Food Stamp rolls plummet in states that restore work requirements

there are all kinds of COMPLICATIONS in "work requirements" re welfare. It is NOT as
simple as it might seem. ----as in----"oh ---just suggest that they work and they DROP OUT
LIKE FLIES"--------the complications refer to the kind of work they are asked to do and their
abilities to do it. Commonly the requirements include stuff like "clean up the parks"-------
some people who are not judged "disabled"-----cannot actually DO that work. ------
and sometimes the OVERSEERS are sadistic tyrants. Little old ladies (that could mean anyone
past 45) are sometimes severely afflicted with osteoarthritis-----stuff like that

Very deceptive article:
They still can get snap even if they work 80 hours a month, unless they make more than 7.25 which is the Fed Min Wage (which it is in many GOP states). It has been this way for a long time, only during times of high unemployment is work requirements not met. If only we can quit the corp welfare , that would be great, lower sales tax for all.

Who gets SNAP and do they work?

Most SNAP participants who can work, do work. SNAP rules require all recipients meet work requirements unless they are exempt because of age or disability or another specific reason. Children, seniors, and those with disabilities comprise almost two-thirds of all SNAP participants. Among households that include someone who is able to work, more than 75 percent* had a job in year before or after receiving SNAP. Forty-three percent of SNAP participants live in a household with earnings.

Some of these working individuals are ABAWDs, or able-bodied adults without dependents. ABAWDs must meet special work requirements, in addition to the general work requirements, to maintain their eligibility.

Who is considered an ABAWD?

An ABAWD is a person between the ages of 18 and 49 who has no dependents and is not disabled. ABAWD stands for Able Bodied Adult Without Dependents.

What is the ABAWD time limit?

ABAWDs can only get SNAP for 3 months in 3 years if they do not meet certain special work requirements. This is called the time limit.

Able-Bodied Adults Without Dependents (ABAWDs) | Food and Nutrition Service

Very deceptive article:
They still can get snap even if they work 80 hours a month, unless they make more than 7.25 which is the Fed Min Wage (which it is in many GOP states). It has been this way for a long time, only during times of high unemployment is work requirements not met. If only we can quit the corp welfare , that would be great, lower sales tax for all.

Most SNAP participants who can work, do work. SNAP rules require all recipients meet work requirements unless they are exempt because of age or disability or another specific reason. Children, seniors, and those with disabilities comprise almost two-thirds of all SNAP participants. Among households that include someone who is able to work, more than 75 percent* had a job in year before or after receiving SNAP. Forty-three percent of SNAP participants live in a household with earnings.

Some of these working individuals are ABAWDs, or able-bodied adults without dependents. ABAWDs must meet special work requirements, in addition to the general work requirements, to maintain their eligibility.

An ABAWD is a person between the ages of 18 and 49 who has no dependents and is not disabled. ABAWD stands for Able Bodied Adult Without Dependents.

ABAWDs can only get SNAP for 3 months in 3 years if they do not meet certain special work requirements. This is called the time limit.

Exactly. ANd strollingbones makes the very good point that some who may appear able bodied are actually anything but.

So sick of RWNJs celebrating harming people who are working their butts off to succeed. Or those who are flattened through no fault of their own - children, babies, elderly, vets, handicapped. Especially pisses me off that Rs who got help want to deny it to others - LyinRyan and Ben Carson come to mind.

They and the Repubs feeding at the public trough and constantly on vacation, want an end to feeding children in school programs. They want an end to PP and affordable health care for those very same kids. If it helps anyone but the wealthy, the RWNJs are against it.

Don't know about the OP but Jackson is always yammering about what a good christian she is. Read the posts in the Charlie Gard threads and the phony christians are all whining and crying and blaming liberals. BS.

I am a firm supporter of SNAP------americans have a RIGHT TO EAT. My taxes ----I GLADLY PAY
THE PART THAT SUPPORTS SNAP

Very deceptive article:

Exactly. ANd strollingbones makes the very good point that some who may appear able bodied are actually anything but.

So sick of RWNJs celebrating harming people who are working their butts off to succeed. Or those who are flattened through no fault of their own - children, babies, elderly, vets, handicapped. Especially pisses me off that Rs who got help want to deny it to others - LyinRyan and Ben Carson come to mind.

They and the Repubs feeding at the public trough and constantly on vacation, want an end to feeding children in school programs. They want an end to PP and affordable health care for those very same kids. If it helps anyone but the wealthy, the RWNJs are against it.

Don't know about the OP but Jackson is always yammering about what a good christian she is. Read the posts in the Charlie Gard threads and the phony christians are all whining and crying and blaming liberals. BS.
Luddly, I don't remember bragging about my Christian beliefs, although I am a Christian and I am comfortable with that. Will read the Charlie Gard threads now.

I am a firm supporter of SNAP------americans have a RIGHT TO EAT. My taxes ----I GLADLY PAY
THE PART THAT SUPPORTS SNAP

Absolutely agree.

As human beings, we need to take care of those who need help.

If we really want to stop welfare abuse, let's go after corporations. If they paid their own way, there would be plenty for the hungry.

I am a firm supporter of SNAP------americans have a RIGHT TO EAT.

Where is that at in the Constitution?

I expressed a personal opinion ----consistent Jefferson's ----
comment -------"endowed by their creator...."------which is
mentioned in the Declaration of Independence----LIFE, LIBERTY
and THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. Food is the "life" part----
"CREATOR" refers to the natural laws expressed in the bible--------
"never muzzle an ox whilst it threshes grain". sheeesh, Taz

So why am I paying for my food at the grocery store? If it's my right I should be able to fill up my cart and walk right out the door, right?

So why am I paying for my food at the grocery store? If it's my right I should be able to fill up my cart and walk right out the door, right?

no-----you have a right to eat---------good you have money to buy-----it is the penniless ox that
can munch for free -----it is so written in DA GOOD BOOK. Jefferson knew that

no-----you have a right to eat---------good you have money to buy-----it is the penniless ox that

If it's my right then there can be no penalty if I walk out without paying.

is it ok to refer to a mod as a "JERK"?

I suppose when you have lost the argument

I suppose when you have lost the argument

ok I LOST THE ARGUEMENT-----YOU JERK

Forum List

Back