Food, Inc.

Genetically altered soybeans have cross pollenated with regualr soybeans and now Monsant is putting farmers out of business for raising their patented soy beans.

In a few years all soy beans seeds in the USA will come from Monsanto and be genetically altered.
There is currently only one source of regualr non patented soy bean seeds left and it is expected to end this year.

Monsanto was the subject of the second part of Food, Inc. Such a lovely monopoly. They have teams of inspectors making sure that some private farmer's seeds don't include some of Monsanto's genetically altered seeds, even if the cross-seeding blew in on the wind! Then a second team of lawyers makes sure that farmer is so tied up in legal defenses, that he goes bankrupt.

Genetically altered soybeans have cross pollenated with regualr soybeans and now Monsant is putting farmers out of business for raising their patented soy beans.

In a few years all soy beans seeds in the USA will come from Monsanto and be genetically altered.
There is currently only one source of regualr non patented soy bean seeds left and it is expected to end this year.

Monsanto was the subject of the second part of Food, Inc. Such a lovely monopoly. They have teams of inspectors making sure that some private farmer's seeds don't include some of Monsanto's genetically altered seeds, even if the cross-seeding blew in on the wind! Then a second team of lawyers makes sure that farmer is so tied up in legal defenses, that he goes bankrupt.

I saw most of that on LINK TV.

And an ex Monsanto Lawyer Clarence Thomas wrote the Majority Supreme court opinion on the ruling that enabled Monsanto to do this.

Last edited:
we grass feed our steers and give them some grain and fat them up when its time to butcher. the meat is so tender.

The 3rd bold: :eek: :eek: WTF???
All of our meat is slaughtered in 13 (if memory serves) mega-slaughterhouses, which are highly mechanized.

This is why, when there is an outbreak, the poisoned meat is all over the country. If one slaughterhouse is infected, millions of people will be affected.

These slaughterhouses also bribe Congress to keep the flow of illegal labor open, as most of the plant workers are Mexicans paid below minimum wage.

Recently, we purchased 30 lbs of beef (various cuts and some ground) that was raised and slaughtered locally.

Until now, I had never realized how disgusting and flavorless mass-produced meat is.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
The 3rd bold: :eek: :eek: WTF???
All of our meat is slaughtered in 13 (if memory serves) mega-slaughterhouses, which are highly mechanized.

This is why, when there is an outbreak, the poisoned meat is all over the country. If one slaughterhouse is infected, millions of people will be affected.

These slaughterhouses also bribe Congress to keep the flow of illegal labor open, as most of the plant workers are Mexicans paid below minimum wage.

Recently, we purchased 30 lbs of beef (various cuts and some ground) that was raised and slaughtered locally.

Until now, I had never realized how disgusting and flavorless mass-produced meat is.

The only way I've been able to eat store bought for years is with sauces or condiments slathered all over it. No taste and tough as nails, even in a slow cooker.

[Welcome back! Don't know what you did, but you're one funny dood, imo.]

this is why you should buy organic and get meat from local butchers/farms/whatever as most sane people do. the rest of the retards can use their american right to eat whatever they want and die from cancer at 50

this is why you should buy organic and get meat from local butchers/farms/whatever as most sane people do. the rest of the retards can use their american right to eat whatever they want and die from cancer at 50

Unfortunately, organic food is very expensive and low-income people can't afford to feed their families unless they buy the junk. In the movie, it showed one bunch of organic carrots that cost as much as four hamburgers at some cheap fast-food joint. Sanity doesn't enter into the picture at all. MONEY does.

It is always important to eat Truth-based natural foods. Society always promotes unhealthy foods, such as sugar and lollies, greasy foods, junk foods etc.

The Superior always analyses foods to ensure optimum health.

It is always important to eat Truth-based natural foods. Society always promotes unhealthy foods, such as sugar and lollies, greasy foods, junk foods etc.

The Superior always analyses foods to ensure optimum health.

And here I thought you only ate your own shit.

[thread=115907]-if-i-may-have-your-attention[/thread]

Unfortunately, organic food is very expensive and low-income people can't afford to feed their families unless they buy the junk. In the movie, it showed one bunch of organic carrots that cost as much as four hamburgers at some cheap fast-food joint. Sanity doesn't enter into the picture at all. MONEY does.

this is false too as discussed many times here. even if you can't buy organic you can still buy fresh (non-processed) foods cheaper than fast food and other crap. you have to know how to cook it though

this is false too as discussed many times here. even if you can't buy organic you can still buy fresh (non-processed) foods cheaper than fast food and other crap. you have to know how to cook it though

Not for a busy family, you can't. Organic products are expensive and do not go far enough to feed a family of four. It is a simple fact. Do some comparision shopping yourself and then multiply what you pay for organic times four. Then pick up some prepared foods like Hamburger Helper that will feed four easily and cheap.

Tell you what. I have to Price Chopper tomorrow and I'll do the comparison. I'll pretend that my menu is going to be a big beef stew that I'll cook in my slow cooker and pick up all the ingredients, including a cheap cut of beef, organic carrots, onions, squash and whatever else might go well. But since I usually add a little red wine, purchased beef stock, worcestershire, I'll even eliminate those which adds to the expense of a meal intended to last for four people for four days. Then I'll check the cost for four boxes of Hamburger Helper and the hamburger, and I'll do the comparison myself. Of course I'm semi-retired and would actually have time to do all the prep work for beef stew, but I barely had time to do that when I was working even after the kids left home.

Last edited:

Not for a busy family, you can't. Organic products are expensive and do not go far enough to feed a family of four. It is a simple fact. Do some comparision shopping yourself and then multiply what you pay for organic times four. Then pick up some prepared foods like Hamburger Helper that will feed four easily and cheap.

Tell you what. I have to Price Chopper tomorrow and I'll do the comparison. I'll pretend that my menu is going to be a big beef stew that I'll cook in my slow cooker and pick up all the ingredients, including a cheap cut of beef, organic carrots, onions, squash and whatever else might go well. But since I usually add a little red wine, purchased beef stock, worcestershire, I'll even eliminate those which adds to the expense of a meal intended to last for four people for four days. Then I'll check the cost for four boxes of Hamburger Helper and the hamburger, and I'll do the comparison myself. Of course I'm semi-retired and would actually have time to do all the prep work for beef stew, but I barely had time to do that when I was working even after the kids left home.

ummm in my second reply (that you quoted) I said if you can't afford it then it doesn't have to be organic, but it still needs to be fresh instead of processed, but that fresh food requires cooking which most people are too lazy to do

the time part is semi-correct, but as with most things if it becomes a prority it can be done

Forum List

Back