food for thought

aris2chat

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2012
With the recent riots on the mount and the possibility of mezzines being silence in the city, at lease during certain hours, the question of muslim claims need to be broached.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

5 Facts That Prove Jerusalem Was NEVER A Muslim Holy City Or An Arab Capital!

Arabs turn their back on the Dome of the Rock to pray towards Mecca, Ramadan 2009
Photo Credit: Mohamar Awad
Let’s play a game of association.
What is the first thing that comes to mind when I say JERUSALEM?

If your answer was “Holy City”, then you are either Jewish or you believe in the Jewish connection to the city of Jerusalem. If you are Christian, Jerusalem is holy to you because Jesus, who was a Jew, lived there. Therefore, it is holy as the Jewish capital and the home of the two Jewish Temples that stood in Jerusalem.
If you are a Muslim, I am sure you are probably offended by the mere suggestion that Jerusalem was NEVER a Muslim holy city or an Arab capital of any kind, but since you cannot hurt me or blow me up, you’re going to have to face these historical truths and be content with writing violent reactions in the comments section below.
5 Facts To Prove Jerusalem Was NEVER A Muslim Holy City 1. The Quran While Jerusalem is mentioned in the Bible (Tanach) over 500 times, it is NEVER mentioned in the Quran, not once! Many Muslims claim this is a lie and claim the word Al Aqsa means Jerusalem. Al Aqsa literally means “The Farthest Mosque” and in no way does it mean Jerusalem.
Taken from Wikipedia Al Aqsa’s Religious Significance in Islam The mosque is believed to be the second house of prayer constructed after the Masjid al-Haram in Mecca. Post-Rashidun-era Islamic scholars traditionally identified the mosque as the site referred to in the sura (Qur’anic chapter) al-Isra (“the Night Journey”). The specific passage reads “Praise be to Him who made His servant journey in the night from the sacred sanctuary to the remotest sanctuary.” Muslims identify the “sacred sanctuary” as the Masjid al-Haram and the “remotest sanctuary” as the al-Aqsa Mosque. Initially, Rashidun and Umayyad-era scholars were in disagreement about the location of the “remotest sanctuary” with some arguing that it was actually located near Mecca. Eventually scholarly consensus determined that its location was indeed in Jerusalem.[57]
The Quranic passage that talks about the “night journey” of Mohammad to the “farthest mosque” took place sometime in the year 621 while the mosque in Jerusalem was not built till the year 705 CE! Which means, to whichever mosque Mohammad flew, it certainly was NOT in Jerusalem!
Let’s say for arguments sake that I were to accept Mohammad’s flight and let’s say I also accept for some reason that it was to the small sanctuary in Jerusalem, that still does not make the City of Jerusalem holy to Muslims, but rather a small mosque that didn’t actually exist at the time!
2. Direction of Prayer
Muslims turn their back on the Temple Mount when they pray.
While Jews face ONLY Jerusalem and while we mention Jerusalem in every prayer and when we say grace after meals, the Muslims do NOT consider Jerusalem as a holy city, EVER! Here is a picture from the Temple Mount – would you stick your backside out to a place that was holy to you?

3. Jerusalem Was Never An Arab Capital
While King David made Jerusalem the capital of the Land of Israel, never in the history of the world was Jerusalem ever a capital city of an Arab country, certainly not one called Palestine which NEVER existed!
You show me a single Arab country in the history of the world who held Jerusalem as its capital, I take down the Israel Shield blog!
4. Desecration of the Temple Mount
Whether you’re Jewish, Christian or Buddhist, you treat your temples and churches with respect and violence is simply not allowed in a place of worship. Watch these Muslims actually destroy furniture and carpets from the Mosque on the Temple Mount. Their lack of respect is witness to the fact that they clearly know that there is nothing holy to them and that the only reason they are holding on to that site is because they are fully aware that it is where the Jewish Temple once stood and will soon stand again. The mosque located on the Temple Mount was originally called Bayt al-Muqaddas which literally means built on the Mikdash (the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem)
There is one more historical fact that proves Jerusalem was NOT a Muslim holy city and that is, IT WAS A JEWISH ONE!
  • No one who disputes the fact that King David was the first to make Jerusalem a capital city.
  • No one disputes that David’s son Solomon built the first Jewish Temple in Jerusalem.
  • No one disputes the second Temple was also built on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem
  • No one disputes the fact that the Romans ransacked the Temple, slaughtered the Jews and kicked them out of Israel.
  • No one disputes that Muslims forcible conquered and occupied Jerusalem and built their mosque on the place of the Jewish Temple
For those of you who are planning on visiting Rome, you might want to check out Titus Arch which clearly depicts the Roman ransacking of the Temple vessels.

The fact is, Jews were in Jerusalem before Islam ever existed. Jerusalem was the Jewish capital of Israel before Washington was called the capital of America or London was the capital of England and Paris was the capital of France, so before you demand we give our Holy Capital City to those who come with a fictitious claim backed with terrorism and Jihad, I would ask you to give your capitals to those who call for your destruction as well!

As Binyamin Netanyahu put it so eloquently:
“The French build in Paris, the English build in London and Israel builds in Jerusalem. Should we tell Jews not to live in Jerusalem because it stirs things up?”
Even the Israeli Shekel comes from the Temple times. On the right is what the new shekel looked like and on the left is a coin from the Jewish revolt against the Romans.
For those of you pointing a finger at Israel, you are not only strengthening lies, you are actually motivating those who burn your flags and behead those who believe in freedom.​

International Temple Mount Awareness Day

ARE YOU AWARE THAT:

The Temple Mount is the holiest place in the world; yet Jews and all non-Moslems are denied the right to pray in groups, and even as individuals; this refusal is accompanied by their constant degradation, and they are granted no opportunity for any religious expression whatsoever on the Temple Mount.

Only Jews are forced to wait an extended period of time before being allowed through security.
Only Jews are forced to present their ID’s to the police.
Only Jews are followed and harassed by Israeli police and Muslim Wakf guards throughout the entire visit on the Mount.
Only Jews are arrested for crimes such as prayer, closing eyes, bowing down or singing.
The Prime Minister of Israel has failed to include the Temple Mount in his own "Heritage Plan," among those sites of historical, cultural and religious significance to the Jewish people, to receive enhanced government budgeting for the improvement of access, upkeep, and beautification of the sites.

The Mount has completely been abandoned to the Muslim Authorities and is used by Muslims for the following blasphemous activities:

Illegal digs causing unparalleled destruction of archeological evidence of the Holy Temple and the historical Jewish presence on the Mount.
Endless incitement against the Jewish State and Nation from within the Mosques.
Physical attacks against Jews on the Mount and down below at the Western Wall

Thursday, October 30, 2014
Pastor Kicked off the Temple Mount--Enough is Enough!

A Christian minister who was forced off of the Temple Mount by Muslim officials has released a video of support for Jewish rights on the TempleMount, urging Jews and "the children of Abraham" throughout the world to stand together to end Islamist harassment and discriminatory measures on Judaism's holiest site.
Pastor Keith Johnson told how he recently visited the holy site in Jerusalem when he bumped into veteran Temple Mount activist Yehuda Glick. But his warm greeting for one of the leaders of the struggle for Jewish prayer rights on the Mount attracted the attention of the Waqf - the Islamic trust which administers the site and has been behind the pressure to continue a ban on non-Muslim worship there.
Angry Waqf officials surrounded the pastor and forced his group off of theTemple Mount - but he defiantly went back to the entrance and ascended once more. The irony is that Jews who are forced off the Mount by the Waqf are usually banned from reentering.
In the video, aired at a special Temple Mount conference Jerusalem's Menachem Begin Heritage Center yesterday, Johnson called on "my Jewish friends to work together in the spirit of past peaceful protests, and to be resolved not to give in, even in the midst of yelling, cussing, spitting and throwing rocks."
"As an American pastor I am appalled by the actions of some Muslims who chastise Jewish visitors - including children - who desire to ascend theTemple Mount," he declared.
In a show of solidarity for the Jewish people, he began and ended his address in Hebrew, and wished activists "success from the God of Abraham as you continue your struggle to attain freedom to pray on theTemple Mount."
Despite its supreme importance to Jews as the site of the two Holy Temples of Jerusalem, non-Muslim visitors are banned from praying there and face arrest if suspected of doing so. Visibly Jewish visitors are subjected to particularly rigorous checks for "forbidden religious items", which many describe as discriminatory and humiliating, and religious groups are closely monitored both by Waqf officials and Israeli police.
Jewish groups often face blanket bans from ascending altogether, and Islamist groups regularly riot or engage in organized campaigns of harassment of Jewish visitors, in order to prevent Jews from ascending. The recent Jewish festival of Pesach (Passover) saw particularly severe riots by Hamas-affiliated groups on the Temple Mount - triggering calls forthe resignation of Israel's Internal Security Minister and prompting Tuesday's conference.

Too bad they left it in shambles and the Mosque and Dome is there, they have their synagogues, pray in them .

So basically you two think that all non-Muslims should be banned from the Temple Mount, the moslums should be able to riot any time they are not; to the point of throwing rocks, firecrackers, and molotov cocktails on innocent people below near the Kotel.

I am sure that this means you two are probably OK with Yehuda Glick being gunned down in cold blood too?

So basically you two think that all non-Muslims should be banned from the Temple Mount, the moslums should be able to riot any time they are not; to the point of throwing rocks, firecrackers, and molotov cocktails on innocent people below near the Kotel.

I am sure that this means you two are probably OK with Yehuda Glick being gunned down in cold blood too?

You know its more than that , you must realize the importance of the temple mount, once you give someone an inch they take a mile. Ok to go there but not pray, why not pray you say, well when you pray some people feel a connection to the place. I am sorry but the Jews left it years ago, now they want it back. Sorry it doesn't work like that. The ottomans have repaired it and Jordan has put money in it as well. They want to destroy it and build a new temple, PM Bibi wants to be the Jewish messiah before he is ousted. Don't try and make this a holy thing, its not for the Jews, but it is more so for the Pals who have been living there for centuries. The Jewish government just wants to incite riots and knows exactly how to do it, and well they are.

A case can be made that Jewish claims to where the Dome of the Rock now sits are in error. It's all just religious nonsense for both sides to argue over. When oh when will all religions be eradicated from our planet to allow all of us to begin living in harmony? ~ Susan
New Evidence for the Site of the Temple in Jerusalem

Records of Alexander of the Jerusalem temple, records from the romans of herod's temple that was built to replace Zerubbabel's which was built over the ruins of Solomon's temple 60 yrs after it destruction as well as the jewish revolt prove the temple was on the mount, that rome placed statues of caesar in the temple as a god, the destruction of herod's temple and the building of a temple to Jupiter.
The fact the mount was a place of pilgrimage to jews and christians before the muslim conquest and that Omar sought the guidance of a rabbi before the cleaning and building on the mount or that the Dome was not originally built for muslims but for all pilgrims and al-aqsa was built off to the side for the muslims to also have a place to pray on the mount.
These are not empty claims, they are recorded facts.
Samaritans believe Mt. Gerizim was the location where Abraham was to sacrificed Isaac and should have been the location of Solomon's temple. That does not disprove that the temple's existed on the temple mount.
Abraham, Jacob, David, Solomon and Jesus' ties to the mount are part of the reasons for placing Mohammed's night journey there after the conquest of Jerusalem, or that the mount was the original direction of the qibla by Mohammed moving it to mecca.
The temple was even included on some lists of wonders of the world.
There is no question that the temple was there. There is only a question among Samaritans whether the temple should have been there.

You will notice that the two anti-Semites, Pishy and Penelope, have nothing to say to each other about religion even though Pishy says she is an atheist and basically wants religion banned and Penelope says she is a Catholic.

The Jewish government just wants to incite riots and knows exactly how to do it, and well they are.

You are nothing but a Baseball Cap!

And to paraphrase something, those with eyes to read should know what the real words I wanted to use are by the first letters.

It took great restraint . . . . .

You will notice that the two anti-Semites, Pishy and Penelope, have nothing to say to each other about religion even though Pishy says she is an atheist and basically wants religion banned and Penelope says she is a Catholic.

I don't want religion banned, I want everyone on the planet to grow up. ~ Susan
~Nothing Fails Like Prayer.~

Ohhh, go on Teddy! I have never spoke, nor have I ever seen Penelope speak, of violence against anyone at anytime. Israelis, however, and their supporters and apologists, covertly speak of it all of the time under such operational titles as those listed in my link below. ~ Susan
List of the Israel Defense Forces operations - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Ohhh, go on Teddy! I have never spoke, nor have I ever seen Penelope speak, of violence against anyone at anytime. Israelis, however, and their supporters and apologists, covertly speak of it all of the time under such operational titles as those listed in my link below. ~ Susan
People like Pishy would love to see Israel not being able to defend itself. Not that Pishy cares anything about the Arabs. After all, they are just her pawns in her war against the Jews. How come, Pishy, nobody had ever seen you discussing what was happening in the rest of the Middle East when you were on a message board where such happenings were being discussed? All you ever wanted to do was talk about Israel in a derogatory fashion as if that little country was the entire Middle East.:cow:

People like Pishy would love to see Israel not being able to defend itself. Not that Pishy cares anything about the Arabs. After all, they are just her pawns in her war against the Jews. How come, Pishy, nobody had ever seen you discussing what was happening in the rest of the Middle East when you were on a message board where such happenings were being discussed? All you ever wanted to do was talk about Israel in a derogatory fashion as if that little country was the entire Middle East.:cow:

Shoo, Housefly, don't bother me . . . Shoo, Housefly, don't bother me, . . . Shoo, Housefly, don't bother me for I belong to what's known as sanity. ~ Susan
PS That little country is not the entire Middle East, Housefly, but it sure as heck is the disruption of the entire Middle East!

The Drama Queen here forgets that a psychiatrist poster told her she needs electroshock treatments so who would be the insane one here. It is quite obvious that Pishy has her eyes closed to the terrible things that are going on right now in Iraq, Syria and Yemen. There are no Jews involved so Pishy doesn't feel it is worthwhile to keep up with the news. By the way, Pishy, a woman around 50 would be asleep right now in Ohio so that she would be rested for her job the next day. How nice not to have to earn an honest living.:cow:

Some of this makes sense but this is kind of silly:

2. Direction of Prayer
Muslims turn their back on the Temple Mount when they pray.
While Jews face ONLY Jerusalem and while we mention Jerusalem in every prayer and when we say grace after meals, the Muslims do NOT consider Jerusalem as a holy city, EVER! Here is a picture from the Temple Mount – would you stick your backside out to a place that was holy to you?

If a religion has multiple holy places, but requires that adherents pray facing in towards one of them, inevitably backsides will be turned towards one of the others. It's has nothing to do whether it's considered holy or not yet it's brought up repeatedly.

The only fact that I can see out of this is that Jerusalem is a holy site for 3 major and ancient world faiths. It may not be the most important holy site, but to each but it is sacred. That means everyone has to learn to share it, treat it with respect recognize the validity of each group's ties to it and allow them to worship. That means Muslims must be tolerant of Jews worshipping there and Jews must be tolerant of Muslims worshipping there and no one should be banned from prayer unless they demonstrate their unfittness to be there by bad behavior.

Forum List

Back