hole.

Not 10 generations of drug addicts and inner-city thugs who are living off the system and have no desire to even look for work

10 generations of welfare?

Really?

10 generations is about 200 years, Lad.

Get a grip on reality.

Food Stamp Use Surges to An All-Time High of 45.8 Million

Sad isn't it?

45.8 million Americans whose incomes are not 130% of the official poverty rate.

I was on the SNAP program a couple years ago for about a year until my income came back on line.

That safety net came in mighty handy that year, let me tell you.

Without that, and heating assistence I'd have had to sell my home and then probably become a total ward of the state.

It was an embarrassment at first to use the card, but as so many of my neighbors find themselves ALSO for the first time needing help, I got used to it.

Never thought I'd be needing that kind of help, of course, but I am damned glad it was there when I needed it.

Nothing wrong with a SHORT TERM safety net... run by private charity, supported by donations, not taxes. That's the way it SHOULD be.

You know, That would be one deduction I'd consider having if we put in a flat tax, and that's charitable deductions to these types of programs. Then people would be doing their duty to help their fellow man in the way they see fit, and we don't then have to suffer under onerous taxation to support causes we find immoral or just plain don't support.

Ah yes, let us go back to the time of Dickens. We all know how well that worked. You Goddamned stupid asses should spend a year homeless, sick, and hungry.

Sad isn't it?

45.8 million Americans whose incomes are not 130% of the official poverty rate.

I was on the SNAP program a couple years ago for about a year until my income came back on line.

That safety net came in mighty handy that year, let me tell you.

Without that, and heating assistence I'd have had to sell my home and then probably become a total ward of the state.

It was an embarrassment at first to use the card, but as so many of my neighbors find themselves ALSO for the first time needing help, I got used to it.

Never thought I'd be needing that kind of help, of course, but I am damned glad it was there when I needed it.

Nothing wrong with a SHORT TERM safety net... run by private charity, supported by donations, not taxes. That's the way it SHOULD be.

You know, That would be one deduction I'd consider having if we put in a flat tax, and that's charitable deductions to these types of programs. Then people would be doing their duty to help their fellow man in the way they see fit, and we don't then have to suffer under onerous taxation to support causes we find immoral or just plain don't support.

Ah yes, let us go back to the time of Dickens. .

Wrong country, idiot.

Even SNAP benefits are not intended to completely feed people. It is a supplemental program. Not supposed to stuff your face forever more.

Ah yes, let us go back to the time of Dickens. We all know how well that worked. You Goddamned stupid asses should spend a year homeless, sick, and hungry.

I've spent many a year homeless, sick and hungry. I'm old enough to have been homeless, sick and hungry long before welfare, food stamps, medicaid or any other public benefits that we take for granted today. It worked VERY WELL at forcing people to take care of themselves. One of the worst errors we have made as a culture is to make poverty comfortable. Poverty should be so horrible, so terrible, and so PAINFUL that people make different decisions. Get a job. Go pick lettuce.

Private charity is not sufficient, because too many Americans have done well by the system but do not want to support the social compact. Fuck em. They will support the compact. Nuff said.

Conservatives donate more to charity than liberals, but thanks for the marxist inspired words, comrade......
conservatives usually have/make more money than liberals.

I've spent many a year homeless, sick and hungry. I'm old enough to have been homeless, sick and hungry long before welfare, food stamps, medicaid or any other public benefits that we take for granted today. It worked VERY WELL at forcing people to take care of themselves. One of the worst errors we have made as a culture is to make poverty comfortable. Poverty should be so horrible, so terrible, and so PAINFUL that people make different decisions. Get a job. Go pick lettuce.

Considering that the poverty rate before such programs were implemented was at least as high as afterwards, if not higher, your theory would not seem to be borne out by observable reality. In science, that would mean you need to reexamine your theory.

Yep we have lots of cheap labor in nursing homes for the elderly. Lots of lettuce pickers.
Lots of them in the elementary schools as well.

Just an unreasonable post in response to another unreasonable post.

Considering that the poverty rate before such programs were implemented was at least as high as afterwards, if not higher, your theory would not seem to be borne out by observable reality. In science, that would mean you need to reexamine your theory.

Absolutely true. Government programs have greatly mitigated the % of people in poverty and its harshness to an extent.

Forum List

Back