Food Stamp Fraud - The New Crime Wave

At one time I would have thought that was a joke, but now know better. I'm waiting for some raging liberal to tell me I'm heartless and against feeding children because I am disgusted at the way too many people are taking tax payers for a ride. It's a big problem when millions are accepting freebies from government when they obviously don't need them. When giverment is willing to pass out cards for entertainment, of course people will take them. We've all heard the excuse from people who really don't need help- "If I don't take it, someone else will."

And why has government knowingly allowed this sort of fraud to get worse? I think I know the answer. It's all about votes.

I saw a spot on TV a couple years ago that the new thing is to feed children 3 meals a day in school because the government knows they are not getting the benefit of the food stamps. So pay twice, feed them once.

DC Students Receive Dinner at School

WASHINGTON - Getting kids to eat three healthy meals a day can be a challenge, especially if money is tight. But D.C. Public Schools have found a way to take some of that burden off parents. They are now serving dinner at school.

Yep...our school system started breakfast programs about 7-8 years ago.
Kids who were on the free lunch program automatically qualified for free breakfast as well. As well as two schools continue the lunch program thru the summer even when the kids are out of school.

At one time I would have thought that was a joke, but now know better. I'm waiting for some raging liberal to tell me I'm heartless and against feeding children because I am disgusted at the way too many people are taking tax payers for a ride. It's a big problem when millions are accepting freebies from government when they obviously don't need them. When giverment is willing to pass out cards for entertainment, of course people will take them. We've all heard the excuse from people who really don't need help- "If I don't take it, someone else will."

And why has government knowingly allowed this sort of fraud to get worse? I think I know the answer. It's all about votes.

I saw a spot on TV a couple years ago that the new thing is to feed children 3 meals a day in school because the government knows they are not getting the benefit of the food stamps. So pay twice, feed them once.

WASHINGTON - Getting kids to eat three healthy meals a day can be a challenge, especially if money is tight. But D.C. Public Schools have found a way to take some of that burden off parents. They are now serving dinner at school.

Kids who were on the free lunch program automatically qualified for free breakfast as well. As well as two schools continue the lunch program thru the summer even when the kids are out of school.

When I was in school? We had 'reduced cost' programs or you just brought it from home...period.

I heard in Massachussetts you can use your EBT card to withdraw cash from ATM's, that just blows my mind.

How does the EBT Card work?

The EBT card works like a bank card. Each month, the government will add your benefits into an account they set up for you. You then access your benefits by using your EBT card at POS (Point of Sale) machines to buy things or get cash back. You can also go to ATMs to withdraw money. Find out how to use your EBT card at participating stores.
If you receive Temporary Cash Assistance benefits, you can both withdraw money from ATMs or buy things at participating stores. If you receive only food stamp benefits, you can only use your EBT card to buy food from grocery stores.

Yep. Source:EBT Card

I heard in Massachussetts you can use your EBT card to withdraw cash from ATM's, that just blows my mind.

The EBT card works like a bank card. Each month, the government will add your benefits into an account they set up for you. You then access your benefits by using your EBT card at POS (Point of Sale) machines to buy things or get cash back. You can also go to ATMs to withdraw money. Find out how to use your EBT card at participating stores.
If you receive Temporary Cash Assistance benefits, you can both withdraw money from ATMs or buy things at participating stores. If you receive only food stamp benefits, you can only use your EBT card to buy food from grocery stores.

Hmm I think it varies by state, I know in MA you can withdraw cash and such but in Virginia you can only use it at designated stores and only for food, you cannot use it for anything else and you cannot withdraw cash.

Hmm I think it varies by state, I know in MA you can withdraw cash and such but in Virginia you can only use it at designated stores and only for food, you cannot use it for anything else and you cannot withdraw cash.

I took your quote regarding Massechussetts...and binged it...:doubt:

Wow. They really need to change that, letting people withdraw cash off the card is madness.

Wow. They really need to change that, letting people withdraw cash off the card is madness.

As long as those recipients can get to the treasury with ease at our expense for exchange for votes?

Why not?

How many?

How many able-bodied adult Americans are choosing not to work and instead live off of government programs?

How many.............and how much is the total bill for this number?

C'mon nutters. Answer this question. I've been asking you for several months now.
Whooooosh.

The point is not that they chose not to work, the point is that the government is, as usual, incompetent with taxpayer money.

Seriously, Mass only just prohibited food stamp funds being spent on alcohol, tobacco, lottery tickets, nail salons, and tattoo parlors? Really? 2011? That's just amazing.

Can't answer. Not shocked.

How many?

How many able-bodied adult Americans are choosing not to work and instead live off of government programs?

C'mon nutters. Answer this question. I've been asking you for several months now.
Whooooosh.

The point is not that they chose not to work, the point is that the government is, as usual, incompetent with taxpayer money.

Seriously, Mass only just prohibited food stamp funds being spent on alcohol, tobacco, lottery tickets, nail salons, and tattoo parlors? Really? 2011? That's just amazing.

Can't answer. Not shocked.

Yeah! Just wait until I know Si isn't there and answer...then.:clap2:

When I was in school? We had 'reduced cost' programs or you just brought it from home...period.

If kids bring it from home now, they are apt to have their lunch taken away. Schools want to feed them and don't like parents trying to do it. They'll take away the healthy turkey sandwich and give them gross chicken nuggets.

They need to require IDs for using the EBT cards or at least put their pictures on the cards. That would help stop people from selling them. I can't believe people are using these cards at strip clubs, bars, tattoo parlors and nail salons, etc. If they can do all those things, they don't need our help. This is just giving people more than they need so they have the means to waste our money on this crap.

Last edited:

If kids bring it from home now, they are apt to have their lunch taken away. Schools want to feed them and don't like parents trying to do it. They'll take away the healthy turkey sandwich and give them gross chicken nuggets.

They need to require IDs for using the EBT cards or at least put their pictures on the cards. That would help stop people from selling them. I can't believe people are using these cards at strip clubs, bars, tattoo parlors and nail salons, etc. If they can do all those things, they don't need our help. This is just giving people more than they need so they have the means to waste our money on this crap.

Indeed...I'm HIP...USDA NAZI throws your lunch away and serves you pressed chicken lips...or Soylent PINK

The breakfast thing has been around for years. But the kicker her is they are now getting ALL 3 meals at schools to 'take some of that burden off the parents.' WTF? The parents are no longer expected to feed their own kids? So they just have their food stamps to blow on themselves. This is ridiculous. WTF did I work so hard for?

How many?

Whooooosh.

As of yet, I don't know of any way they have stopped the barterng of the cards for cash or merchandise.n Thumb print technology is available. Don't know why they don't use it.

You are referring to an already debunked story. Nobody's lunch was thrown away. You're perpetrating a myth.

http://www.carolinajournal.com/jhdailyjournal/display_jhdailyjournal.html?id=8780

How many?

Whooooosh.

As of yet, I don't know of any way they have stopped the barterng of the cards for cash or merchandise.n Thumb print technology is available. Don't know why they don't use it.

Thumb print...think criminal...being on the lamb from Law enforcement... ;)

Food-Stamp-Party.jpg

Really? Millions accepting freebies that they don't need. Millions?

Yes..Millions.
Here's another criminally motivated fraud....Free or reduced price meals for public school students.
Bet few know that it is ILLEGAL for school districts to investigate applications for the stipend....As a matter of fact, some districts demand teachers encourage as many students as possible to take the freebie. Why? Because the school district gets many times more dollars for each student than they will consume in food.
The free or reduced priced meal system should be CANCELLED immediately.

You are referring to an already debunked story. Nobody's lunch was thrown away. You're perpetrating a myth.

The Chicken Nuggets Story, Bite By Bite

The story might have had a few misunderstandings, but the child's lunch was deemed insufficient and the child was given a school lunch. Other children were also given food from the cafeteria after their lunches weren't deemed inadequate. The children believed that they were supposed to eat the school food instead of what they bought from home. Why did they waste money by giving the children an entire meal instead of offering up an item or two they felt was missing? It's still outrageous that someone else is inspecting kids' lunches and taking the decision away from the parent. It's intrusive and uncalled for. And the school lunch given to their children sounded inedaquate. Chicken nuggets aren't exactly high on the list of nutricious foods. The child in question didn't even eat all the school food because it wasn't appealing. The mother had sent good food that she knew her child would eat. They also charged parents for the meals that the children nor the parents asked for.

The school cited a study showing children do better when they eat a good meal. Since the children didn't like what the school offered, they ate less than they would have if they had eaten what they bought from home.

The parents have every right to be upset and the school has explaining to do.

The breakfast thing has been around for years. But the kicker her is they are now getting ALL 3 meals at schools to 'take some of that burden off the parents.' WTF? The parents are no longer expected to feed their own kids? So they just have their food stamps to blow on themselves. This is ridiculous. WTF did I work so hard for?

Liberals see only idiots who are incapable of making important decisions and, therefore, they feel the need to step in make decisions for them. Parents are too stupid to be trusted with a responsibility as important as feeding their children. Even though they are given food stamps, they chose the wrong things (or maybe blow the money at strip joints), so it's necessary for the schools to assume the parenting role and feed children all meals. I heard some wanted to include the entire family year 'round so they wouldn't have to waste any food stamp money on food. Of course, it may be a hassle for a family to get to the school three times a day, so I'm sure they're working on a freebie meals on wheels to deliver food. While there, perhaps they can inspect the homes to make sure the people are using the right light bulbs and low flow toilets.

Forum List

Back