Food industry braces for Obama trans fat ban

Try reading the article, Dumbass.... :rolleyes:
If you can't understand the posts, stop responding or have someone walk you through them.

Still playing stupid then, that's the plan is it?
We spelled all this out for you back in post 322, smegma-for-brains. As well as TWO YEARS AGO.

Posting "wrong" doesn't exactly refute that. It's exactly the issue, regardless what you wish the issue had been before you didn't bother to read the article and jumped in with both feet and a bag of assumptions based on a bullshit OP title.

There is no "health czar deciding" jack shit. It's very simple; foodmongers will be required to demonstrate that such an additive is safe. Do that, and you can sell all the Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs Now With New Trans Fats® you want. It's very simple. Apparently so simple it's over your partisan hacknoid little head.
Wrong.
Just because it's something a food Nazi like you approves of doesn't mean it should be the law of the land. As mentioned many times by many people, there are many things in food not healthy for you BUT sensible people partake in moderation. Like tobacco, alcohol, fast food, etc.

Picking one thing out to prop up your nanny state mentality, then another, then another to grow government is the kind of thing this country fought and was founded to oppose. Move to Cuba.

What I "approve of" is irrelevant. What some company concocts in a lab however, does need to be scrutinized before being sold as a food product. It's that simple.

Perhaps if you got up off your knees and quit gobbling corporate cock long enough to read the articles, you'd figure this out and quite embarrassing yourself here.

Then again, perhaps not.

Trans fats have been around for along time now, you make it sound like some new poison was just invented and is corrupting our food supply. You've ignored everything that doesn't fit your narrow world view.

So we're going with "perhaps not". What a surprise.

Hey, tell the chemlab that wants to spike the food supply to "grow a backbone", "man up", "grow a pair" and show how that additive is safe. The way drug companies have to do, with far smaller quantities.

What in the wide world of FUCK is wrong with that?
Does Frito-Lay just inject arsenic at will into corn chips on your planet? Can I get you some?

DUMBASS.

Randbots.... :lalala:

Quit sucking the government cock and grow a backbone.

Can't even write your own material? Stealing mine now? I guess it's par for the course for the dishonest hack. I shouldn't be surprised.

What the wide world of fuck is WRONG with some of you people?

NOBODY has anything to gain from trans fats. Nobody goes out to the store to buy trans fats. Nobody sits down to a meal and says "please pass the trans fats". Nobody even sells a product advertising their trans fats. In short it has nothing to recommend it -- yet here come the knee jerks with this lockstep Randian botshit, falling all over themselves to preserve, protect and defend the existence of a synthetic poison they claim they don't even use.

Freaking wacko.

Last edited:
If you can't understand the posts, stop responding or have someone walk you through them.

Still playing stupid then, that's the plan is it?
We spelled all this out for you back in post 322, smegma-for-brains. As well as TWO YEARS AGO.

Posting "wrong" doesn't exactly refute that. It's exactly the issue, regardless what you wish the issue had been before you didn't bother to read the article and jumped in with both feet and a bag of assumptions based on a bullshit OP title.

There is no "health czar deciding" jack shit. It's very simple; foodmongers will be required to demonstrate that such an additive is safe. Do that, and you can sell all the Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs Now With New Trans Fats® you want. It's very simple. Apparently so simple it's over your partisan hacknoid little head.
Wrong.
Just because it's something a food Nazi like you approves of doesn't mean it should be the law of the land. As mentioned many times by many people, there are many things in food not healthy for you BUT sensible people partake in moderation. Like tobacco, alcohol, fast food, etc.

Picking one thing out to prop up your nanny state mentality, then another, then another to grow government is the kind of thing this country fought and was founded to oppose. Move to Cuba.

What I "approve of" is irrelevant. What some company concocts in a lab however, does need to be scrutinized before being sold as a food product. It's that simple.

Perhaps if you got up off your knees and quit gobbling corporate cock long enough to read the articles, you'd figure this out and quite embarrassing yourself here.

Then again, perhaps not.

Trans fats have been around for along time now, you make it sound like some new poison was just invented and is corrupting our food supply. You've ignored everything that doesn't fit your narrow world view.

So we're going with "perhaps not". What a surprise.

Hey, tell the chemlab that wants to spike the food supply to "grow a backbone", "man up", "grow a pair" and show how that additive is safe. The way drug companies have to do, with far smaller quantities.

What in the wide world of FUCK is wrong with that?
Does Frito-Lay just inject arsenic at will into corn chips on your planet? Can I get you some?

DUMBASS.

Randbots.... :lalala:

Quit sucking the government cock and grow a backbone.

Can't even write your own material? Stealing mine now? I guess it's par for the course for the dishonest hack. I shouldn't be surprised.

What the wide world of fuck is WRONG with some of you people?

NOBODY has anything to gain from trans fats. Nobody goes out to the store to buy trans fats. Nobody sits down to a meal and says "please pass the trans fats". Nobody even sells a product advertising their trans fats. In short it has nothing to recommend it -- yet here come the knee jerks with this lockstep Randian botshit, falling all over themselves to preserve, protect and defend the existence of a synthetic poison they claim they don't even use.

Freaking wacko.
You missed the points. Have your nana walk you through it. After your milk and cookies, you won't be concentrating too well before that.

Pulitzer Prize-winning, New York Times investigative reporter Michael Moss may have temporarily dodged a bullet. Any other week you’d expect a big, fat backlash against his new book Salt Sugar and Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us, a stunning and impeccably researched indictment of the $1 trillion processed food industry, profiteering Wall Street backers and their joint effort to put profits above public health.

He's pretty much accusing them of trying to kill us all.

But all the food biggies are otherwise occupied at the moment battling back international headlines about horse meat in IKEA Swedish meatballs and the discovery of global mystery meat (donkey, goat and water buffalo) in burgers and sausages worldwide. [poster note: article is from February 2013]

Ironically, it was Moss’s investigation of the transgressions of the U.S. meat industry in threatening us all with e.Coli and Salmonella poisoning that won him his first Pulitzer. Now that feels like small change compared to the issues raised in Salt Sugar and Fat, four years in the making and full of insider interviews and damning reams of internal communications.

[Moss:] "Philip Morris bought General Foods in 1986 and Kraft in 1989 and held both until the mid-2000s—through the height of obesity surge. Their arc is pretty stunning in the book because in the end, they were the ones to liken salt, sugar and fat in foods to nicotine in cigarettes.

... Companies have re-shaped all of our palettes to not only tolerate but to expect sweetness and saltiness. Salt excites taste buds in the brain and helps companies avoid more expensive spices and ingredients. And companies test sugar loads on kids for products aimed at kids, they’re engineered to hit higher “bliss” points. We all know that salt, sugar and fat are being heaped upon us, but the concerted nature of the effort is what came as a surprise, with company scientists working feverishly to come up with the perfect formulation for a blissful, optimally craveable, addictive food. And that’s aside from all the packaging and marketing that can fool even smart shoppers. Even seemingly healthy looking items can be loaded with salt, sugar and fat."
Hey, why don't we just make heroin legal too? That way Corporatia can make a buck off it. Who cares if somebody gets hurt.

More here....

"I was surprised to hear from the former CEO of Philip Morris, who is no friend of government, no friend of government regulation," says Moss, "to tell me that, 'Look, Michael, in the case of the processed food industry, what you're looking at is a total inability on their part to collectively decide to do the right thing by consumers on the health profile of their products. In this case, I can see how you might need government regulation if [for] nothing else [than] to give the companies cover from the pressure of Wall Street.' "

File under: "How the World Works -- attention Randbots"

Last edited:
Avoiding trans fats and saturated fats will not only reduce your chance of heart disease but also other serious diseases. Any amount that enters your body is likely to increase your cholesterol which leads eventually to heart disease and strokes. Eliminating artificial trans fats from all foods is a relatively easy way to reduce cholesterol. Both the individual and the nation benefits. We spend 444 billion dollars a year on heart disease, 1 in every 6 healthcare dollars.
Plenty of people avoid it now. I get very little trans fat because of my eating choices. You libs need mother government to make decisions for you, that's what the argument is really all about.
If you avoid restaurants and processed foods that use hydrogenation, you can avoid artificial trans fats. Since most people eat in restaurants and most of our baked and fried foods contain it, that's not practical for most people.
It isn't practical since they are forced to eat out? You libs are nuts. Plus, people do eat out and are quite healthy, quit ordering the double cheesecake whip cream dessert.
'Whisky and 15 cigarettes a day is the secret of my good health' says Dorothy Howe as she celebrates her 100th birthday." Therefore cigarettes and liquor pose no danger to public.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Whisky and 15 cigarettes a day is the secret of my good health says Dorothy as she celebrates her 100th birthday with a glass of her favourite tipple of course Daily Mail Online
Look, you low slopping foreheaded retard. The point is that people, like Dorothy, should decide for herself, not some self appointed health czar. Get it? Add a few more whirly gigs to your post, that will make your point more meaningful.
Of course people should be able decide for themselves but only if they're given the information they need to make the decision. Does food processor labeling disclose the amount of trans fats? No, food processors round down to zero anything less than .5 grams. Are restaurants required to disclose the amount of trans fats in their meals. No. Are parents given the nutritional information including trans fats in cafeteria meals. No. Are vending machine and food trucks require to disclose trans fats and other ingredients. No.

What conservatives really want is for people to make their own decisions using TV ads and whatever information the food processor wants to provide.

Plenty of people avoid it now. I get very little trans fat because of my eating choices. You libs need mother government to make decisions for you, that's what the argument is really all about.
If you avoid restaurants and processed foods that use hydrogenation, you can avoid artificial trans fats. Since most people eat in restaurants and most of our baked and fried foods contain it, that's not practical for most people.
It isn't practical since they are forced to eat out? You libs are nuts. Plus, people do eat out and are quite healthy, quit ordering the double cheesecake whip cream dessert.
'Whisky and 15 cigarettes a day is the secret of my good health' says Dorothy Howe as she celebrates her 100th birthday." Therefore cigarettes and liquor pose no danger to public.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Whisky and 15 cigarettes a day is the secret of my good health says Dorothy as she celebrates her 100th birthday with a glass of her favourite tipple of course Daily Mail Online
Look, you low slopping foreheaded retard. The point is that people, like Dorothy, should decide for herself, not some self appointed health czar. Get it? Add a few more whirly gigs to your post, that will make your point more meaningful.
Of course people should be able decide for themselves but only if they're given the information they need to make the decision. Does food processor labeling disclose the amount of trans fats? No, food processors round down to zero anything less than .5 grams. Are restaurants required to disclose the amount of trans fats in their meals. No. Are parents given the nutritional information including trans fats in cafeteria meals. No. Are vending machine and food trucks require to disclose trans fats and other ingredients. No.

What conservatives really want is for people to make their own decisions using TV ads and whatever information the food processor wants to provide.
The industry responded quite a while back, many packages state there are no trans fats, or very little. If a person cares they know to look for it. Only an idiot thinks they are getting the healthiest foods from vending machines or trucks.

Why do liberals need such basics explained to them? Why don't we pass legislation requiring all liberals have a professional caretakers to make get their food, wipe their butts and do whatever mundane chore the rest of us take for granted?

The industry responded quite a while back, many packages state there are no trans fats, or very little. If a person cares they know to look for it. Only an idiot thinks they are getting the healthiest foods from vending machines or trucks.

Why do liberals need such basics explained to them? Why don't we pass legislation requiring all liberals have a professional caretakers to make get their food, wipe their butts and do whatever mundane chore the rest of us take for granted?

Once again for the 83rd time, there is no such legislation. It does not exst.

What's being proposed is that food sellers should have a burden of proof to show this synthetic substance is not harmful to human health. Now what possible objection can there be, even from a sane person, to ensuring your food isn't poisoned?

If a guy hands out apples on Hallowe'en that have razor blades embedded in 'em, you're gonna be cheering him on from the sidelines crowing about how da big bad eebil gumbint can't arrest him because the kid should "know to look for it"?

Stupid fuck.

What's being proposed is that food sellers should have a burden of proof to show this synthetic substance is not harmful to human health. Now what possible objection can there be, even from a sane person, to ensuring your food isn't poisoned?

If a guy hands out apples on Hallowe'en that have razor blades embedded in 'em, you're gonna be cheering him on from the sidelines crowing about how da big bad eebil gumbint can't arrest him because the kid should "know to look for it"?

Stupid fuck.
Kiss my dick. I never said the law existed, you keep arguing as if I did. The news was that there's a push for it and I explained in detail why it would be stupid to make it a law.

Stupid fuck.
Kiss my dick. I never said the law existed, you keep arguing as if I did. The news was that there's a push for it and I explained in detail why it would be stupid to make it a law.

Please to keep your homoerotic fantasies to those interested. Your point is pointless, as as I just pointed out, no such law is even being proposed -- let alone exists. Simple partisan hack....

Most people do care but they haven't the time to research all the food they and their family eat. They depend of the nutrient label which does not accurately display fat content nor other unhealthy chemicals in the food. Here is the ingredients posted for a Chick Fil A sandwich, a sandwich with noting but chicken and pickles. How many people really have the time an knowledge to understand this?

whole breast filet, seasoning salt, monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika, seasoned enriched bleached wheat flour with malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat milk, leavening baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, spice, soybean oil, color paprika, milk wash water, nonfat milk, egg, peanut oil fully refined peanut oil, with Dimethylpolysiloxane, bun enriched wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate Vitamin B1, riboflavin Vitamin B2, water, corn syrup, contains 2% or less of each of the following: liquid yeast, salt, wheat gluten, soy flour, dough conditioners may contain one or more of the following: mono- and diglycerides, calcium and sodium stearoyl lactylates, calcium peroxide, amylase, yeast nutrients monocalcium phosphate, calcium sulfate, ammonium sulfate, calcium propionate added to retard spoilage, cornstarch), butter oil [soybean oil, palm kernel oil, soy lecithin, artificial flavor, TBHQ and citric acid added as preservatives, and artificial color, cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, alum, potassium sorbate, natural flavors, polysorbate 80, yellow 5, blue 1.

Most people do care but they haven't the time to research all the food they and their family eat. They depend of the nutrient label which does not accurately display fat content nor other unhealthy chemicals in the food. Here is the ingredients posted for a Chick Fil A sandwich, a sandwich with noting but chicken and pickles. How many people really have the time an knowledge to understand this?

whole breast filet, seasoning salt, monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika, seasoned enriched bleached wheat flour with malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat milk, leavening baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, spice, soybean oil, color paprika, milk wash water, nonfat milk, egg, peanut oil fully refined peanut oil, with Dimethylpolysiloxane, bun enriched wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate Vitamin B1, riboflavin Vitamin B2, water, corn syrup, contains 2% or less of each of the following: liquid yeast, salt, wheat gluten, soy flour, dough conditioners may contain one or more of the following: mono- and diglycerides, calcium and sodium stearoyl lactylates, calcium peroxide, amylase, yeast nutrients monocalcium phosphate, calcium sulfate, ammonium sulfate, calcium propionate added to retard spoilage, cornstarch), butter oil [soybean oil, palm kernel oil, soy lecithin, artificial flavor, TBHQ and citric acid added as preservatives, and artificial color, cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, alum, potassium sorbate, natural flavors, polysorbate 80, yellow 5, blue 1.

I see at least seven substances I won't ingest under any circumstances, but that can only be done if I know about them. Ain't no ingredient labels in a restaurant -- even ones with real food.

I see at least seven substances I won't ingest under any circumstances, but that can only be done if I know about them. Ain't no ingredient labels in a restaurant -- even ones with real food.
The fewer the ingredients the better.

Food processors will add substances to sharpen taste such as monosodium glumate, bulking agents to increase bulk, anti-caking agents to keep the mess from caking, emulsifiers such as sodium phosphate and diglycerides to keep oil and water from separating, and nitrates and propionates for preservatives. They then add artificial flavors and coloring before pressure cooking to simulate the taste and color of real food.

How many people think fast food is healthy as opposed to quick and tasty? I don't know but the theme here is that human being are helpless, can't read/don't have time to read, truth covered up, persuaded and led by their eyes and noses to the profit driven feeding tough against their waning will power.

It's all bullshit. Anyone with a functioning mind knows that processed foods are not the healthiest choice they can make, they do it out of convenience and pleasure. You don't need to be a chemist to know that an ingredient list like a page out of the Bible is a good for you as natural food.

The bottom line is that liberals are perpetual victims and refuse to accept personal reponsibility and will always blame others for their shortcomings. If they outlaw trans fats they will immediately find another bogeyman to rally around and our laws will continue to circle the drain of the lowest common denominator. And thanks to the libs, the bar is set lower every day.

How many people think fast food is healthy as opposed to quick and tasty? I don't know but the theme here is that human being are helpless, can't read/don't have time to read, truth covered up, persuaded and led by their eyes and noses to the profit driven feeding tough against their waning will power.

It's all bullshit. Anyone with a functioning mind knows that processed foods are not the healthiest choice they can make, they do it out of convenience and pleasure. You don't need to be a chemist to know that an ingredient list like a page out of the Bible is a good for you as natural food.

The bottom line is that liberals are perpetual victims and refuse to accept personal reponsibility and will always blame others for their shortcomings. If they outlaw trans fats they will immediately find another bogeyman to rally around and our laws will continue to circle the drain of the lowest common denominator. And thanks to the libs, the bar is set lower every day.

For the 84th time, NOTHING. IS. BEING. "OUTLAWED". HERE. Nothing is PROPOSED TO BE outlawed here. Learn to read, you moronic HACK.

58250.jpg

For the 84th time, NOTHING. IS. BEING. "OUTLAWED". HERE. Nothing is PROPOSED TO BE outlawed here. Learn to read, you moronic HACK.

58250.jpg
Sure they are, been at it a while now. Kiss my dick then stuff your saw (gotta remove your head first).

FDA trans fat ban Proposal makes clear no amount is safe - LA Times
The FDA announcement Thursday that it was moving to eliminate added trans fat from processed food means that microwave popcorn, frozen pizza, refrigerated dough, cookies and ready-to-use frostings are too much of a health risk. Yes, even that coffee creamer is trying to kill you.

58250.jpg
Sure they are, been at it a while now. Kiss my dick then stuff your saw (gotta remove your head first).

FDA trans fat ban Proposal makes clear no amount is safe - LA Times
The FDA announcement Thursday that it was moving to eliminate added trans fat from processed food means that microwave popcorn, frozen pizza, refrigerated dough, cookies and ready-to-use frostings are too much of a health risk. Yes, even that coffee creamer is trying to kill you.

I don't give a flying fuck what some hack writer dumbed it down to for a headline --- THERE IS NOTHING BEING OUTLAWED HERE. That's the simple fact.

This is from YOUR OWN LINK here, Stupid:

The proposal is now up for 60 days of public comment. After that time, the FDA will eliminate trans fats from the category of "generally recognized as safe." If food producers then still wanted to use the fats, they would have to prove scientifcally that they were safe for consumption.]​

Your own link.

As above, yours is the burden of proof to show where it exists. I already showed you that it doesn't --- in this thread and as far back as 2013.

The bottom line is that liberals are perpetual victims and refuse to accept personal responsibility and will always blame others for their shortcomings. If they outlaw trans fats they will immediately find another bogeyman to rally around and our laws will continue to circle the drain of the lowest common denominator. And thanks to the libs, the bar is set lower every day.
No, the bottom line is the health of the nation is dependent on the health of the individual.

Forum List

Back