Food (pictorial)

Connery

Rookie
Oct 19, 2012
Please share your cooking creations, aspirations and even your frustrations in pictures. Leave a note as to what the dish is about, how you came up with the idea and what it took to prepare and cook.

I have loved cooking as far back as I can remember. I would sit and talk with my grandmother while she cooked and watch what she did. I learned a great deal from her and hope we can share ideas, tips and dishes here.

I will start with my beef soup/stew. This concoction will revive anyone breathing or not.

It is made with:

Beef seared

Carrots

Onions(wedged)

Yukon Gold potatoes

Barley

Bay leaf

Oregano

Fresh ground pepper

Worcestershire source

Beef bouillon

Garlic

Corn

IMG_3267.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

It is a very thick stock that can be transformed into a stew or a soup.

Last edited:
Delicious!

can the beef be replaced with chicken? I don't eat red meat ... but otherwise it looks absolutely exquisite! :eusa_clap:

Please share your cooking creations, aspirations and even your frustrations in pictures. Leave a note as to what the dish is about, how you came up with the idea and what it took to prepare and cook.

I have loved cooking as far back as I can remember. I would sit and talk with my grandmother while she cooked and watch what she did. I learned a great deal from her and hope we can share ideas, tips and dishes here.

I will start with my beef soup/stew. This concoction will revive anyone breathing or not.

It is made with:

Beef seared

Carrots

Onions(wedged)

Yukon Gold potatoes

Barley

Bay leaf

Oregano

Fresh ground pepper

Worcestershire source

Beef bouillon

Garlic

IMG_3267.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

It is a very thick stock that can be transformed into a stew or a soup.
That shit looks bangin.

• Banned
Delicious!

can the beef be replaced with chicken? I don't eat red meat ... but otherwise it looks absolutely exquisite! :eusa_clap:

Thank you!!

Of course it can!!! In fact, the chicken falls off the bone making a delicious blending of texture and taste.

I talk about food and I get all happy...:D

I've never photographed my gumbo... but here it is...

2 large yellow onions, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lb andouille sausage, sliced
4 skinless chicken thighs, cubed
1 carton Kitchen Basics chicken stock
1 carton Kitchen Basics beef stock

Sear the andouille and then transfer to a pot with the beef stock, simmer the cut up andouille in the beef stock till reduced by 1/2. Now sear the chicken in the fat from the sausage, remove from the pot. Make about 2/3 cup dark roux.. don't burn it! Then transfer the vegetables to the roux, cook on me heat, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes. Add the chicken stock and the beef stock and sausage. cook over low heat for about 3 hours. Remove the sausage, puree the stocks & vegetable in a food processor, add back to the pot and add the chicken, cook for about an hour.. When finished, remove from th heat, stir in about a tbspn of filet.

DONE!

Last edited:
  • Banned
:ack-1:

cocktail weenies?

I don't have cock tails and I don't eat weenies either....butt, I will be posting seafood as this thread progresses. I have a dish that requires "hairy" clams and prawns.

2 stalks celery, chopped
6 cloves garlic, chopped

Sear the andouille and then transfer to a pot with the beef stock, simmer the cut up andouille in the beef stock till reduced by 1/2. Now sear the chicken in the fat from the sausage, remove from the pot. Make about 2/3 cup dark roux.. don't burn it! Then transfer the vegetables to the roux, cook on me heat, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes. Add the chicken stock and the beef stock and sausage. cook over low heat for about 3 hours. Remove the sausage, puree the stocks & vegetable in a food processor, add back to the pot and add the chicken, cook for about an hour.. When finished, remove from th heat, stir in about a tbspn of filet.

DONE!

Nobody does food better than a Nawlinian. The French Creole Cajin combo is unstoppable.

Last edited:
There are no beans in that Connery? Looks yummy. What is the predominant flavor? Beef?

Note to self: Return to this thread when I have access to my recipes.

There are no beans in that Connery? Looks yummy. What is the predominant flavor? Beef?

No beans that is corn. Yes it is beef. The favor explodes in your mouth when you bite into each kernel. This would seem like a dish to have on a New England winter's day, however, it is a very delicate balance of flavor where this was cooked in three stages.

Searing the meat in EVOO

Having the meat cook further for 1 1/4 hours in a tomato base with the spices

Then adding in the potatoes, mushrooms etc for another hour or so...

No beans that is corn. Yes it is beef. The favor explodes in your mouth when you bite into each kernel. This would seem like a dish to have on a New England winter's day, however, it is a very delicate balance of flavor where this was cooked in three stages.

Searing the meat in EVOO

I thought it was corn but I did not see it on the list. You may already know this but I was taught to sear the meat at room temp not straight from the cold of the fridge. It lets the meat's natural moisture re-absorb back into the muscle.

Searing the meat in EVOO

I thought it was corn but I did not see it on the list. You may already know this but I was taught to sear the meat at room temp not straight from the cold of the fridge. It lets the meat's natural moisture re-absorb back into the muscle.

I take the meat out for a while and then cut up and take my time with the whole process.

btw thanks I will edit the recipe I forget the corn...:thup:

2 stalks celery, chopped
6 cloves garlic, chopped

DONE!

This sounds so delicious!!!!

2 stalks celery, chopped
6 cloves garlic, chopped

DONE!

Nobody does food better than a Nawlinian. The French Creole Cajin combo is unstoppable.

Looks great but... no shrimp? Okra? Bay leaf?

I put some hot smoked paprika in my last batch. Gives it a smokey kick. :D

This dish is called "A Marriage of Scallops Susanna and Prawns Christopher Over a Bed of Orzo".

The marinade was a mixture of honey, shaved ginger, minced garlic cloves and Teriyaki sauce. I let the scallops and prawns soak at room temperature.

IMG_2184.jpg

I wanted a Christmas feel so I chopped scallions and added sun dried tomatoes. I boiled the Orzo exactly 9 minutes for al dente (texture is very important)

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

I stir fried the scallops and prawns in the marinade and then added to the orzo.

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

:D

Forum List

Back