Food stamp abuse by government volunteers

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
Food stamp enrollment skyrockets as unemployment rate declines.

South Dakota Republican John Thune, chairman of the Senate Republican Conference, and Alabama Republican Sen. Jeff Sessions, ranking member of the Senate Budget Committee, sent a letter to CNCS CEO Wendy Spencer on Tuesday inquiring about why the number of CNCS participants already enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), or food stamp program, appears to have grown, resulting in expanded food stamp use among government-funded volunteers.

Read more: GOP senators voice concern about potential food stamp abuse by government volunteers | The Daily Caller

You have to be below a certain level of income to qualify for food stamps. Apparently these volunteers receive a stipend and yet are still paid poorly enough to qualify for food stamps.

Here we have people actually WORKING for their bennies and the GOPers object.

Yet another reason they lost the election.

More government workers at that level are getting foodstamps because although the poverty level continues to go up up up they don't get cost of living raises at the same rate.

Also volunteers and entry level workers often come via the lobby....

Certain stipends don't count as income. For example, Americorps volunteers have their rent paid, and receive a small monthly stipend...which isn't counted. So they get the maximum snap benefits.

It's perfectly legal. The way it's set up makes free loaders out of everyone..

Who's we? Who calls people "free shitters", Matthew? Anyone besides you?

Do you realize how alone you are?

Of course you do.......that realization feeds your bitterness.

Yes, we can now say proudly that almost 50 percent of the population receives some sort of entitlement.

Yay!!! Soon completely self sufficient men and families will be a thing of the past! Everyone will be just like del, joe and gaybiker.

I know I'm looking forward to that day...

Hey fuk head matthew. How little money does a person need to make to qualify for food stamps? Is it 5,0000 a year? 2,0000 a year.

What is the fuking magic number where YOU would decide it ok to recieve foood stamps?
Or is it much better for poor people to be hungry. Puts a little fire in their bellies. Is that your opinion?

Did you see the three counties in Kentucky that recieve over 50% of the counties income comes in the form of government benefits. ie SSI, food stamps, welfare etc.

And all three counties voted all Mittens. Man wouldn't they have been unhappy if Mitt won.

Yes, we can now say proudly that almost 50 percent of the population receives some sort of entitlement.

Yay!!! Soon completely self sufficient men and families will be a thing of the past! Everyone will be just like del, joe and gaybiker.

Are you saying that one out of two people that YOU know, are recieving government benefits?

Or is that just some number you liked the sound of?

Um... Okay. I work a job 40 hours a week and I spend another 10 hours a week on my home business.

I don't take a dime of government money. So I'm not sure how you can say I'm anything but "self-sufficient".

I would like nothing better to have "self-Sufficient" people be the norm. but the fact is, the Plutocrats- the people who really run the GOP and keep stupid people like you upset about guns or abortion all day- have no interest in self-sufficency.

They want to keep about half the country hungry enough, so the other half that does work will put up with more bullshit.

Hey, remember the good old days when Clinton had the unemployment rate down to 3.9% and the worst thing we had to worry about was whether he was getting a blow job in the White House?

Business fucking HATED that. They hated having to train people and pay them top dollar.

Again, your priorities are kind of skewed and your anger misdirected.

Hey fuk head matthew. How little money does a person need to make to qualify for food stamps? Is it 5,0000 a year? 2,0000 a year.

What is the fuking magic number where YOU would decide it ok to recieve foood stamps?
Or is it much better for poor people to be hungry. Puts a little fire in their bellies. Is that your opinion?

Did you see the three counties in Kentucky that recieve over 50% of the counties income comes in the form of government benefits. ie SSI, food stamps, welfare etc.

And all three counties voted all Mittens. Man wouldn't they have been unhappy if Mitt won.

That depends on whether or not he would have put policies in place that allowed them to return to work.

Nobody knows better the crushing devastation of policies that cause business and production to shut down than the people who losetheir jobs to them. Oregon has a high foodstamp recipient percetage too...and those in the rural areas voted for mitt as well, because they know what it's like when goverment shuts down industry.

Forum List

Back